It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I guess I am a racist and I don’t care anymore.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
That card has no more credit with me. I have friends of all colors and ideologies, but I guess that doesn’t matter anymore either.

It seems that as soon as I voice an opinion that goes against the grain of someone else, I am labeled a racist.

No trying to change my opinion through intelligent debate. No pointing out the holes in my beliefs. I’m just a racist.

So I guess the gauntlet has been thrown down. Do I pick it up and continue as before or do I just refuse to think for myself and buy into others mindsets?

Hell, I have to be me. I’m picking that gauntlet up.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Anyone who thinks outside the box, anyone who looks at content of character, anyone who is independent of thought, will probably be thought of as a racist.

Consider; 1) who is calling you racist 2) why they are calling you racist.

You'd probably find yourself in good company.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
You remind me of a couple a guys I used to work with. One was black, the other white. Each lunchtime we'd head for a bar to play on the football table. I didn't play but the other two spent their entire lunch break on that table.
When the game got them excited the white guy would call the other some racist names, and the black guy would call the other some racist names.
What I noticed was the reaction of the other peeps in the bar. When the white guy called the black guy names there was loud tutting, but when the black guy called the white guy names there was no response!

I didnt see any racism whatsoever, I just saw two guys enjoying each others company.

Not quite on topic but your rant reminded me of them.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

You're not a racist. You're a speciesist...you..you ..you dirty dog you! (checks over his bunny fur to make sure no nasty dog fleas jumped over) ewwww...ew ew ew!

Seriously Tdawg...I've never seen a post out of you I'd call even casually racist in a passing way. To be totally honest, you're so NON-racial? I honestly do not have any clue what race you are. Obviously not Canine, unless you've grown very skilled with your two front paws.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
People suck in general. Everyone has fears, ego's and self identity issues. You can't please your family, friends and co-workers at the same time let alone the internet.

You need to set a boundary for yourself. You are allowed to have your own opinion. You are allowed to deviate from that but don't lose your sense if identity. Your opinions are your own, the wealth of information you have gathered over your life are a valuable tool.

Don't throw that away because people are bullying you into thinking like they do.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Better to be hated for what you are than liked for what you're not.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
In the illegal immigration threads, all of us who are opposed to it are labeled as racist even when illegal isn't a race.

If you know you arn't racist, then don't worry about what others are saying and assuming. Or...put them in their place, set them strait and continue on.

Sometimes threads can become quite heated and passionate on a subject and a person gets frustrated, doesn't know exactly what to say so they throw in the race card thinking that will silence us or make us look bad. In reality they look bad because they assume things. Bah, don't let it get to you.
edit on 21-8-2013 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

yeah I hear you. I am married to a freaking mexican woman, go figure how racist I am.

I was called a racist today on ATS because I pointed out the relativity of race opinions in Europe and the US. I explained how it was basically the same thing and how its really just about human nature.

I nearly pissed my pants laughing. jajaja

here is my post from that thread.

simple answer to the question of your title ....not really related to your op...

The US is as racist as the rest of the world. IMO maybe less then other places like Europe or the Caribbean since our history made us bring our ignorance to the table and address it in some way.....

Dominicans for example HATE Haitians ......Europeans see south Americans and blacks as subhuman .....the US ?maybe we are guilty of our own issues with our neighbors but globally speaking, since we are making generalizations .....humans are racist. It is more about human nature then racism. We fear different people.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Then came the "I dont need to have reading comprehension to scold you liberal" and called me a racist for pointing out the blatant racism I LIVED through in Europe because of my dark skinned wife and being a culturally latino myself or else where in life.

LOL. The race card flew and that was that. I am a racist now FOR POINTING OUT racism and saying what I know about it.....go figure.

In the end I just dont care anymore myself. I am a minority where I am from just for having pale skin and light eyes. Do I even care when I am treated differently because of my skin? Hell no, I am not a retard. Do I care when other people feel slighted because they "THINK" I treated them differently because of their skin...NO, They may be retarded.

SO I agree with the OP, its better to not even give a damn about retards and retardedness.

Also whats with this recent concern (distraction) all of a sudden with race issues? You would think that amongst the "awaken" crowd at least that they could spot a time tested diversionary tactic when they see one.

S&F

I love you.

edit on 21-8-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Anyone who thinks outside the box, anyone who looks at content of character, anyone who is independent of thought, will probably be thought of as a racist.

Consider; 1) who is calling you racist 2) why they are calling you racist.

You'd probably find yourself in good company.

Oft times when I am called racist by someone I know, I remind them.

“Who recommended you for promotion or a higher position?”

“Who bailed your ass out of a desperate financial situation and visa-versa?”

“Who did the right thing, even though it was frowned upon and defended you?”

I choose my friends carefully and I consider my friends to be brothers and sisters and they know that I will not put up with any [Snip] from them either, though they have occasionally crossed the line.

But I do consider myself in good company. (Crap! I’m choking up)

But when someone calls me a racist when they don't know me, I just want to punch their lights out...which would probably reinforce their opinion.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

Thanks Wrabbit!
Don't worry about fleas though as they don't live in a Dawgs mouth...

Nom, nom, nom

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

Me too, I'm married to a portuguese man and some people used to accuse me of being against brown people.
It's not my fault that most illegals are brown. They must of felt stupid after I pointed that out, or at least they should have.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Well you answered your own OP.

Some people aren't happy unless they are making someone else miserable.

You know this already.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Throwing down the "racist card" is just as thoughtless and uninspiring as throwing around the "anti-american card" when you say things that don't agree with the status quo. All it does is show that the person using it, has no viable argument and cannot articulate properly any argument that can refute what you are saying, so they use it to deflect away from the debate/discussion.

Don't worry about it, these people are dumbers.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Funny how it works. A couple of idiot teachers ask a court to give a pedophile fellow teacher a break in another thread here on ATS and you claim because of six people it is the work of the teachers union. Sounds like you are upset people use base generalizations with no info to support it but you yourself do the same in another thread just hours ago. Funny how that works.

CJ

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Just because I am anti-union does not mean I am a racist.

Nice try though.

I just don't like unions. They have become the monster they once fought against. Just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Than stop being a racist...you racist you!

I would suggest ignoring the vast bulk of those who resort to insults.

The mark of a lost argument is a thrown insult. I know it's tiring.

Try being a mod for a day

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

No, it doesn't. Just because six people speak out at a trial of a teacher doesn't mean the teachers union is behind it. Your base generalization is the same as those who accuse you of racism. Why should you be so upset when someone does it to you but you gladly would do it to others?

CJ

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Than stop being a racist...you racist you!

I would suggest ignoring the vast bulk of those who resort to insults.

The mark of a lost argument is a thrown insult. I know it's tiring.

Try being a mod for a day

~Tenth

I've thought about y'alls life.

NO THANK YOU!

But then again, thank you for your service.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The racist card is reaching it's limit. We as a people are getting sick of it.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

The perp in the case you cite was once a president of the local teachers union. All the teachers involved are members of the union as well. That's a known fact. Could my research have led me astray? Yep, but I doubt it.

But that has nothing to do with this thread. Please stay on topic or at least try to tie it together as to how being anti-union equates to being a racist.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join