It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DeKalb County, Georgia school shooting suspect tells officers "sorry, I'm off my meds".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Georgia school shooting suspect: ‘Sorry, I’m off my meds’.

Police say the suspect who was arrested for the shooting at an Atlanta-area school on Tuesday told them he was off his medications.

Investigator T.L. Wortham with the DeKalb County Sheriff's Fugitive Unit said to WSB-TV that the 20-year-old suspect, Michael Brandon Hill, said during his arrest: “I’m sorry, I’m off my meds.”

POW!!!

This is what many in the freedom movement and alternative media have been saying, that psychotropic medications are often responsible for heinous acts of violence.

But we cant implicate the multi-billion dollar pharma industry and their plan to zombie-ize the American people, no no no.

We have to blame guns!

IMHO, this information needs to go viral.

*edit, at this point they havent stated which kinds of meds but its well known that the side effects of prescription drugs are dangerous.

edit on 22-8-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I'm also of the opinion that psychotropic drugs are bad news,especially in cases where it gets prescribed from childhood-and so very often-completely unnecessarily.

BUT one also has to keep in mind that this can by abused by certain crafty individuals as a "The Devil made me Do It" excuse-not saying its the case with this guy,speaking in general here.

Btw if you Know going off your meds may make you have a psychotic episode,do things you normally never would have-hellooooo! Stay on your meds then,idiot,if you are one of those people for whom it is actually essential to be on psychotropic drugs! Not rocket science.

edit on 22-8-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
It's because they hand them out like candy, they don't want to have to take time to do therapy, they rather just toss some new pills at you and hope that keeps you zombified. Horrid how the majority of them you can't just quit, dire consequences if you attempt it. Even had heard some of them are harder to kick then heroin.

I am not surprised at all this guy was on meds, they would love for everyone to be on something. Oh you had an actual human emotion? I'm sure we got a pill for that.
edit on 22-8-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Anyone else suspicious that this comment might have been leaked intentionally to aid a push on widespread use of pharmaceuticals for any and all reasons?

There always seems to be an angle, or an agenda, connected to these awful school shooting incidents.

As others before me have said - in a society where guns are everywhere, and we are taught to fear our neighbours, why are there so few schools with armed guards/ 'marshall' teachers, etc?

I'm British, so can't comment in too much depth - but I would be lobbying for said measures in my kids' school if I lived in the US.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Benzodiazepines (Xanax, Valium, Klonopin, Ativan, etc) have very serious withdrawls. The physical dependency that develops from their continued use stops the brain from naturally producing it's own GABA. When a person has a serious physical dependency, and they stop using these abruptly, they can die from the lack of GABA.

Going back to the OP, it doesn't surprise me that someone says this, but the overall irony is that they were off their meds, so it's hard to say that this happened because the individual was on psychotropic drugs.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

We've disagreed before,but on this topic-i agree with you one hundred percent-folks who Really have brain chemistry totally out of whack+may need a specific chemical to set/keep it working properly, are really Not as common as they would have us believe-every human emotion is being turning into some or other personality/psychological disorder/syndrome these days.Makes one wonder how we got this far as a species-with so many billions of looneytunes running around since caveman days,eh?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I was called ignorant and an idiot the other day for arguing that these meds plays more of a roll in many of these cases than guns/gun culture. The person was obviously extreme left wing and anti gun, but I was shocked by how rude she was while I was polite and trying to supply info.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

I didn't think of that. I dont think there is anything more to this, but if yiu are one of those people that really needs a conspiracy angle you could note that in a time where people are calling out ssris and psychotropic drugs in relation to these events we get a very dramatic one where its noted that the he was off his meds and so implies it may not have happened had he been on them. Of course you can easily dismiss and argue anyone saying it happened because he wasn't on them by pointing out that stopping those types of drugs can create violent and suicidal tendwncies the same way starting those types of meds can. They are just bad news all around.

top topics

join