It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 9th Circle of Hell. Been there, done that.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Today I was there.

I spent much of my day at the DMV. After waiting in line for EVER, I got my number called and went to a station where Hitler's evil step-mother stated that my social security card "looked old" and that it would not be accepted.

It was good enough for the Air Force.
It was good enough for the Army.
It was good enough for my security clearances.
It was good enough for my passport.
It is 40 %$#^ing years old. DUH! It's old! So was the mole on your %$#^ing forehead, bitch!

So I went back home, got my tax records, birth certificate, DD214, to bring back to Sheeba, Queen of the Damned and another evil gnome just wanted my social security card and said it was fine.

*head explodes*

I hate this state.
I hate the beaurocracy.

I so want to get off the grid and leave the pencil-pushing namby-pamby moronic life-sucking, soul-stealing, pathetic idiots in my rearview mirror!

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Hey now...

I can't speak for the DMV where you live, but DMV employees have to put up with a lot of ^%$#. Foreigners with fake documents, people with warrants, people that refuse to bring the proper ID after being told 2-3 times.

They're usually understaffed and underpaid.

Now, I still think that doesn't give DMV employees the right to treat their customers like garbage -- but when you see the dregs of society on a daily -- you get pretty callous.

The biggest problem DMV employees have is the "entitlement" attitude of many Americans. People today simply don't like being told "No." No, you can't get a duplicate license with the only supporting paperwork is a police report your wallet was stolen. No, you can't register your vehicle if someone else's name is on the title, even if it is your sister. Yes, you DO have to take that driving test, even IF your husband is military.

Not trying to ruin your rant ... I've been in your shoes before! I just thought I'd add a little context

EDIT TO ADD:
I don't work for a DMV, I just happen to know a few people that do. They all live paycheck to paycheck due to the cost of living here. Front line DMV employees are considered "entry level". There is job security (we'll always need a DMV) -- so you'll see older people that have retired but come back to the workforce to supplement their retirement.

None of them get a pension, but a really crappy 401k. In comparison, my 401k from a private employer was MUCH better. The only advantage they have (maybe not for long?) is their health insurance is cheaper than private sector.
edit on 21-8-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I also am operating within one of the lower circles of Hell today. I am mowing the yard encompassed in a massive black dust cloud, and I keep finding "presents" that the dog left for me too late! Lord help me!

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Calm, rational explanations are going to bounce off my irrational anger like bullets off Superman!

I was dressed nicely. I had all my information gathered in a folder. ALL my documentation. I was polite. I was patient.

I was in Hell!

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Finding dog-bombs would have been a step up for me today!

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I read the title before I clicked and said "Beezer has no room to talk, I just spent all morning at the DMV" and there you are, complaining about the DMV.

Weird.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
reply to post by beezzer

I read the title before I clicked and said "Beezer has no room to talk, I just spent all morning at the DMV" and there you are, complaining about the DMV.

Weird.

Confirmation!

*applause*

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You didn't specify, so I'm not sure if you did or not.
But,
I've found that if you call ahead or go online and schedule an appointment at the DMV, you end up spending about 20-30 minutes there instead of the standard eternity.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
reply to post by beezzer

You didn't specify, so I'm not sure if you did or not.
But,
I've found that if you call ahead or go online and schedule an appointment at the DMV, you end up spending about 20-30 minutes there instead of the standard eternity.

I am unaware of any such program in the stinking hell-hole cesspool of a state that I live in.
(Connecticut)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Haha!

It sounds to me like you were first helped by an incompetent employee. A lot of what they do is "their discretion" when it comes to the types of supporting documentation. There are a lot of "shades of grey" in a DMV office, and a GOOD DMV employee will be flexible and work with you.

In most states, the DMV is funded by the taxpayers -- technically they work for YOU!

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
reply to post by beezzer

Haha!

It sounds to me like you were first helped by an incompetent employee. A lot of what they do is "their discretion" when it comes to the types of supporting documentation. There are a lot of "shades of grey" in a DMV office, and a GOOD DMV employee will be flexible and work with you.

In most states, the DMV is funded by the taxpayers -- technically they work for YOU!

Then I want them flogged, beaten with angry squid, made to watch 5 back-to-back episodes of Honey Boo-boo and FIRED!

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yes...as Ducky Dynasty would be a step up for them

I'd also like to add that a lot of the "attitude" problems have to do with the management you can't/don't see behind the scenes. You bring in bad managers, you'll quickly loose your good employees. I've seen this happen first hand at jobs. Good people quit and move on, and worthless people are hired in their place.

edit on 21-8-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Beezzer, youre gonna hate be, but in my town, the DMV is ALWAYS empty, and I end up waiting no more then 15 mins for service and be done 10 mins later...

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

I spent much of my day at the DMV.

It is 40 %$#^ing years old. DUH! It's old! So was the mole on your %$#^ing forehead, bitch!

May not make you feel any better, but I live on the other side of the world, in another country and can actually relate totally to this....

Gubment transport departments suck no matter the time, place, realm or place on earth it seems...

Just go home and pet Nerbal. I'll guarantee you'll feel better in no time...

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I work for the foodstamp department

S#it goes both ways on that one

I get talked down to A LOT, and I have never talked down to anyone.
Its a thankless job though, I just like to help the ones that deserve it

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Damn, and I have been telling myself 'it won't be so bad' since I need to get in there before next week.

I have only ever had 1 easy time at the DMV and that was in a little tiny town at the end of the road. It took me all of 10 minutes, and the single employee played with my toddler son while I filled out my paperwork. Granted there are only several hundred people that live there and probably half of the town's population rode bicycles due to DUI's, but still it happened, once.

This time I am taking no chances, I even called in my twice a year baby-sitter and wasted one of my evenings out so I could go in alone. Wish me luck.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
One of the few benefits of a small town.

DMV in the city: NIGHTMARE.

DMV down here: In and out in five minutes- four of which were spent answering 'How's the family doing?' questions from friendly employees.

OK, so it has gotten worse with the oil boom but it still beats the DMV horror in the city.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Today I was there.

I spent much of my day at the DMV. After waiting in line for EVER, I got my number called and went to a station where Hitler's evil step-mother stated that my social security card "looked old" and that it would not be accepted.

It was good enough for the Air Force.
It was good enough for the Army.
It was good enough for my security clearances.
It was good enough for my passport.

So I went back home, got my tax records, birth certificate, DD214, to bring back to Sheeba, Queen of the Damned and another evil gnome just wanted my social security card and said it was fine.

*head explodes*

I hate this state.
I hate the beaurocracy.

I so want to get off the grid and leave the pencil-pushing namby-pamby moronic life-sucking, soul-stealing, pathetic idiots in my rearview mirror!

Situations like this on any level is why I can no longer live in a "civilized" world. I've been so secluded from that lifestyle/culture that I would probably have a mental breakdown every day if forced to live in that kind of environment =(

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You seem a little 'put out' by it...
...are you sure the day went that well?

Å99

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
This is how I feel about the fire department Bureau of health services. It's why I won't go for my 911 first responder Medical check up.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join