It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PVT Manning is now Chelsea

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by oneisone
reply to post by FlyersFan

I saw this just a few minutes ago & my first thought was, great now the tax payers have to fund his change.

It's also odd, to me, that his next day statement after being sentenced to 35 years is "I was to live as a woman". And with the comment about "look forward to receiving letters from supporters", seems he is enjoying his new found fame.

poor kid was tortured by our corrupt govt.. the whole world has now seen the hypocrite flushed out into the daylight.

Why would anyone do this to that little guy? Did he not expose WAR CRIMES?
who cares what info he released if he was divulging WAR CRIMES!!

IMHO, it appears he is being punished for being the messenger... the military brass we have today are the limp wristed, balmy, soft hand shakers mostly. Drove enough of them around to know what straight up wimps most flag officers today are.

I guess if you expose war crimes you are a criminal.. and since you exposed it, only you get punished. Not those whom carried out what you exposed..

Has a single soldier this war been executed for war crimes? will anyone?

I think every gitmo guard deserves it

link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

according to the article the fact surfaced repeatedly in court.

The issue of Manning's gender identity repeatedly surfaced in his court martial

I don't recall any of that.

link   
Just wow! How difficult can it be to respect Manning as a fellow human being? How many of you even bothered to read up on HER past before making vitriolic remarks and going for the cheap shots?

Here is a good start:

Who Is Bradley Manning?

Manning began questioning his sexuality at the age of 13 and came out quietly to a few friends in 2000. “He just didn’t feel it was necessary to tell his family,” explained one of his childhood friends.

Soon after he arrived in Iraq, Manning began to grow troubled by his gender identity. He later wrote that the stress of deployment led him to question whether he truly identified as a man, and he reached out to a gender counselor online in November 2009.

Manning later revealed that he had dressed up as a woman during his trip home, with a “wig, breastforms, dress, the works.”

Manning emailed a letter to an Army superior confessing his gender identity disorder and sent a photo of himself dressed as a woman to one of his commanding officers.

This is my problem. I’ve had signs of it for a very long time. I’ve been trying very, very hard to get rid of it. It is not going away. It is haunting me more and more as I get older. Now the consequences are getting harder. I am not sure what to do with it. It’s destroying my ties with family. It is preventing me from developing as a person. It’s the cause of my pain and confusion. It makes the most basic things in my life very difficult. The fear of getting caught has made me cover up. It is difficult to sleep and impossible to have conversations. It makes my entire life feel like a bad dream that won’t end. I don’t know what to do. I don’t know what to do. I don’t know what will happen to me. But at this point I feel like I am not here anymore. Everyone is concerned about me, and everyone is afraid of me. I am sorry.

Signed, Bradley Manning.

Manning wrote that he was establishing a digital presence for “Breanna Manning,” the name he planned to assume after transitioning.

Manning, who planned to transition from male to female, worried about being caught and there being photos of him “as a boy” in the media.

Seriously, show Chelsea Manning some respect. She showed on multiple occasions that she has a bigger pair than most of you can ever hope to grow...
edit on 22-8-2013 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-8-2013 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MindBodySpiritComplex

This is the first I heard of it.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by dfens

The attempt to marginalize Manning

I guess we cannot blame the military for this one if he had gender issues since he was 13.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

SHE, why can't you effing respect her wish! Take a clue from this article, that actually does:

Written statement to NBC's Today programme says she wishes to begin hormone therapy as soon as possible

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by MindBodySpiritComplex
reply to post by Stormdancer777

SHE, why can't you effing respect her wish! Take a clue from this article, that actually does:

Written statement to NBC's Today programme says she wishes to begin hormone therapy as soon as possible

Mindbodyspirit, calm down, I don't have a problem calling him she.

It was an accident. lol

I mean her a she.

edit on 093131p://bThursday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by dfens

The attempt to marginalize Manning

I guess we cannot blame the military for this one if he had gender issues since he was 13.

