It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Ison and "signs in the sky".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
In some places the earth will shake very much. In many places the people will have no food to eat. And many people will be sick. There will be things to make people fear. There will be big signs in the sky.
-Luke 21:11

So earlier today, I was just updating myself on the internet buzz surrounding Comet Ison, being touted as "comet of the century" (reference) and I must say we might all have a spectacular show ahead of us.

I am usually careful around subjects involving comets and such and I am not making any predictions here. Instead this thread is just a casual discussion about comet son - which I'm told - is an unusually bright comet that is going to be visible all over the world. Could this turn out to be something? One of the signs in the sky that scriptures mention?

Also, if the comet is indeed as bright as some say it is, then it might be the "tailed star" which, in Islamic tradition, is a big sign mentioned in Islamic tradition (again, I am not sure about authenticity etc, so Muslims help me out here) Some examples are as follows :

"It is a star that rises from the East and illuminates for the people of the Earth like the illumination of a moon in a full-moon night."

"A star with a tail that illuminates all places will originate from the East, at three or seven-day intervals."

If Ison is indeed this tailed star, then according to some sources, it has appeared at key moments in history that Christians are familiar with...
- The great flood
- The throwing of Abraham into the fire
- The drowning of the Pharoah and his army
- The killing of John the Baptist.

Which leads me to ask : what great event might coincide with the appearance of Ison? Or would this be a damp squib like Elenin?

Either way, we can all look forward to some sky gazing, with a heightened sense of wonder!

God knows best!

edit on 22-8-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I dont know if ISON is heralding the apocalypse or anything but it will be a hell of a show.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
id say it's flight path which first goes around the sun and then cuts back to head off between earth and mars as they orbit is a perfect interstellar path for landing on either planet.

such impeccable timing to fit between them both on the move. luck of the draw? or some kind of intentional arrangement? it is interesting.
edit on 22-8-2013 by filledcup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
With all the preperations FEMA is making just before the comet heads this way is a slap in the face that something might actually happen this time. Something wicked this way comes. Ima start preppin some basic survival stuff and food for the very first time. I dunno something tells me this might be the S that is HTF finally.....

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
God come like a thieve..no one will know when human ectinct.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

If Ison is indeed this tailed star, then according to some sources
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

What sources please?

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I have just one word for you.

EverybodysaidthesamethingsaboutELENIN.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The only thing I've been given in relation to ISON is,

Is beware of Isis when the comet is bright in the sky.

I received that thought in automatic writing a few months ago. I posted about it in a round about some months back, I have no idea where and it's not important enough to cause me to go looking for it.

At the time I didn't really know what Isis referred to, except maybe the comet itself. Now after the Egypt stuff...I know what was meant by Isis. I do believe many people of religious faith will see the comet as having religious signifigance.

Peace,
Cirque

new topics

top topics

join