It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What IF Ison was a mothership (hypothetical and just for fun)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoParadigm

Wow! Why so cranky?! The mods can move it if it's not the right section. Are you feeling okay? Have a long day at work or something?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Fair enough but this is user contributed many people enjoy visiting a forum in a light hearted manner.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoParadigm
reply to post by britelite1971

Whew! I had no idea that traveling at the speed of light something could get here that fast! That'd make a heck of a scifi thriller!

Now imagine(just 4 fun) that they would only be able to travel at half the speed of light. Then it would be more of a comedy.

Or a tragedy. If a species from a different star system were to embark, if their life cycles are anything like ours that would make those who embarked on the journey dead, or decrepitly old. Could you imagine, being born and raised on a ship traveling to another world that is your only hope to come upon the human race???

I mean really as a whole, we have spent more time devoted to killing each other and developing new ways to do so, than we have to advancing our own species.

Could you imagine being that child told you were going to be saved by this little blue dot, oh so many light years away only to find we were only a bunch of bumbling savage idiots??

If I took you from the modern time and thrust you into ancient Rome you would be tortured and enslaved for being a foreigner, and that was our own species only a short while ago.

This would be like finding absolute indisputable proof that all of the worlds religions were about as real as a solution to lose weight by doing absolutely nothing, for no cost.

It would be absolutely devastating.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by gotya

Fair enough but this is user contributed many people enjoy visiting a forum in a light hearted manner.

Thanks for seeing the purpose of this thread. Sometimes it's nice to lighten up a little.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gotya

How is this BS beneficial to anyone?

Is this what you come to ATS for?

It is utterly empty and meaningless drivel that serves no purpose at all.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by Hijinx
If comet Ison were an alien mother-ship it would have already diverted course and head towards earth rather than it's orbit around the sun.

Just checking the numbers, the comet isnt really going to pass close to Earth at any point. The nearest it will get will be in late December, and a distance of 0.43 AU. ( 43 percent of the distance from earth to sun )

So it still, at some point, would need to come out from hiding and approach earth. Given these distances, it might as well do it now. There really isnt much to be gained by waiting.

And in any case, if you wanted to hide, there are a bazillion other more inconspicuous objects in the solar system they could have used.
*The astronomical event of the decade* is a dumb place to hide. Thats like a criminal on the run, hiding from the police, so choosing to hide behind the POTUS. Sure wont see him there.

I agree, and thus why I said it would have already diverted course, rather than following it's current path towards the sun, unless of course(entirely fictitious) it was using the sun as some kind of gravity break to slow it's speed of travel allowing it to divert less energy from necessary life support processes(production of food, water, atmosphere, gravity) to make the appropriate course corrections to arrive at or near the earth.

I was merely playing into the OP's speculation, for entertainment purposes. Ison is coming no where near earth, at speeds involving incredible energy to change said course. It is currently a toss up, whether or not ISON will survive it's close path with the sun.

How ever, I decided to play into to the OP's entertainment value for #s and giggles.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Wow! That is way depressing! I can't imagine anything worse than thinking you had discovered the solution to everything and then......there was the human race. Acccck!

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

reply to post by gotya

Dude you are in "general chit chat".

Are you serious or mental?

EDIT - ru trying 2 piss me off?

edit on 21-8-2013 by gotya because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

reply to post by gotya

Dude you are in "general chit chat".

Are you serious or mental?

EDIT - ru trying 2 piss me off?

edit on 21-8-2013 by gotya because: (no reason given)

Yikes! I guess he takes this stuff very seriously! I really didnt mean it to be any different from a good scifi movie suggestion, but I'm starting to remember why I hardly ever post any more. Thanks for being one of the good guys.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

sorry. didn't mean to intrude.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by gotya

Could it be that I'm not mental and that the mods have moved it perhaps? Because they agreed perhaps? Are they mental too?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Maybe they are taking their time so we can get as much gold to surface as possible. Cuz they like shiny things and they aren't going to wait around to mine it themselves.

Or maybe they eat us and they were a little late on the memo that this planet is ripe for the picking.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

reply to post by gotya

Could it be that I'm not mental and that the mods have moved it perhaps? Because they agreed perhaps? Are they mental too?

Yes the mods are mental but they know.

My bad....no hard feelings?

(i thought you were attacking someones thread, nothing personal.)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by britelite1971
reply to post by Hijinx

Wow! That is way depressing! I can't imagine anything worse than thinking you had discovered the solution to everything and then......there was the human race. Acccck!

Hey, if you haven't go read my original post on page 1.

I can't really put us in high regard if we take into account a higher species elsewhere in the universe. It's neat to think of these things, but when you look at cities like New york, Dubai, and Tokyo, then the slums of India, Kenya, or Ethiopia, it gives you a real smack in the face as far as the human race is concerned. Canada just spent nearly 3/4 a million dollars on a stealth snow mobile, the US has spent billions on military endeavoures and research, russia the same.

We spend more killing each other than we do helping each other get a drink of simple water. Go look up how many people die from thirst, or from drinking bad water. It's disgusting, the cost to change that is far less than it is for a new stealth fighter, or stealth jet ski.

Simply sick we are.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by gotya

Yes the mods are mental but they know.

And I don't? Lol.

No, no hard feelings at all.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
It is not Ison. It is number one son.
Reminds me of an old charley chan movie.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

sorry. didn't mean to intrude.

Actually, you weren't intruding at all. I appreciate your posts. I think one of the other posters got up on the wrong side of the bed.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

reply to post by gotya

Could it be that you've been acting completely mental? Why the attitude? It's not healthy to get bent out of shape so easily. Take a chill pill. They really aren't coming.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
It is not Ison. It is number one son.
Reminds me of an old charley chan movie.

That's funny!

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

You're right. I agree. It's too bad that the human condition is what it is at this point and that money and power is valued more than life and compassion. If i was an alien I wouldn't want to land here.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join