It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Jazeera America launches, sues AT&T

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

When it is quite clear that most of the Middle East would prefer that the USA disappear from the face of the planet,

Well im certain that most Iraqis would, since we completely destroyed their country and their way of life.
Probably Libya as well, since we supported the coupe of a very popular president and allowed this 65ish year old man to be sodomized with a knife, tortured and executed.
Would you blame them for not liking us?
Thats just the tip of the iceberg too, Syria is next.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Well here is someone who sees it, please dont think that our propaganda machines arent working elsewhere.

Hillary Clinton Says Al Jazeera Is Putting American Media To Shame

Meanwhile she says Al-Jazeera, CCTV and Russia Today are killing it: "Al Jazeera is winning. The Chinese have opened up a global English language and multi-language television network, the Russians have opened up an English language network. I've seen it in a couple of countries and it's quite instructive."

Clinton says she is leading an effort to spread U.S. propaganda through new media, with twitter feeds in Arabic and Farsi.

www.businessinsider.com...

Peace, NRE.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by optimus primal

One can easily go to the web to get an outside view of the USA news. I have been doing it for years. I have in fact visited Al Jazeera's site many many times. I think it a great source of getting a another view. I do not however think it should be on Broadcast TV. Why? Have you ever seen the ratings for Honey Boo Boo?

Given the American TV watching public's near to be total lack of critical thinking skills it is simply way to easy to subtly affect attitudes and policy.

Hell I only need to spend one evening around my GF's family to see how devastating Propaganda can be. They watch Fox news 24/7.....

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Would you prefer to get your lies from Fox, or CNN?

Al Jazeera is not controlled by our government and has gained a pretty good reputation for being unbiased. Seeing a viewpoint that isn't American-fabricated could help awaken a lot of sleepy westerners.

But to immediately (without any research) denounce and protest this foreign news network seems a little closed-minded.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Mamatus

Censoring everyone? Certainly not. By your logic we can't sensor anyone. Not Pedophile TV, not KKK TV or any other TV station whose ideology does not match someone else's.

When it is quite clear that most of the Middle East would prefer that the USA disappear from the face of the planet, I have the right to think that they do not need to be broadcasting here.

We censor obscenity, and btw we Don't Censor the KKK or the Black Panthers, they can spout their hate speeches as much as they want as long as it doesn't step into incitement for criminal activity.

The moment the news channel starts broadcasting detailed how to on IED's you can get your censorship going ok.

There are clear definitions of freedom of speech that can be researched, By my logic we follow the rules set out by the constitution and laws of america.

By yours we Censor the thoughts we don't like.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

I'm still going to watch FOX.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Any Americans that choose to watch Al Jazeera should be on a watch list.....

Now now, let's not be rash. As another poster pointed out, you're not being very "American". Unless you think accusing everyone of being a "terrorist" like the NSA does is "American". Got news for you, it's anything BUT American to have this way of thinking.
edit on 21-8-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Kalmah

I have found lies on each and every news station I have seen including Al Jazeera, CNN and Fox. There is nothing that can convince me that Al Jazeera is un-biased. as it is a complete impossibility to not have a bias on a story. Simple rule of logic.

I have come to want nothing do do with the Middle East as I am certain that we should have stayed the hell out of there in the first place. They don't like us, I don't like them. In my perfect world we would pull every single asset we have out of there and let them finish stoning each other to death.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Mamatus

I'm still going to watch FOX.

gaddddam...
to bad truthful news doesn't come with that look.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
BTW the Freedom of Speech argument has no validity. Why? That Al Jazeera is suing a Network proves that they do not value the Free Speech of the Network. Who IMO has a right to carry what Networks they want to (or not too) carry.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
More power to them. Variety of perspective would be nice for a change. It's all just degrees of either Fox or MSNBC at this point. It has gotten so bad even small-time local newscasters have to inject their opinion when reporting.

Something that may ruffle some feathers, I was listening to NPR on my way home from work yesterday and lo and behold Al Jazeera America is now a sponsor.

Are they running commercials during Rush or Hannity as well?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Funny how so many of the folks that posted about Al Jazeeras right to broadcast and or the un-biased reporting are probably not big fans of the NWO. How do you best avoid a NWO?

