It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody else thought that Scientology was the belief of Science at some point?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I thought it was as well when I was younger. I actually remember thinking it was good thing that there was a religion based on factual info.

You can imagine my disappointment when I found out it was nothing more than a crazy cult that makes the origins of Mormonism look reasonable.
edit on 8/22/13 by 404ed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
reply to post by gotya

The Jedi Church is still pretty clean.

JEDI Church

Cool!

ETA

I just checked their store page.

Unfortunately, they didn't have the Droids I was looking for.

edit on 22-8-2013 by BritofTexas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Blister

Maybe the best way to see Scientology is to find out for yourself.

The last place to learn about cults is by joining them.

Scientology is a NWO front group.

Just like ALL other cults, it is a powerful form of mind control used by the ruling class to manipulate and enslave the masses.

In the entire history of man, no one has ever been brainwashed and realized, or believed, that he had been brainwashed. Those who have been brainwashed will usually passionately defend their manipulators, claiming they have simply been "shown the light" . . . or have been transformed in miraculous ways. The Battle for Your Mind:
Brainwashing Techniques Being Used On The Public

Dianetics and Scientology are propagating the mental, spiritual, religious and political ideas of the New World Order people.

L. Ron Hubbard had deep personal relationships with New World Order people starting at the age of 12 and then in the years of his life after that. Some of those people were into Brothers of Light religion, some were New World Order agents operating in the field of mental health. This is not guesswork on my part, these are documented facts. Those people were mentors to L. Ron Hubbard, teaching him their ideas about the mind and religion. But they were more than that, they were his recruiters and handlers, and they groomed him to be their front man for their subjects of Dianetics and Scientology.

Scientology is a New World Order front group and Hubbard was their initial front man. They groomed L. Ron Hubbard to act as their front man for propagating their subjects onto the population. Ron Hubbard’s association with New World Order people goes well beyond this short little synopsis I have just laid out. The full details of Ron Hubbard’s connections to New World Order people will be laid out in a separate chapter of this book.

Like every agent does, Ron Hubbard then hides his connection to his New World Order handlers by pretending that he alone made the mental discoveries and that he alone developed the therapy found in Dianetics.

Scientology Roots

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Blister

So, do the teachings of Scientology resemble any of this?

This next one was interesting, his remarks sounded almost identical to yours about checking out the church...

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas

Originally posted by Thorneblood
reply to post by gotya

The Jedi Church is still pretty clean.

JEDI Church

Cool!

ETA

I just checked their store page.

Unfortunately, they didn't have the Droids I was looking for.

edit on 22-8-2013 by BritofTexas because: (no reason given)

More importantly do they give you a light saber or do you have to make your own?

I do like there website and there dogma here is what they believe:

Jedi Believe

In the Force, and in the inherent worth of all life within it.
In the sanctity of the human person. We oppose the use of torture and cruel or unusual punishment, including the death penalty.
In a society governed by laws grounded in reason and compassion, not in fear or prejudice.
In a society that does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or circumstances of birth such as gender, ethnicity and national origin.
In the ethic of reciprocity, and how moral concepts are not absolute but vary by culture, religion, and over time.
In the positive influence of spiritual growth and awareness on society.
In the importance of freedom of conscience and self-determination within religious, political and other structures.
In the separation of religion and government and the freedoms of speech, association, and expression.

So im going to help there recruiting here go sign up become a jedi and can get a Jedi robe for 14.95 really not bad since you can use it at Halloween also!

www.jedichurch.org...

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

When you mentioned south park it reminded me of there attack on south park have a look its hilarious.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Blister

An interesting fact is that Scientology not only accepts other religions, but to some extent embraces other faiths. Religion statistics website www.adherents.com... has this to say about Scientology viz-a-vis other faiths:

Membership in the Church of Scientology does not necessarily preclude membership in another religious organization. A percentage of the claimed members will indeed affirm membership in the organization, while at the same time citing another religion as their primary religious preference.

www.adherents.com...

Yeah, they accept people of any and all faiths, but once you're in you find out that L Ron claimed to be the reincarnation of Buddha, that Jesus is an alien fabricated engram (painful memory physically held in a mental place), the moon is a theta (soul) trap, and that everyone is "possessed" by mentally ill aliens thetans.

Also, to be a Scientologist, one MUST believe in reincarnation.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention scientology's "Fair Game" practice and their justification of lying to promote their cause of "the better good for the highest number of people."

edit on 23-8-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

I saw that as well, and considering that the Church of Scientology is so intent of having wealthy, famous camera hogs as members, maybe it isn't so shocking to see that they resort to such tactics, Hollywood is very similar in how it takes the mighty down.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by gotya

Honestly if I lined all the religious nut jobs up in a row could you pick one from the other?

Lol. That's a nice one, but nut jobs exist in all fields, that you come across.
Be it science, technology, religion, philosophy etc to name a few

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angelic Resurrection

Originally posted by gotya

Honestly if I lined all the religious nut jobs up in a row could you pick one from the other?

