It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PVT Manning is now Chelsea

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Posters moaning that this is about surgery at tax payers expense, don't give me that bs.

I'll say it again ... .no tax payer money should have to pay for this guy to have hormone therapy or sex reassignment surgery. It's ELECTIVE. He is a he. He needs to deal with the fact that, when he committed treason, he gave up the right to live his life as he wants ... including getting his penis chopped off and hormones injected.

From what I understand, prisoners only get the most basic minimal health care. People die all of the time in prison from cancers or other diseases due to poor health care. They do not get the best. So I cannot see how the tax payers are going to pay for something elective such as gender re-assignment and hormone injections. I have never heard of someone in prison being allowed to take on gender re-assignment at their request.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

im not talking about local stuff. The local stuff I am in the middle of.

Not really even state level. At least not yet.

But on the federal level. The folks who are stepping on my toes. And those candidates are selected, not elected.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by MindBodySpiritComplex
reply to post by Stormdancer777

SHE, why can't you effing respect her wish! Take a clue from this article, that actually does:

Written statement to NBC's Today programme says she wishes to begin hormone therapy as soon as possible

We are a bit uptight aren't we? Bradley Manning is currently physically a 'he'. If 'he' wishes to be known as 'she' then all respect to 'him', but that is the choice of the person addressing 'him'. Good luck to him though and when through medical treatment he becomes a she then fine, she will be a she.

Actually a data stealing, attention stealing idiot and it doesn't really matter what gender you are for that kind of title.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by dfens

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by dfens

The attempt to marginalize Manning

I guess we cannot blame the military for this one if he had gender issues since he was 13.

I have actually witnessed a kid go through these kind of feelings. It was a major crisis for him and she actually feels better as a person and more whole now. According to her. It is different, I guess. A better way to put it is that people just are.

But, how about the 'leakers' who most likely SOLD this info for MONEY to the media? Are they as bad or worse than Manning for breach of security, or is she simply a tabloid event to entertain and/or marginalize?

I hope someone can clarify whether or not this is accessible public information. I thought this was a closed military court.

ROFL, you do realise how ironic that post is? Given what that person has done then why should they consider any part of their life to be sensitive and not for pushing into the public domain?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution9
This person did not put themselves in prison. So you can not blame them for using up tax dollars.

Oh yes he did put himself in prison. When he joined the US Military he took an oath. He broke that oath and supplied classified information about our national security to foreign powers. He put himself in prison. His choice.

And yes, I do blame him for using up tax dollars. He broke the law. He put himself in prison. My tax money shouldn't support ELECTIVE surgery and ELECTIVE treatments so this man can pretend to be a woman. If he wants to do that, he can spend his own money, either while in prison or when he gets out.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Revolution9
This person did not put themselves in prison. So you can not blame them for using up tax dollars.

Oh yes he did put himself in prison. When he joined the US Military he took an oath. He broke that oath and supplied classified information about our national security to foreign powers. He put himself in prison. His choice.

And yes, I do blame him for using up tax dollars. He broke the law. He put himself in prison. My tax money shouldn't support ELECTIVE surgery and ELECTIVE treatments so this man can pretend to be a woman. If he wants to do that, he can spend his own money, either while in prison or when he gets out.

Thank God all those Nazi's kept their oath when entering the military.

Regardless, my tax money shouldn't support circling people in a warship and shooting at them like I was playing a real life version of Mercenaries. But it does. I guess we all have our own opinions on how our tax dollars should be spent.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Regardless, my tax money shouldn't support circling people in a warship and shooting at them like I was playing a real life version of Mercenaries. But it does. I guess we all have our own opinions on how our tax dollars should be spent.

That about says it all, an Exposé like the Baghdad video, shows that the MO was seriously flawed, or that those in command didn't care that much when the remote command to fire was given, and the rocket attack on a building that disappeared people on the street as they walked by, never mind who was in the building, never mind the continuation of the attack on a minibus which was trying to gather up obviously seriously wounded people. To my mind, that was a war crime, enacted in front of your eyes, albeit a video. But it was a video taken from a war zone started with a criteria that did not exist in the first place. Had it been an invasion because of the Kurds killed by chemical weapons, there could still not be any excuse for what happened, however that invasion never happened. Bottom line, people don't matter. But there is more, in the wake of Snowden we are now being asked/sorry told, that none of this shiite would happen as long as we must agree to all these bullshiite agencies looking up our colons day in and day out.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
This is a huge #ing psyop. What the # is this #? I mean, really? Guys goes to prison, becomes a woman? What kind of sick joke is the military playing with us? Did they know about his sexual preferences and lured him into this mess? Would they "leak" the 2009-2010 logs in case he didn't come out publicly?

This is some really weird stuff. I mean, it might be just a huge coincidence - that this one-of-a-kind whistle blower is a transgender - but it might just not be! Why is the military so focused in sex right now? It's incredible. All of a sudden taboos are getting broken, daily. And it's almost unstoppable now. It's going to be a few interesting and bumpy years in the future.

I might be going a bit far on this "small" piece of news, but I think it's really unbelievable.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

The American soldiers aren't even close to being Nazis.
And PVT Manning put HIMself in jail.
Taxpayers shouldn't be paying for HIS optional hormone therapy.
If HE wants it ... HE can pay for it HIMself.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Strewth

Totally agree with you. Instead of focusing on the superficial elements like what sex he wants to be and what colour socks the man has on. Look at the facts he released. The war crimes he exposed. Talk about the fact that torture is against the Geneva Convention and why we have the Geneva Convention..
Really it matters not what his sexual orientation is..

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Taissa

It would set precedent for drug induced sterilization among other things.

Poor guy seems to have been extremely "programmed". All TPTB would have to do is release false information/statements ahead of time about Manning having gender identity issues to the press as "statements" he made, and then once the mental programming is complete, he'd verify the previous accounts. Brutal.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhySoBlinded
I must admit that this guy / girl / boy / trans / gay / and traitor got some impeccable timing .
The minute he get send of to a prision packed with horny mtfrs he comes out the closet,lolol

'

How about you remove your profile picture, you're disgracing Yoko and John.

Don't hate what you don't understand you disgracefull hippocrate.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
To those of you who would rather use your tax dollars for torture, Orvellian surveilance and killing civillians, don't worry:

Manning ready to pay for hormone therapy

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join