It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Acroblast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Whoa...

Ok, this game is awesome... Very very entertaining. Does anybody remember the old game called Acrophobia? It was around back in 98' and 99'. It was a part of the whole Berkeley Systems company along with "You Don't Know Jack". Well, I was severely addicted to Acrophobia, but then it got completely dismantled and went away. Now it's back and is called Acroblast. You can find it at carboncopygames.com...

It's all about acronyms. Up to 14 players can compete per room. The objective is to create the most funniest, witty and creative acronyms you can with the letters that you are given. Then everybody votes for the one they like the best. Each vote is worth 1 point and the winning acro is awarded 5 bonus points. The fastest acro submitted that receives at least 1 vote is awarded 2 bonus points. The winner for each round gets to choose the category for the next round. Once a player reaches 30 points, they enter the face-off round with the 2nd place player. There are 3 quick face-off rounds, and the other players vote. The player with the most votes at the end wins the game. There is also a chat box at the bottom so players are able to chat with each other throughout the game. It's super quick to get started. No download.

I hope more and more people will start finding out about this game. Way more fun with a lot of people playing. Anyway, hope to see you in the Acroblast Arena...

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

Yeah I remember both of those games, Acrophobia us to get really inventive hehe.

You don't know Jack, I think an aunt of mine introduced me too that, it was enjoyable too.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

The other two games by Berkeley Systems that I really liked were "Get The Picture" where you were given an image and had to create a funny caption to go along with it, and "Cosmic Consensus" where you had to answer multiple choice questions based on how you think other people would answer them.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

Do I have to think?!? Isn't that what the ATS game is for, to make me think?

I prefer this game called Yahtzee. You roll dice and hope. Some strategy / thinking but it's minimal.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by gotya

Yeah you have to think a little bit but you can get very creative with your acronyms. It's a cool feeling when you enter an acro that you know is a very good one, and then gets the majority of votes and wins. Some of the acronyms are downright crack-me-up funny. There's also 3 Adult Rooms so you can be as raunchy as you want...

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

Cool I'll check it out, sounds fun.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by gotya

Awesome! I'm actually there right now. My nic name is Nexler.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
We definitely need more players though. It starts to die down as it gets later in the night.

posted on Jul, 11 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
If anybody is interested in this game... (which is a very cool game by the way) I'll be in the "Solar Sauna" Room...

Hope to see you guys there!

top topics

join