It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 9th Circle of Hell. Been there, done that.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
At present, no words exist within the English language to accurately depict the DMV experience.

When describing the DMV offices in my county, the creation of new words would be necessary. "Incompetent" does not sufficiently describe their lack of ability. Not even close. "Useless" is a majorly insufficient term to represent the DMV employees. "Frustrated" does not begin to describe my feelings when I'm forced to make a trip there.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I once went to the DMV to register Mom's car. Try and do something mice for Mom, eh? She gave me her credit card and I was off. Well, six hours later they came out and told us all their credit card machine was down. At the time, we had just gotten a computer and knew little of the internet. I called Mom in a rage from the parking lot, let her know what was up.

By the time I got home fifteen minutes later, she had done it online. I felt like jumping off a cliff.

I feel your pain bunny man, as the DMV is an absolute joke of an organization. Just another government agency who's only purpose is to make us miserable, screw us out of liberties and money and keep us all under the thumb of government domination. I can't even drive legally as I'm "guilty" of a non-violent and victimless thought crime.

The system is broken for us little guys. It works well for those in power as they make loads of money off of us. Money that most of us don't have.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Thanks for all the kind replies.

I have to go back there today.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
What is this DMV we don't have this in Australia?!?!

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by fr33kSh0w2012

It's the Department of Motor Vehicles. Where you must go to renew drivers licenses and vehicle registrations if you can't do it online.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by secret titan
reply to post by fr33kSh0w2012

It's the Department of Motor Vehicles. Where you must go to renew drivers licenses and vehicle registrations if you can't do it online.

Oh we have the R.T.A. (Road and Traffic Authority) over here

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Tell us how you really feel oh salty rabbit! /endsarcasmjoke

I needed that... I'm not laughing at your pain... I'm laughing... Because I think i'm loosing it...
This world is just bonkers... Bonkers and all sorts of redonkulous~!

I hope you have a great day beezer~

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I saw this headline and assumed it was about Ben Affleck as the new Batman, my bad.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Well that sucks. When I go I am roughly in line for 15minutes and I have no problems from there. If you don't want to wait make an appointment online.

I had a similar problem.. mine had sweet and sour sauce on it... I preemptively brought my passport and birth certificate along just in case I got an anal person. I lucked out.

they are not that bad in my area... although... when I first moved here from another state when i was in my teens they took my state ID from one state and gave me a drivers license for the state I am still in...

I never took a drivers test nor drivers ed.

I have only had 1 infraction.. i idled through a red in a remote intersection because I was going a very odd speed that would have had me stop in the middle of the road so I just kept on going.

I think you just have bad luck.. try to charm them next time.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I wet back there today. I showed great restraint because I didn't go armed.

It was a foolish move on my part.

Several lifetimes later, I finally got my driver's license and vehicle registration but left dead, dying and bleeding in my wake.

Don't #### with the bunny!

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Hey Beezz,

this might cheer you up a little.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I remember about 40 or so years ago going down to the Michigan Employment Security Commission office and filing for Unemployment, I was treated like Dirt by those State employees and so were others as well. Then one day our Congressman at that time got an ear full of what was going on at that office, he went down there and Ripped every ass in the place, hauled the manager out in front of the employees and people waiting to file and dressed him down right in front of everybody, needless to say everybody was treated with respect and with a smile on their face.
Got a problem...call your Congressman, he sure isn't doing anything in Washington so he should have a lot of time on his hands.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Indiana overhauled their BMV's after Mitch Daniels was elected governor.
Really pissed of the union employees, but the results are awesome.
5-15 minutes for most services and alot can be done online.
I feel like i need to knock on wood though. Lol

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Our suburban DMV used to be a nightmare of long lines and hellish ladies. It was awful. But with the register by mail or online offering, it seems that the long lines have disappeared. And as such, the hellish ladies are much calmer, nicer and smile. I haven't spent more than 10 minutes in a DMV the past couple years. Couldn't be happier.

Recently bought a used car from someone and had to go somewhere else for the title work. Was afraid. Very afraid. Literally out in 5 minutes. Awesome! And nice folks at the counter.

Sorry about your day. I remember how awful it was. But, bright side? You have the ability to pay for what you need to get there, you can walk in on your own two healthy legs, you can speak, see, and drive. Your day can't be that bad bunny.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join