It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PVT Manning is now Chelsea

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Reuters - Manning says is female, wants to live as a woman

This is just coming out in the news this morning. Not much else ... I'll look around.
Manning got 35 years and now he says he is really a female and his name is Chelsea.
And he also says he expects a full pardon from Obama. (that was on TV news).

I don't know if this means a sex change or if he's just going the transgender root.
I don't know if this is a bid to get a lighter prison term .. be with the girls and not the guys ...
(that was put forth by someone ... that's not my idea).

Anyways ... PVT Manning is now Chelsea Manning.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Today.Com - Manning "I want to live as a woman"

“I am Chelsea Manning. I am female,” the Army private wrote in a statement read on TODAY Thursday. “Given the way that I feel, and have felt since childhood, I want to begin hormone therapy as soon as possible. I hope that you will support me in this transition.” ...

“I also request that, starting today, you refer to me by my new name and use the feminine pronoun (except in official mail to the confinement facility),” he continued in the statement. “I look forward to receiving letters from supporters and having the opportunity to write back.”

Manning signed the letter “Chelsea E. Manning.”

Okay ... it says he wants hormone therapy and if Fort Leavenworth doesn't provide it for him, then he'll force them to. (I guess that means he'll take them to court so all the US taxpayers will pay for his hormone therapy).

edit on 8/22/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I saw this just a few minutes ago & my first thought was, great now the tax payers have to fund his change.

It's also odd, to me, that his next day statement after being sentenced to 35 years is "I was to live as a woman". And with the comment about "look forward to receiving letters from supporters", seems he is enjoying his new found fame.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I think the cocktail they gave him went sour.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko

Ain't that so!

My goodness me. What the hell did they give this guys in his porridge?

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

His attorney pounded that BS into his head to try and get him a lighter sentence or to get him into an institution

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astr0

Ain't that so!

My goodness me. What the hell did they give this guys in his porridge?

Eh really?

lmao, first time I laid eyes on the guy I thought "He's one ugly sheila!"

Oo crazier things have happened in crazier times..

I dunno if legit but if legit, oO

edit on 22-8-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

+23 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Whether s/he wants to be called Chelsea, Breanna or Bradley does not detract from the FACT that elements within the US Military mowed down humans like it was an X-Box game, that the US government lied to the WORLD about the extent of civilian casualties in Iraq and Afghanistan, lied about what was going on in Guantanamo and showed the US's true colours regarding private stances of allied nations which differed from public comments about them

What Bradley Manning Leaked

Remember this..........

The most important video showed an U.S. Army Apache helicopter in Iraq firing on a group of people who turned out to include journalists from Reuters. The video was edited by WikiLeaks and called “Collateral Murder.” In Pfc. Manning’s trial, the defense and prosecution have offered different theories of when the video was sent to WikiLeaks. Pfc. Manning’s lawyers have said the material in the video had been previously released to the public; prosecutors said that militants could learn about American military tactics by watching the video.

Now, the government have stepped their game up BIG TIME to distract the public and showcase Manning as a mental case, focusing in on his gender identity issues hoping we will forget why he is there in the first place.

Propaganda...........hide your scum.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Wanting to become a woman while serving a prison sentence should go well for him.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I wonder if he'l get a complimentary piece of soap! lol.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
He's going to be in prison for a long time. I have a feeling he'll be treated very much like a woman... especially by his 6'5 300 pound cellmate named "The Poker"

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

reply to post by Swills

I wonder if he'l get a complimentary piece of soap! lol.

Yes let's all have a laugh about the conditions in American Prisons at Bradley/Chelsea Mannings expense. Lets laugh at the rates of rape and sexual victimisation in American prisons.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Laugh or not, it's the reality of the situation.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I would like to see this confession somewhere...live...from his/her own mouth...

Somehow I became too much of a skeptic these days...

It's funny how these whistleblowers always have some dark deep secret about them, that can be used against them in the time of need.

Maybe this is some kind of a stunt from him...can he gain anything from this?

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Yeah, lets all talk about how hes cross gender, laugh and point, make jokes about him getting bumed in the showers

Now lets forget the great work he did by showing the atrocious acts America done to their allies, citizens and everybody else who 'trusted' them.

This will get aired more than the actual documents the he leaked. What a joke.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Strewth

Agreed, who cares what he/she/it wants to be called.

This is the SOP for TPTB: character assassination.

Its a distraction technique for the masses.

We've known for decades that our government is involved in heinous crimes worldwide. One can only imagine the things which haven't been revealed.

Just look at this stuff, everything from child trafficking to the FBI training foreigners to torture... WTF?

So, what exactly did Bradly Manning "reveal"?

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

This is the SOP for TPTB: character assassination. Its a distraction technique for the masses.

that's why I would like to hear it from him directly, not some "statement"...from God knows who...

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

The statement was released through his attorney, David Coombs. Mr. Coombs also stated he hopes the President will pardon his client.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Hahahahaha

Is this the creampuff version of being a hero?

Maybe his fantasy all along was being in a prison full of males and pretending to be female.
It all makes sense now.

Declaring Obama will pardon him is just to guarantee he won't get pardoned and yanked from his ultimate fantasy of parading around a prison full of sex starved males as a female.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I can agree on a couple points there.

The attempt to marginalize Manning with crazy statements like this puts a sort of chink in the armor of his validity. Taking away his actions from a self righteous point of view and basically labeling him a nutjob, stealing his thunder, puts into question whether his intel dump is even real. At least according to the spin wash we are going to hear.

One thing that I THOUGHT, was that these military tribunals were not supposed to be open to public scrutiny. I used to be pretty sure that these type of cases were, at least somewhat, closed affairs, not especially suited for public consumption. I guess its all changed with the photo op and one-liner presidents.

Some people ARE really different. I have a cousin who opted for transgender. He had many solid convictions to support his decision. I'm sure it is a pretty difficult path to choose.

I want to think smear campaign, but on the flipside, if he actually is going through with that, maybe it's because he wants to? He might just have a fabulous 35 years and be treated better as a woman in the federal pen?

What I don't get, its why is this publicized? I mean it is interesting on a slow news day, because it's extremely over the top. But is there more of an agenda.

To the taxpayers who think this is too outrageous, try to think of the costs to the public of incarcerating anybody. Problem is, public will pay 0.03+% tax on something to pay to a private corporation in order to keep these folks locked up. It gets paid for whether you like it or not.

I still don't get why this is public knowledge.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join