It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul leading all GOP candidates for President in recent poll.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Evil_Santa

I know his father was a Cuban immigrant. What I said was at the time he was born "both his parents were US citizens.". I never said "both his parents were born in the US".

Immigrants have a process where they can be granted citizenship.

(And I already quoted from the Wiki you posted, see previous page)

Likewise, you're a hypocrite too. You've been invested in the Obama Birth-Certificate stuff. I bet if i dug far enough i could find a quote where you say that Obama is ineligible because he was "born in kenya", yet here you are saying it's ok for this GOP potential to run -- EVEN THOUGH -- we know for a fact he wasn't born on US soil.

Sorry, but you having a massive fail with reading comprehension doesn't make me a hypocrite. Obama's father was not a US citizen at the time of his birth. Whereas both Ted Cruz's father and mother were US citizens when he was born in Canada. The situations are not even similar.

Both parent's don't have to be US-citizens.

You're correct, (I already said that). If the birth is on US soil, or in a foreign land which is under US jurisdiction, then the parents do not have to be US citizens.
edit on 22-8-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Sorry, but you having a massive fail with reading comprehension doesn't make me a hypocrite.

Obama's father was not a US citizen at the time of his birth.

Whereas both Ted Cruz's father and mother were US citizens when he was born in Canada. The situations are not even similar.

Ted Cruz was born in Calgary, Alberta, on Dec. 22, 1970. His mother is a lifelong U.S. citizen. His father, born in Cuba, remained a Cuban citizen until he was naturalized as an American in 2005.

Dallas Morning News (emphasis added)

Ted Cruz was 35 years when his dad was naturalized as an American.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Many claim that hes just a typical establishment Republican

Who exactly says he is a establishment Republican? I don't know if he could be President. My gut says no. Unless the Republicans can unass themselves from the religious nuts they are going to be hard pressed in the next election.to find a suitable candidate. Is Paul acceptable to the religious right? I don't know honestly. I know he's more acceptable than his Father. His father was a bit of a odd ball.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The ONLY reason you guys even attempt to like Rand is because of who his father is. If it wasn't for Ron, you all would call Rand for what he really is, just another corporate oligarch.

But, daddy is Ron Paul, so you will swallow every bit of the tripe he dishes out to you as if it were gospel from god.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
The ONLY reason you guys even attempt to like Rand is because of who his father is. If it wasn't for Ron, you all would call Rand for what he really is, just another corporate oligarch.

But, daddy is Ron Paul, so you will swallow every bit of the tripe he dishes out to you as if it were gospel from god.

There is a lot of truth in that statement I'm afraid...

I'm trying to like him yet alarms are going off inside my head. We'll see how it shakes out. I'm not sure he'll make it through the primary.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I have no interest in the candidates this far out, but I did find the headline interesting, so I looked at the poll.

It shows Rand Paul leading Hillary by a point.

It shows Paul Ryan leading Hillary by two points.

I guess I don't understand the good people of Louisiana.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

I doubt he'll reply to you because he's done the same with me when i've called him out on other facts.

Nor does he see the hypocrisy between the Obama birther issue and this.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join