It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satellites glimpse ultra-powerful “black hole” whirlpools in Atlantic

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Hoosierdaddy71

I don't think it is an actual image of what the satellite detected.

Here is some more info about eddies. It has a gif image that shows what size you can think of.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

This just reinforces my belief that Cruise ships are evil death traps... no matter what my wife says. Rogue waves, black holes and giant sharks. ***shivers*** Grand Canyon here we come.

V

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
already eplaint in the 60"s
look from 1"05..

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Btw I just found this 5 page thread here: Giant whirlpools in Atlantic Ocean puzzle scientists

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs

Originally posted by rickymouse
I wish my toilet had that good suction.

You need to take smaller bites and chew better when you eat

edit on 21-8-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)
Or stay on liquid diet

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
It is a nothing more than a natural cycle.
Since the Earth Mother Gaia is said to be alive,
She is just flushing humanities sh!t.
Problem solved - move on folks.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Variable
reply to post by Argyll

This just reinforces my belief that Cruise ships are evil death traps... no matter what my wife says. Rogue waves, black holes and giant sharks. ***shivers*** Grand Canyon here we come.

V

Ever since I saw Sharknado I am certain there is no place safe from Sharks. Be just my luck to have the Grand Canyon flood and fill full of Sharks on my vacation.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Drop a GPS and an underwater camera in that bad boy and lets see how far down she goes, shall we?

Pretty crazy, I wonder how long its been going on like that.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

Satellites have shown two mysterious 'black hole' whirlpools in the South Atlantic

well... that whirlpool is not any image taken by a sattellite...as seems to being implied

click the [link] botton to see the complete slide show

your sattellite images /(not shown on this OP thread) might be concerning the gigantic Iron Plume in the south Atlantic that is confounding the scientists

see:

theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I wish my toilet had that good suction.

Is your avatar what comes out of you when you #2? lol

2nd

Gs

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
Davy Jones' locker is at the bottom.

edit on 21-8-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

Release the Kraken!

Or maybe it's a portal to another dimension?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by filledcup
magnetic centrifugal force being generated by the earth rising up through the sea.

or a sinkhole/cave/pyramid/large pocket being filled with water?

Like this one

Huge Underground "Ocean" Found Beneath Asia

Scientists scanning the deep interior of Earth have found evidence of a vast water reservoir beneath eastern Asia that is at least the volume of the Arctic Ocean.

www.livescience.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
These are not actual whirlpools visible from the surface but huge areas where vortex like movement of water occurs, sometimes up to 2000 meters below the surface. They can be detected by observing floating debris on the surface, and I suppose by infrared imagery ( they do not mention this in detail in the article ) moving in spiral patterns over 100's of kilometers. There are not ships getting sucked in and you could not even see them with the naked eye. The picture is also very misleading.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

It would have to be one heck of a strong whirlpool to suck airplanes out of the sky. That's what must happen if this is indeed the source of the 'Bermuda Triangle'.

Who knows, maybe such a powerful, massive whirlpool could effect the atmosphere and geomagnetics of the surrounding region, creating the mysteries of the 'Bermuda Triangle'.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

It would have to be one heck of a strong whirlpool to suck airplanes out of the sky. That's what must happen if this is indeed the source of the 'Bermuda Triangle'.
Who knows, maybe such a powerful, massive whirlpool could effect the atmosphere and geomagnetics of the surrounding region, creating the mysteries of the 'Bermuda Triangle'.

Yep...good point, I didn't think about the aircraft angle

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

These are not actual whirlpools visible from the surface but huge areas where vortex like movement of water occurs, sometimes up to 2000 meters below the surface. They can be detected by observing floating debris on the surface, and I suppose by infrared imagery ( they do not mention this in detail in the article ) moving in spiral patterns over 100's of kilometers. There are not ships getting sucked in and you could not even see them with the naked eye. The picture is also very misleading.

Well the article says they are capable of sucking a ship down not that they are sucking ships down.

I agree the image from the article is a little misleading......I just thought it was a cool story, especially the comparisons with the behaviour of black holes.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

First thing i thought of when i read the article was scylla....The Odyssey is one of my favorite books. Perhaps we have seen them more than we think.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
First thing I thought of was the huge floating debris field in the Pacific. Wish that wherever it leads to it could vacuum up the Fukushima radiation spill too.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie

hmmm.. have these been killing all the fish?

underwater tornados?
edit on 21-8-2013 by filledcup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll...could this be a possible explanation for the strange disappearances in and around the Bermuda Triangle?

I thought there was a study a while back that 'proved' the problems in the Bermuda Triangle were caused by large methane plumes capsizing ships and cutting the oxygen to airplane engines.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join