It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul leading all GOP candidates for President in recent poll.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
reply to post by seabag

The guy wanting to renounce his Canadian citizenship?

I have not really heard much in the way of his policies. He certainly doesn't necessarily seem to be a news attracting politician beyond this citizenship thing, which could be a good thing. Is it a indication is is relatively level headed?

That’s the guy! The fact that the MSM is attacking his Canadian citizenship is proof they’re scared of him.

I like what he (says) he stands for…and we’re both Texans, so I kind of know what to expect.

I really liked the way the junior senator from Texas dealt Feinstein her arse over gun control! This is one of his shining moments….at least to me.

edit on 22-8-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Sarah Palin pretty much endorsed him a few weeks back. She still has 'pull' with very conservative folks out there. And honestly, of all the potential GOP'ers (Christie, Santom, Rick Perry, Jindal, Rubio, etc) ... Rand Paul is the only one I'd consider voting for.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Seabag,

Thanks for the information! I have the pleasure of working with Texans on a daily basis and I can understand the appeal this guy has.

Being a Canadian, I would hope his citizenship to my country will not detract from his opportunity to run for president, nor do I think it will. For all intensive purposes, he is a Texan. Though I can sense some Canadian in him

The second video was great

Sometimes I think we need a little Texan perspective up here.
edit on 22-8-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Well, he is a lawyer and a politician, so I can never fully trust him.

Having said that, he is extremely intelligent particularly with regard to the US constitution. Nobody stands firmer on the 2nd amendment. Sadly, that is one of the biggest issues of our time (once again) here in America. He is ON POINT here:

There are many unknowns. Rand Paul early on used to impress me the same way. I just think Rand has decided to play the game rather than stand his ground…..and I can’t vote for that (unless of course it’s between Rand and Hillary).

Who knows….maybe a GREAT 3rd party candidate will jump into the fray soon.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Being a Canadian, I would hope his citizenship to my country will not detract from his opportunity to run for president, nor do I think it will.

Yes you're correct. Even though he was born in Canada, at the time of his birth both his parents were US citizens. To be a "natural born" US citizen you must be born within one of the states, US territories, US military bases overseas, or you can be born anywhere in the world and at the time of your birth both parents are US citizens.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

That’s the guy! The fact that the MSM is attacking his Canadian citizenship is proof they’re scared of him.

And shows their complete ignorance to what is and what Iisn't a "natural born" US citizen. Hell, you can't let a 1.4 second Google search get in the way of sizzling propaganda now can ya?

The weight of legal and historical authority indicates that the term "natural born" citizen would mean a person who is entitled to U.S. citizenship "by birth" or "at birth", either by being born "in" the United States and under its jurisdiction, even those born to alien parents; by being born abroad to U.S. citizen-parents; or by being born in other situations meeting legal requirements for U.S. citizenship "at birth". Such term, however, would not include a person who was not a U.S. citizen by birth or at birth, and who was thus born an "alien" required to go through the legal process of "naturalization" to become a U.S. citizen.

natural born citizen clause

"Friends don't let friends watch the mainstream media!"

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
reply to post by NOTurTypical

If Rand Paul was a Libertarian he would have endorsed his father, Ron Paul, in the last election and not Romney.
A libertarian does not sell out! That is completely against the thinking of a libertarian!

Maybe he doesn't like his dad?

Rand Paul is just another narcissisistic politian, you watch. You can like some of the things he says, but he's ultimately do whatever the XXXX he wants, he's proven that clearly.

Give some examples, sorry but I don't allow people to make arbitrary arguments without challenging them to meet the burden of proof.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

At least it's Canada not Kenya!

Just sayin! Cruz has released his birth certificate already and he's not even running; the election is 2+ years away.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by gladtobehere

I'm okay with that this far out from 2016. If the establishment GOP can't stand the guy then that makes me wanna double down on him.

That's always been my thought but why have many conservatives made an effort to purge Rand Paul, too?? There has got to be something behind this.

If nothing else this OP has made me more interested in REALLY digging into this guy and anyone else throwing their hat into the race. I'm scared what I might find. Too bad the MSM won't turn it's microscope on Hillary the way it certainly will do to whoever runs in the Repubs primary.

The "establishment" guys aren't Conservatives in the GOP. They are big-government progressives. Think Bush 1, Bush 2, Nixon, Ford et al. The establishment Republicans don't like the Conservatives. Instead, they just feel they are better suited to run big-government than the Democrats, but refuse to see government as the problem.

edit on 22-8-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Just sayin! Cruz has released his birth certificate already and he's not even running; the election is 2+ years away.

Well, what made the birthers go after Obama was the fact that his father wasn't a US citizen at the time of his birth. Completely different situation that that of Cruz. Both Cruz's parents were citizens when he was born. Hope that clarifies things a bit.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
My bottom line on Rand, political leanings aside, is that RON Paul is a Libertarian, RAND Paul is a poser, his opinions and stances and even his delivery speaks of someone trying hard to capitalize on the base his father built and plays to the people.

Whatever you can say about RON Paul...he always speaks his truth and isn't looking for applause...Rand seems the opposite.

Just my sentiment...a factual listing of issues would be long.

On drones...yes he grand-standed on US Soil Strikes despite that having never happened and prohibited by law...but he also opined it was perfectly acceptable to have flying drones "take-out" suspected criminals on US Soil...Something about if an armed robber walks out of a liquer store it's OK for a drone to take him out....not trial..no jury..no nothing.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Both parent's don't have to be US-citizens.

en.wikipedia.org...

