It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satellites glimpse ultra-powerful “black hole” whirlpools in Atlantic

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
you mean like this? Scary

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Are the whirlpools to sea creatures what the tornado is for land dwellers? Wonder what it looks like underwater.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Well clearly these are simply water flows going down into the oceans of the hollow Earth. Either that or an underwater gateway/wormhole used by visiting aliens that travel to and from another dimension. Or perhaps the remains of an ancient Atlantean hydro power plant. Barring that it's probally just another super secret underwater government base with a top secret water to hydrogen extraction system to provide power to the base.

Geesh, come on and get with it people these things aren't that hard to figure out.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Wow

I dont want to sound like a nut; but maybe Gaia (Earth spirit) got pissed off about Fukushima and humanity not even TRYING to find a true solution, so she took matters into her own Will!? Natural ocean filteration?

I have never heard of this. I dont even understand how it formulates

I like what one of the first few posters said "Davy Jones Locker". Pirates and sailors of the time, would deffinately not undeerstand what they were witnessing if this saw this, and would make up stories to describe.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
In Old tails they told of this.
now do you believe them?

so is this like a tornado???

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
I must say that when I read the article, one of the first things that occurred to me was if these "maelstroms" are capable of forming in any of our large oceans, then could this be a possible explanation for the strange disappearances in and around the Bermuda Triangle?
edit on 21/8/2013 by Argyll because: (no reason given)

edit on 21/8/2013 by Argyll because: (no reason given)

Not unless these things can take down aircraft too.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
the whirlpools would suck down ships...!!!!

Says who?

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadMax7

Says who?

Well certainly not anyone who was sucked down by the sounds of things!

That's me not ever swimming in the sea again.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
My "Spidey Senses" say Not True...

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadMax7

Says who?

Isn't this obvious?

One does not simply....

Survive a massive whirlpool.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Are there no 'Chuck Norris' jokes for this phenomenon lool??

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
It's a swirling maelstrom of the death that's for sure. I wouldn't want to be caught in that with a sailboat or something.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Oh I'm sure they've been seen before in history... It's just that, until the advent of satellites, no witnesses lived to tell the tale...

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
There is also ocean "upwelling" that moves stuff from deeps to the surface. Like the atmosphere has winds, tornados, downdrafts, updrafts--so do the oceans.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
As above, so below.

Very neat to see. Very neat the sea.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Imagine if these things tunneled to the otherside of the world.

we could then harness their forces and use it as a hydro dam with out the need for a dam
edit on 22-8-2013 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I'm never going on a cruise xD

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
There is a fiction novel by Clive Cussler (book 6 in his "NUMA Files" series) called "Polar Shift", where rogue waves and massive whirlpools of this magnitude are central to the plot. Much of the content is pretty well scientifically researched and played out in its pages. It's a good read.

These mysteries of the ocean have been going on since their inception and highlight that, as much as we don't know and are still learning about the outer reaches of space, there is just as much that we don't know about our own planet at this point in humanity's existence. It WOULD be an amazing occurrence to witness something like this (from a safe distance, of course) with one's own eyes.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Saw your post and smiled. Charybdis was the first thing to pop in my head when I saw that picture. The Odyssey is believed to been written in the 8th century B.C. so it's probably the first recorded report of a whirlpool with the capability of sucking down a ship. Our ancient ancestors weren't stupid. Ovid proposed that the earth was somewhat spherical and split between 5 climate zones--a middle of searing heat, two temperate zones on each side of it and a land of winter beyond that. Pretty freaking accurate for 8 AD.

These whirlpools are really very cool (as long as you're not caught within one). The water is such a dark purple in the center. If they are analogous to black holes, I wonder if that change in the water color has anything to do with the bending of light.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Is interesting that just as the atmosphere has rivers of wind and moisture the oceans also have rivers of nutrients and cool/warm waters. One has hurricanes and the other has whirlpools...

I wonder what the connection is between the flats lining rivers and blood vessels? Because I'm serious if you look at a google earth image of low lying areas lining rivers you'll see blood vessels.

Or how images of mountains look like the ridges on the surface of a leaf.
edit on 22-8-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join