It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Louisiana GOPers Unsure If Katrina Response Was Obama’s Fault

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Seriously!!

The latest survey from Democratic-leaning Public Policy Polling, provided exclusively to TPM, showed an eye-popping divide among Republicans in the Bayou State when it comes to accountability for the government's post-Katrina blunders.

Twenty-eight percent said they think former President George W. Bush, who was in office at the time, was more responsible for the poor federal response while 29 percent said Obama, who was still a freshman U.S. Senator when the storm battered the Gulf Coast in 2005, was more responsible. Nearly half of Louisiana Republicans — 44 percent — said they aren't sure who to blame.

Ah you gotta love some of the GOP - the comedy show that keeps on giving!!

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Yeah, and 99% of Democrats still blame Bush for *insert any complaint here*

So what?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I replied to an identical topic, and I still feel the same way. However, be careful of your source -- it's a "liberal-leaning" one. Be forewarned that your source will come into contention with MANY users on here that are conservative/Republicans.

It would be great to get a more unbiased poll...

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Of course it was Obama's fault! As was Vietnam, WWII, Hiroshima, and the Cubs never winning the World Series.

MOTF!

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Metallicus

So what?

"So what"...

That's pretty bad and you're actually trying to defend it.

I'd assume at least Bush was in office when "insert any complaint here" was occurring.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turq1

I'd assume at least Bush was in office when "insert any complaint here" was occurring.

Yeah there's a subtle difference involved there.....

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turq1

Originally posted by Metallicus

So what?

You might assume that, but you would be wrong. Bush has been blamed for everything that is currently happening due to the failures of the Obama administration. If fact, Bush has been blamed so much by Obama that it is an internet meme. The sad thing is I am not defending Bush, he was almost as bad as Obama, but it isn't anything new to blame a president that isn't even in office for something. Obama set that precedent.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
That's crazy because I've heard
29% of Louisianans are racist.
Go figure.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Liberals in the same poll blamed obama as well. look at the poll not just the article. There were more conservatives than liberals polled it seems but there are misinformed on both sides....imagine that.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

off topic the cubs won the world series in 1907 and 1908 so obama gets a pass for that one

on topic,well i dont blame him for katrina (was not president at time) . some people seem to think he voted against aid or something for katrina victims as a senator but i dont know enough about it to comment on it perhaps some on else is more informed on the matter.pretty sure you go back far enough you will find people still blaming lincon and washington for their screw ups too
edit on 21-8-2013 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

When in all reality the blame falls on the governor and the mayor of NO.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
That's crazy because I've heard
29% of Louisianans are racist.
Go figure.

I'm sure the percentage is MUCH higher than that. A huge percentage of AAs do not like Caucasians at all.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
I replied to an identical topic, and I still feel the same way. However, be careful of your source -- it's a "liberal-leaning" one. Be forewarned that your source will come into contention with MANY users on here that are conservative/Republicans.

It would be great to get a more unbiased poll...

Polls are created to be manipulated to the agenda of the group in charge of them. So, yep, I'm thinking the same as you.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

When in all reality the blame falls on the governor and the mayor of NO.

Those two, and the U.S. Senator.

Mayor 'no-gin'

Governor 'Blanko'

Senator 'Landless'

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Yep, before Katrina, Federal troops and FEMA could not respond in any state without the approval of that state's governor.

top topics

join