It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Sinkhole swallows up trees in less than a minute. Louisiana (VIDEO)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 59demon
What exactly was that large yellow floating tube/hose?

That video was pretty awesome. It seems like sink holes are becoming commonplace these days. I don't remember hearing that much about them when I was growing up 25 years ago.

Might have been that line in the sand.. or a marker from the last event to
record the advance of the sink.
Off topic, I Don't Care...
And the '62 NASCAR 0-9 will fit -- a 55 year old, twelve second Camino LMAO.
BelAirs beware. Even if the numbers won't match I love it.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit

Originally posted by UnifiedSerenity
reply to post by Philippines

The water is very dirty and dangerous with the debris and suction. I doubt you would get any qualified diver to attempt it. I am both PADI and IDEA certified and there is NO way I would go down there!

Feh.. I'm a NAUI diver, I'll do it.

As far as sinkholes go, if you look at a cross-section of the earths surface, these "giant sinkholes" are tiny miniature pits in the dirt. They are pretty much next to nothing to the planet. Even the largest ones are pretty insignificant in the grand scale of our planet. So it seems huge to us, it's tiny caverns collapsing under weight of stuff above it to our planet.

You go for it sparky!

Man Killed in Sinkhole Diving Tragedy -

Near Mt Gambier A Victorian man aged 52 has died in a tragic diving accident in South Australia on Saturday afternoon. It is understood that two friends were diving at a sinkhole at Mt Schank near Mt Gambier.

The site is known as Killsby's sinkhole. The accident occurred at about midday on Saturday when the 52 year old man became trapped in cable and was unable to get free. His friend tried in vain to get the man loose from the cable. He then had to make a decision to escape himself as he was running out of oxygen. The body of the victim was recovered from the site on Sunday.

The sinkhole is said to be in about 37 metres of water.
link

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
That sink hole is all the salt mines collapsing.I don't think they know for sure how big it really is.I read they beleive it is almost done sinking but they have said that before.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I see you're in Ireland. I'm here in Louisiana. I have relatives in the area. It's really not that big a deal. It is a collapsed salt mine. Nothing toxic, and will only grow to the size of the mine. The whole area for miles in every direction is swamp and bayous which is under water already. It will suck up a few trees, settle and life goes on. Someone will probably make a # load of cash raising those cypress tress and selling the wood years from now.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Underground rivers are changing courses all over the world.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Underground rivers are changing courses all over the world.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join