It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have an idea for a thread.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

I am surprised there hasn't been more of a response. I think it's a great idea! It can get expensive trying out differents brews. I also agree that a great beer can and should be enjoyed responsibly. I have maybe 3 or 4 per week myself. A few good ones that I have found are Kona firerock pale ale, Blue Moon is a regular for us as well. Big sky brewery makes some tasty brews as well, I think they are the company that brews Moose's Drool. We bought it once as a gag, but it turned out to be a nice nut brown ale.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by woodsmom

innis and gun is very good

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Give me a style of beer to do for this Friday guys and I will do one. I love all the suggestions for brand but some I may not be able to acquire for this Friday. I will however track them down and do reviews.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

Kilt lifter, scottish style ale.

Its an AZ beer, so it might be hard to find.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Tylerdurden1

I can do my best to get some. I can pretty much get anything suggested with the right amount of time. Love the suggestions guys keep them coming.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Not so sure about blue berries and beer.... but I do like blackberry porter, so I will have to see if I can get some and have it a go. It's not available in my local, but I can still get me some given the right amount of time. I'm not against making day trips out and about, see some sights, go for lunch with the misses and stop in at a shop to pick something up. Again, just need more time than this friday on a work week lol.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hijinx

Not so sure about blue berries and beer.... but I do like blackberry porter, so I will have to see if I can get some and have it a go. It's not available in my local, but I can still get me some given the right amount of time. I'm not against making day trips out and about, see some sights, go for lunch with the misses and stop in at a shop to pick something up. Again, just need more time than this friday on a work week lol.

Its a sweet beer, kind of weird. May the force be with you this weekend!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
So what did you drink this weekend?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

about 5 bottles of pinot grigio from Bennessere Vineyards in Cali. They make an amazing product. Phenomenon is a blend of a few reds....best wine I have ever drank. For $50/bottle.

TOnight it is a chard and a pinot grigio

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Never been a huge wine fan, if you like a heavy sweet port wine or know anyone who does Taylor Fladgate is a good one

My friends grandma swears by it ever since I brought her bottle for christmas!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Im not a wine person, either.

I am trying to acquaint myself better with it for the sake of business.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

What business?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Restaurant/bar

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

That means you get to taste all the new stuff comming in! Do it in moderation
and drink responsibly.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Whats up bro??!!!
Drink too much?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

This is a good one too, but I have always enjoyed good fruity beer. They also make a blackberry and a raspberry version, somehow they didn't work as well as the blueberry.

Pyramid brewing company makes an apricot ale that I used to love, but like so many breweries they lost some of their quality when they started to mass produce it. That is what happened to Alaskan Amber, used to be the best beer ever, but it didn't translate well to mass production.

Could you try out some good ambers and let us know? I still haven't found a good one to replace the Alaskan Amber. Kilt lifter is a good red ale, but just not quite the same.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tylerdurden1

That means you get to taste all the new stuff comming in! Do it in moderation
and drink responsibly.

Tonight I will drink down a bottle of Cab. I may also do a Pinot Noir. We shall see how well i walk to get that second bottle from the pantry.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Writing my first review. I'm doing it in word pad first so I get everything down, but It may be up tonight or tomorrow. I will link the thread here.

! I have 6 different beers. The first went way to fast, it was an Imperial stout, very sweet, extremely smooth, hints of molasses, chocolate, and toasted hops. It was too good, but I split the large bottle with three people and we put it down like soda pop. It was soo freaking good, and didn't taste like an 8.5% test. I will definitely have that one again on a nice fall, or winter day.

The beer I will be reviewing first is called Odin's gift, so stay tuned.
!

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

So whats the verdict?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join