I have actually witnessed a kid go through these kind of feelings. It was a major crisis for him and she actually feels better as a person and more whole now. According to her. It is different, I guess. A better way to put it is that people just are.

But, how about the 'leakers' who most likely SOLD this info for MONEY to the media? Are they as bad or worse than Manning for breach of security, or is she simply a tabloid event to entertain and/or marginalize?

I hope someone can clarify whether or not this is accessible public information. I thought this was a closed military court.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Omg.. This is tragic. Now media has a reason to poke fun of him.

Factual proof that real life is better any film.

You couldn't write this stuff.
edit on 22-8-2013 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by dfens

But, how about the 'leakers' who most likely SOLD this info for MONEY to the media?

They said it had been continually brought up during the hearing.

WHY would Manning want it kept secret?

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
Omg.. This is tragic. Now media has a reason to poke fun of him.

Factual proof that real life is better any film.

You couldn't write this stuff.
edit on 22-8-2013 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

I doubt the media will make fun of him.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MindBodySpiritComplex

wow,, after being in the mil, the scapegoat instinct just became a WHOLE lot more possible.

After witnessing first hand the wokf pack bulliyng that happened to a gay cook in the chow hall. I can definitely imagine a scenario.

What if he was a scapegoat because one was needed, and because of his "issues", he was the short straw.

this thing smells of something.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
If Manning were a fan of M*A*S*H then he would know that this angle doesn't work.

Seriously though, who cares? Manning risked his life to tell the truth. What better way to assassinate his character and bury the real story. OMG he's a gay woman now!

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
'I am Chelsea': Read Manning's full statement

This is Manning's statement, obviously this was what he wanted to share.

Subject: The Next Stage of My Life

I want to thank everybody who has supported me over the last three years. Throughout this long ordeal, your letters of support and encouragement have helped keep me strong. I am forever indebted to those who wrote to me, made a donation to my defense fund, or came to watch a portion of the trial. I would especially like to thank Courage to Resist and the Bradley Manning Support Network for their tireless efforts in raising awareness for my case and providing for my legal representation.

As I transition into this next phase of my life, I want everyone to know the real me. I am Chelsea Manning. I am a female. Given the way that I feel, and have felt since childhood, I want to begin hormone therapy as soon as possible. I hope that you will support me in this transition. I also request that, starting today, you refer to me by my new name and use the feminine pronoun (except in official mail to the confinement facility). I look forward to receiving letters from supporters and having the opportunity to write back.
www.today.com...
Thank you,

edit on 093131p://bThursday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I must admit that this guy / girl / boy / trans / gay / and traitor got some impeccable timing .
The minute he get send of to a prision packed with horny mtfrs he comes out the closet,lolol

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
AHHHH! So THIS explains why he couldn't keep a secret.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

lmaooo

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I've heard many rumors that Manning has gender idenity issues. I think it is no secret since he was arrested that he is not a straight male.

This could be the reason s/he did what s/he did. I imagine Manning was not popular amongst the other soldiers and that was a big motive in the leak.

That said given that Manning wasn't popular with the other soldiers and likely hated by some s/he could have been an easy scapegoat.lP
edit on 22-8-2013 by jrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by WhySoBlinded

Are you for real?

In your avatar: "Don't hate what you don't understand!"

In your signature: "All ideologies are idiotic whether religious or political for it is conceptual thinking the conceptual word which has so unfortunately divided man. "

I must admit that this guy / girl / boy / trans / gay / and traitor got some impeccable timing . The minute he get send of to a prision packed with horny mtfrs he comes out the closet,lolol

Did you read this post?

The timing? You don't think that maybe his lawyer advised him to wait until after his sentence? Coombs, the same lawyer that yesterday for the first time since 2010 has taken questions from the press, according to the Bradley Manning support network?

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

OH MY GOD,
no you didn't
lololol

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join