It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bankruptcy judge considers opening secret Detroit 'data room'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Hello,

That was the ' headline ' .

www.reuters.com...

I don't live in Detroit I never want to be sentenced to live in Detroit. But...

U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Steven Rhodes on Wednesday accepted an offer by Jones Day, the law firm handling the city's July 18 municipal bankruptcy filing, to go through about 7,000 pages of financial information in a digital "data room" in the next few days and identify which documents could be made public.

Why is this not public information?

Rhodes said he will entertain the city's argument to keep some of the data out of the public eye on August 28.

The city, under state-appointed Emergency Manager Kevyn Orr, set up and provided the content for the password-protected data room and allowed access to creditors involved in the historic Detroit bankruptcy filing only if they signed a nondisclosure agreement.

I know I am pasting a lot of info. but people need to know.

"This is bankruptcy. What is not relevant?" said Rhodes.

Shumaker seemed taken aback. There are scenarios of what may happen to the city's finances in the future that are best kept private, he said.

WTF?!?

Read it you will say WTF.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I have a feeling some crooked people who are CURRENTLY in the middle of it know they are facing the better part of their lives in very nasty prison cells for mismanagement, fraud and who knows what else if everything is opened with no restrictions.

You know...like PUBLIC records are SUPPOSED to be. Unbelievable.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Probably related to much of the shady dealings that went on under the table by corrupt officials. Chicago probably has/will have a similar data room.

Typical, disgusting and business as usual.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

You know...like PUBLIC records are SUPPOSED to be. Unbelievable.

Right!!!!

Obviously my point! WTH!!!!?

top topics

join