You pull all the troops and all the manufacturing out of other Countries and you bring them home. Instead of the troops getting paid to defend our interests overseas we could put them to work rebuilding factories and infra-structure. Instead of training them to shoot people we could train them to work in the factories they rebuilt.

Instead of spending billions on foreign aid/wars we could spend billions on our own soil. Crazy concept I know, but hey that's what happens when ya think outside the box.
edit on 21-8-2013 by Mamatus because: Gwammer and speeeeling

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus

Personally I am aghast at this Network being allowed to start a station in the USA at all.

I am even more pissed off they are already firing up the legal teams to sue for their perceived right to force a Network to carry their channel in it's lineup. Any Americans that choose to watch Al Jazeera should be on a watch list.....

I will be sending a letter to Direct TV informing them of my no longer supporting their services if they choose to carry this despicable Network.

And yes, I mean despicable.

Below are some additional links to or about Al Jazeera.

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

You sound unamerican, and a racist.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Your trying to make it seem like ATT dropped the channel because it was looking out for the best viewing interests of Americans.

ITS NOT!

Several hours later, Al Jazeera America (AJAM) filed a lawsuit against another pay-TV provider, AT&T, after the telecom giant made an eleventh-hour decision Monday night to drop the channel from its U-Verse service by citing "contractual disputes."

"Unfortunately, AT&T's decision to unilaterally delete Al Jazeera America presented us with circumstances that were untenable -- an affiliate that has willfully and knowingly breached its contractual obligations,"

From your link.
Apparently ATT broke a contractual deal that they made with the oh so terrifying and american hating Al Jazeera.
Come on.

NRE.

link   
reply to post by benrl

Mamatus is a sorry example of an American if he thinks there should be less choice in news providers

link   
double post
edit on 21-8-2013 by kkrattiger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by acidsweep

You sound unamerican, and a racist.

Oh for the love of god, dont bring race into this thread.. Race has nothing to do with the OP

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Not only are you wrong, you are also judgmental. Were you to call me a racist to my face things would not go well for you. My GF waded into 15 skinheads to defend a Black man (and a stranger) who was already stabbed seven times. She risked her life (and saved his) because of just how much we dislike Racists. I attended the attempted murder trial of three of them myself.

This Country is composed of many different races, all of which have their unique characteristics. Not wanting to be involved in other peoples Countries any longer has nothing to do with race. It is just simple math. Many Many years in the Middle East and it is worse off than before we got there. It is a huge drain on our economy and a huge drain on our resources. Not to mention what it is doing to the minds and bodies of all of our military personnel.

I don't know exactly what to call it but I should be quite honest about some of my views. While I have not a racist bone in my body and no issues with anyone of any color or nationality I can safely say that I have absolutely NOTHING to do with anyone that is religious as I have a hatred of ALL religions. I also consider anyone that is religious to be among Humanities least intelligent people. It is the base issue of most of humanities inability to get along with other people, strangely most often people with skin colors unlike my own.. Perhaps it is this attitude you are mistaking for racism......
edit on 21-8-2013 by Mamatus because: added content

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Sharingan

Retarded biased posts such as this deserves responses such as this. Im simply pointing out his idiocrisy with more of his own. Its the typical responses u would get from these folks.

Freaking disgusting!

How the hell are less news sources/viewpoints Good?It makes me think what the OPs real intensions are.
edit on 21-8-2013 by acidsweep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus

Not only are you wrong, you are also judgmental. Were you to call me a racist to my face things would not go well for you. My GF waded into 15 skinheads to defend a Black man (and a stranger) who was already stabbed seven times. She risked her life (and saved his) because of just how much we dislike Racists. I attended the attempted murder trial of three of them myself.

This Country is composed of many different races, all of which have their unique characteristics. Not wanting to be involved in other peoples Countries any longer has nothing to do with race. It is just simple math. Many Many years in the Middle East and it is worse off than before we got there. It is a huge drain on our economy and a huge drain on our resources. Not to mention what it is doing to the minds and bodies of all of our military personnel.

Whos judgmental? Your a teapot calling the kettle black! Go reread ur post. You even said ppl who watch al jazeera should be put on a watchlist! You sir are disgusting and very UNAmerican!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join