It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baffling (to me) sleight of hand in email.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I am in a no contact situation with my daughter. She has asked for no more correspondence (2011) and there hasn't been.

This morning I received an email from her asking for a favour please. It required a letter with her mother's statement and signature, so I complied. Replies were all used.

She:
Me:
She
Me: (with an attachment)
She" Received. Much Appreciated" and all previous mails had been deleted from the back and forth short conversation.

When I sent my last to her with the attachment, I noted in that mail 'Attachment is likely at the bottom" (under our previous messages.). Send

I then went to my Sent box to see if the attachment was there at the bottom. No it was at the top and I thought "OK she'll see it and think I'm nuts!"

Then I received her message Received. Much Appreciated

Received. Much appreciated.

"Daughter"

On 2013-08-21, at 12:29 PM, A Mother(email at shaw.ca) wrote:

(daughter001.jpg)

Now for being baffled. My copy of our conversation, plus attachment disappeared from my Sent box.

It was one for me to keep for my lawyer, if needed, to show the way we related to one another. It disappeared in a flash!

P.S. Could she have done this?
edit on 21-8-2013 by canadiansenior70 because: add

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by canadiansenior70

Umm, change your email address (password)
edit on 21-8-2013 by Sharingan because: I meant change password

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

What email are you using?

They send messages to different 'folders' by default.

Hard to say it could be something innocent or a conspiracy.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Sharingan and gotya

I won't allow this to change email address, but

I use Windows live Mail and everything goes to the right box. My email to her went to my Sent box, as I checked the attachment, and all mail was there. I returned to her final short one with all others deleted and ?????--so back to Sent box and my email is gone..

I find that very weird.

Is there such a program?
edit on 21-8-2013 by canadiansenior70 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   

I may be wrong, but I don't believe there is such a program (available to civilians, I should say). More likely she has your email password. It's possible she had both your email account and her own open on the screen at the same time, and deleted your sent mail as soon as you sent it.

That's the most likely explanation I can think of. You should change your email password right now, just to be sure....

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Thank you,
The only way she would have my password is if she had a keylogger spy program or some such, but I have scanned and find nothing untoward.

As well, I didn't think there was a "public " program whereby she could delete my mail from any box on my computer. I had one chance to see it there, about the attachment, then went back to her last, back to my Sent and it was gone.

Any other ideas are appreciated

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
That's odd for it to do that unless you done something by accident or changed/modified the settings of the account to not keep anything either in windows live mail or online account. You could possibly try logging into the e-mail account through the web as sometimes there is still a record of the mail there. For instance, Gmail has extra pop mail options on how to handle the mail. It's possible to tell Gmail to delete their copies once you grab them through pop mail. I don't think they do that by default though.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Thank you, sean

No, I have no special settings. I even looked for Rules to see if that was an option, but no.

A search shows only one file and that is her last mail with all deleted except her final words back to me.

It's just going to be one of Life's mysteries, I suppose

new topics

top topics

join