It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oblivion? (spoiler alert!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Well I just saw this blu ray last night and was pretty much blown away.

-and I hate almost all of the new movies that have come out the last while.
My favorite fliks are movies like clockwork orange, goodfellas, aliens, platoon, the shining,
-as far as I know I'm not a dolt when it comes to good fliks, but that's a matter of opinion.

anyways not really sure (edit),why most people hated it? (rotten tomatoes gave it 53 I think.
I highly recommend it!

edit on 21-8-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
So you recommend it but you've gone and told me the ending now

Seriously, not seen it but no point now lol

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555
Well I just saw this blu ray last night and was pretty much blown away.

-and I hate almost all of the new movies that have come out the last while.
My favorite fliks are movies like clockwork orange, goodfellas, aliens, platoon, the shining,
-as far as I know I'm not a dolt when it comes to good fliks, but that's a matter of opinion.

anyways not really sure (other than the independence day type ending, which was also cool) why most people hated it? (rotten tomatoes gave it 53 I think.
I highly recommend it!

*SPOILERS* much?

I was gonna rent it this weekend...now what's the point?

Geez I really hope nobody does that about my life...

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
lol snarky ats today? the "spoiler" is pretty much mentioned throughout the entire movie, so don't have a cow! sheesh people!

edited!

reooow!!

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

lol snarky ats today? the "spoiler" is pretty much mentioned throughout the entire movie, so don't have a cow! sheesh people!

edited!

reooow!!
Well that's peachy IF you've SEEN the movie isn't it lol

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Urgh.

Terrible.

I love a good Tom Cruise film don't get me wrong, but that was predictable and for a minute there I thought I was watching a star craft film.

Just saw it yesterday. The effects weren't bad and I liked the imagery, but that's about it.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Well, I liked it. I have to watch it again, because one issue confused me. I think I might have missed something.
But overall, it made me forget that tom cruise was in it, so any movie that can do that, is good to me.

(Jack Reacher did this as well)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
It's very submersive in its visuals and sound, sweeping. Plot twists, love the vehicles! Ya tom is getting on but I though he played his char. pretty well.
I think I'm gonna buy it.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

Great movie! Not sure i would call ending somehow close to Independence day. Oblivion has many more symbolic messages in any of its 10 minutes than whole I-Day movie in 3 hours. Oblivion is much more like Gattaka where every single thing has deeper meaning...

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Oh (also opinion) but..
-best movie ending one liner in history

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
that movie was horrible. 3/4ths of the move was the introduction. Then it ended. Also, what are the odds a spaceship fell from outerspace, in the same exact place that Tom Cruise was at. Out of the entire world, not only is that next to impossible, that random space ship happened to have his wife on board. And not only was his wife on board, but everyone on the ship was killed, except for her, with her husband there to save her at the last minute(even though he had no idea who she was).
His job was to fix drones that crashed. Im pretty sure if a peice of machinary crashed, it would take more then pressing a button on the inside to fix it. He never goes out to fix a drone with tools or replacement parts. That was dumb.
Idk, I could go on and on. lol

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I'd like to stay a night in that house and take a dip in that pool.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by theconspirator

Maybe the droids basically fixed themselves after prompting, (?) And don't forget (since we have now officially achieved full Spoiler mode) That they were clones. So there were lots of 'em around.
-But yah I repect your opinion, as the film was far from water tight. Not many films are devoid of "artifacts" in this day and age

cheers

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by theconspirator

I'd have to agree with you on the only survivor being his wife but remember that there were thousands of "Cruise" clones all over the planet so no doubt one of them would be in the area. Also remember it came down as a result of the signal that the others began to broadcast from the Empire State Building so it's crash location was by design.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I assume this OP and thread title have been edited, and did not originally contain the 'possible spoiler alert', but that shouldn't have been necessary.

To those who seemed angered because of reading a spoiler: If you didn't wanna read details about the film, then you have only yourself to blame for opening up this thread.

anyways not really sure (edit),why most people hated it? (rotten tomatoes gave it 53 I think.
I highly recommend it!
I have never used the Rotten Tomatoes site.

It has a pretty good rating on IMDB though.

Ratings: 7.1/10 from 145,034 users

On my own personal rating scale that I keep on my computer, I gave it a 6.5.

I'm gonna try to say this, without giving away anything, so it may or may not make any sense: I didn't like how they were all viewed as being the same as the original. That just makes it much harder for me to believe. The 'Copies' just shouldn't be 100%.

P.S. What's a 'dolt'?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

agreed. kinda odd that they were all 100% copies? maybe the radiation zones were designed to keep them apart?

-And a "Dolt" is someone who creates a movie thread inviting discussion without adding "spoilers" in the title

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by usertwelve

Yeah that makes sense thinking about it now. But another thing that really ruined it for me was the end. The clone that sacrificed his life because he loved her so much is dead. But some random clone that shes never interacted with meets up with her and now everything is completely fine. Thats kinda messed up.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by usertwelve

I'd like to stay a night in that house and take a dip in that pool.

--
lol, yea...WITH the naked lady to boot!!
She looks just like my Ex GF btw, wow.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
watched it just now...

loved it. 5 stars

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I thought the visuals were good but the story was lackluster. All told, I would probably give it a 5 out of 10.

I am, however, really looking forward to Tom Cruise's next film, Edge of Tomorrow. I read the novel (all you need is kill) years ago and loved it. I'm hoping the movie is going to stick fairly close to the book.

new topics

top topics

join