Lol. That's a nice one, but nut jobs exist in all fields, that you come across.
Be it science, technology, religion, philosophy etc to name a few

And unfortunately in all fields they are dangerous to themselves and others.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blister
reply to post by gotya

I really would suggest you find out more about Scientology, for yourself, if you haven't done so already.

I've tried to, but the ancient alien souls dropped in the volcano millions of years ago just wont let me.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

reply to post by gotya

I really would suggest you find out more about Scientology, for yourself, if you haven't done so already.

I've tried to, but the ancient alien souls dropped in the volcano millions of years ago just wont let me.

You know what cracks me up the most it was done for overcrowding. So instead of colonizing another planet they bring people to another planet to set off nukes and make the planet uninhabitable that they transferred people to. This has to be the dumbest race in the galaxy i can only hope if aliens ever invade earth its these guys a couple of chimps in lab coats could out smart them.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

reply to post by gotya

You know what cracks me up the most it was done for overcrowding. So instead of colonizing another planet they bring people to another planet to set off nukes and make the planet uninhabitable that they transferred people to. This has to be the dumbest race in the galaxy i can only hope if aliens ever invade earth its these guys a couple of chimps in lab coats could out smart them.

They have to be stupid since their spaceships look like 747's, which makes no sense in space.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I once came across a "Church of Jesus Christ, Scientist". Didn't know our Saviour was one. I guess it explains how he was able to turn water into wine and walk on water.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I think Scientology "sounds" nice, but oh hell no! There are videos above, but here is a written excerpt of their core belief about Xenu....

Once upon a time (75 million years ago to be more precise) there was an alien galactic ruler named Xenu. Xenu was in charge of all the planets in this part of the galaxy including our own planet Earth, except in those days it was called Teegeeack.

Xenu the alien rulerNow Xenu had a problem. All of the 76 planets he controlled were overpopulated. Each planet had on average 178 billion people. He wanted to get rid of all the overpopulation so he had a plan.

Xenu took over complete control with the help of renegades to defeat the good people and the Loyal Officers. Then with the help of psychiatrists he called in billions of people for income tax inspections where they were instead given injections of alcohol and glycol mixed to paralyse them. Then they were put into space planes that looked exactly like DC8s (except they had rocket motors instead of propellers).
These DC8 space planes then flew to planet Earth where the paralysed people were stacked around the bases of volcanoes in their hundreds of billions. When they had finished stacking them around then H-bombs were lowered into the volcanoes. Xenu then detonated all the H-bombs at the same time and everyone was killed.

The story doesn't end there though. Since everyone has a soul (called a "thetan" in this story) then you have to trick souls into not coming back again. So while the hundreds of billions of souls were being blown around by the nuclear winds he had special electronic traps that caught all the souls in electronic beams (the electronic beams were sticky like fly-paper).

After he had captured all these souls he had them packed into boxes and taken to a few huge cinemas. There all the souls had to spend days watching special 3D motion pictures that told them what life should be like and many confusing things. In this film they were shown false pictures and told they were God, The Devil and Christ. In the story this process is called "implanting".

When the films ended and the souls left the cinema these souls started to stick together because since they had all seen the same film they thought they were the same people. They clustered in groups of a few thousand. Now because there were only a few living bodies left they stayed as clusters and inhabited these bodies.

As for Xenu, the Loyal Officers finally overthrew him and they locked him away in a mountain on one of the planets. He is kept in by a force-field powered by an eternal battery and Xenu is still alive today.

That is the end of the story. And so today everyone is full of these clusters of souls called "body thetans". And if we are to be a free soul then we have to remove all these "body thetans" and pay lots of money to do so. And the only reason people believe in God and Christ was because it was in the film their body thetans saw 75 million years ago.

Well what did you think of that story?

What? You thought it was a stupid story?

Well so do we. However, this story is the core belief in the religion known as Scientology.* If people knew about this story then most people would never get involved in it. This story is told to you when you reach one of their secret levels called OT III. After that you are supposed to telepathically communicate with these body thetans to make them go away. You have to pay a lot of money to get to this level and do this (or you have to work very hard for the organisation on extremely low pay for many years).

We are telling you this story as a warning. If you become involved with Scientology then we would like you to do so with your eyes open and fully aware of the sort of material it contains.

OT3 in Hubbard's handwriting Most of the Scientologists who work in their Dianetics* centres and so called "Churches" of Scientology do not know this story since they are not allowed to hear it until they reach the secret "upper" levels of Scientology. It may take them many years before they reach this level if they ever do. The ones who do know it are forced to keep it a secret and not tell it to those people who are joining Scientology.

CRAAAZZZY

Ron Hubbard even admitted that the main goal was to have money, money, money..and lots of power.

edit on 10-9-2013 by KristinLynnxo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join