Also

Cruz was born in Calgary, Alberta, Canada,[116] to a "U.S. citizen mother and a Cuban immigrant father."

Why does this sound familiar...

Barack Obama (born 1961), 44th president of the United States, was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, to a U.S. citizen mother and a British subject father from what was then the Kenya Colony of the United Kingdom (which became the independent country of Kenya in 1963).

The hypocrisy of the GOP is astounding.

Likewise, you're a hypocrite too. You've been invested in the Obama Birth-Certificate stuff. I bet if i dug far enough i could find a quote where you say that Obama is ineligible because he was "born in kenya", yet here you are saying it's ok for this GOP potential to run -- EVEN THOUGH -- we know for a fact he wasn't born on US soil.

abovetopsecret.com.samuru.com...
edit on 22-8-2013 by Evil_Santa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Sarah Palin pretty much endorsed him a few weeks back. She still has 'pull' with very conservative folks out there. And honestly, of all the potential GOP'ers (Christie, Santom, Rick Perry, Jindal, Rubio, etc) ... Rand Paul is the only one I'd consider voting for.

If it comes down to Rand and Clinton ?

2016 hell yeah I would vote for Rand.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

reply to post by MDDoxs

Being a Canadian, I would hope his citizenship to my country will not detract from his opportunity to run for president, nor do I think it will.

Yes you're correct. Even though he was born in Canada, at the time of his birth both his parents were US citizens. To be a "natural born" US citizen you must be born within one of the states, US territories, US military bases overseas, or you can be born anywhere in the world and at the time of your birth both parents are US citizens.

Actually his father was Cuban and became Canadian citizen at the time of his Cruzs birth. He became a US citizen in 2005. Not that it matters as long as you have one parent as a citizen your are one as well. Cruzs only problem is because his father was a Canadian citizen and he was born in Canada he also is a Canadian citizen. That is why he has renounced his Canadian citzenship now.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Well, what made the birthers go after Obama was the fact that his father wasn't a US citizen at the time of his birth. Completely different situation that that of Cruz. Both Cruz's parents were citizens when he was born. Hope that clarifies things a bit.

I believe that is incorrect.

Cruz`s father was not a U.S citizen at the time of Ted`s birth in 1970.

Sen. Ted Cruz released his official birth certificate to the Dallas Morning News on Monday morning. The document shows that he was indeed born in Calgary, Canada, to an American-citizen mother and a Cuban father on Dec. 22, 1970

news.msn.com...

Hope that clarifies things a bit further.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
Something about if an armed robber walks out of a liquer store it's OK for a drone to take him out....not trial..no jury..no nothing.

His statement was that if there was a situation in which police were ingaged in a fire fight with a bad guy that he would be ok with the police using a drone to take him out. The thing to remember is that if there is a fire fight, the police are authorized to use deadly force.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrBigDave

Something about if an armed robber walks out of a liquer store it's OK for a drone to take him out....not trial..no jury..no nothing.

His statement was that if there was a situation in which police were ingaged in a fire fight with a bad guy that he would be ok with the police using a drone to take him out. The thing to remember is that if there is a fire fight, the police are authorized to use deadly force.

(A) I don't care...Drones are Extra-Judicial...NOT US Soil...outside US Jurisdiction...we don't have FBI, SWAT or a Police Force in Yemen, nor US laws...there are no mechanisms for Justice...We have a Justice system here in the USA and Flying Robot Killing Machines are not part of it!

(B) What he said was this...

“I have never argued against any technology being used against having an imminent threat, [or] an act of crime going on, If someone comes out of a liquor store with a weapon and 50 dollars in cash I don’t care if a drone kills him or a policeman kills him.”

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

reply to post by MDDoxs

Actually his father was Cuban and became Canadian citizen at the time of his Cruzs birth. He became a US citizen in 2005. Not that it matters as long as you have one parent as a citizen your are one as well. Cruzs only problem is because his father was a Canadian citizen and he was born in Canada he also is a Canadian citizen. That is why he has renounced his Canadian citzenship now.

Cruz doesn't have a problem ...he's conservative and white..why do folks dance around the truth so much?
edit on 22-8-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

My bottom line on Rand, political leanings aside, is that RON Paul is a Libertarian, RAND Paul is a poser, his opinions and stances and even his delivery speaks of someone trying hard to capitalize on the base his father built and plays to the people.

Whatever you can say about RON Paul...he always speaks his truth and isn't looking for applause...Rand seems the opposite.

Just my sentiment...a factual listing of issues would be long.

On drones...yes he grand-standed on US Soil Strikes despite that having never happened and prohibited by law...but he also opined it was perfectly acceptable to have flying drones "take-out" suspected criminals on US Soil...Something about if an armed robber walks out of a liquer store it's OK for a drone to take him out....not trial..no jury..no nothing.

^^^THIS!!!!!

Ron Paul wouldn't even throw his support behind Rand in a Presidential election. Well, not without coming across as a complete hypocrite.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrBigDave

(A) I don't care...Drones are Extra-Judicial...NOT US Soil...outside US Jurisdiction...we don't have FBI, SWAT or a Police Force in Yemen, nor US laws...there are no mechanisms for Justice...We have a Justice system here in the USA and Flying Robot Killing Machines are not part of it!

(B) What he said was this...

“I have never argued against any technology being used against having an imminent threat, [or] an act of crime going on, If someone comes out of a liquor store with a weapon and 50 dollars in cash I don’t care if a drone kills him or a policeman kills him.”

"Deny Ignorance"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join