It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Third Of Louisiana Republicans Blame Obama For Hurricane Katrina Response Under Bush

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Well now this is certainly interesting dontcha think ?

Number: H.R. 2206 (U.S. Troop Readiness, Veterans' Care, Katrina Recovery, and Iraq Accountability Appropriations Act, 2007 ) Measure Title: Making emergency supplemental appropriations and additional supplemental appropriations for agricultural and other emergency assistance for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2007, and for other purposes.

www.senate.gov...

Turns out ole Obama is guilty as charged.

Obama (D-IL), Nay

edit on 22-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Last time I checked, it was the Executive Branch that ran FEMA and other federal agencies, and fiddled around while a class-4 hurricane was on a collision course with LA, MISS. and ALA., and waited until after the hurricane hit to start doing things -- which is the MIRROR IMAGE of what Obama did about Hurricane Sandy: he started moving federal assets before the hurricane hit the north east.

And your pointing to some appropriations bill in 2007, which Obama voted against, as evidence that he was responsible for the federal response after -- as in immediately and in the intermediate term -- Hurricane Katriana, which happened in Sept. 2005??? Moreover, did the bill pass or not? If it did, then Obama is still not to blame for anything regarding Katrina. In addition, if you'll notice, that bill is also about the "emergency" funding of the Iraq war, which the Bush II regime refused to ever put into the regular Pentagon budget. I wouldn't want anyone passing that bill, nor would I want anyone tying Katrina relief to the illegal Iraq war budget. And last time I checked, however, Bush kept on getting his illegal war funded, so that bill passed and indeed Obama had no affect in minimizing relief for Katrina victims while being a US senator.

So I've yet to hear you are anyone else make a sound defense of the good Republicans and conservatives of Louisiana with regard to their understanding of events that directly affected them in a big way, and who was responsible for the post-Katrina response of the federal government.

I will double down and say that most Democrats as well as independents and possibly even some Republicans will remember in eight years who was responsible for the post-Sandy relief efforts -- and be a lot more thankful for them too.
edit on 22-8-2013 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join