It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House stands by Obama assertion that NSA isn't spying

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

President Obama stands by his assertion that “there is no spying on Americans” by the National Security Agency, the White House said Wednesday.

Oh,come on !

The comments from White House spokesman Josh Earnest follow a report that the NSA accessed about 75 percent of all U.S. internet traffic through partnerships with some of the nation’s largest companies.

Spy ? who me ? Says the spyer in chief.

Pssst hey Obama ?

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world do you expect people to believe this?

Only his die hard fan base believes this everyone else paying attention to current events know he has been busted, big time.

In other news:

NSA story cuts into Obama’s popularity with young voters

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt,

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.

Goebbels

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It's not spying, they changed the name of it.....so they are not technically lying.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Who in the hell does he think he's kidding?

Does anyone believe this White House anymore?

The sad part is, he might come out with full disclosure, parade an alien species in front of the tv and we'll all say, "Awww, more bull spit!"

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I think he has convinced himself that it just isn't so. It is like murders who are clearly guilty who stick with a story of innocence for so long and with such conviction they can pass lie detector tests. Despite the fact there is DNA evidence and camera footage of the crime etc. I was an Obama backer but this NSA crap has really pissed me off. This is the same guy who won't fire James Clapper despite the fact he lied to congress and admitted he did so while he was sworn in ( which is a crime). In fact he was assigned to oversee the NSA review Obama has promised.There is 0 doubt we are being spied on.. Technically Obama may be right. The NSA is not spying on Americans. One of the other five eyes partners is and specifically I believe it is the GCHQ. It allows him to say crazy crap like what you mentioned and technically be right. The GCHQ just passes on EVERYTHING they gleem from the surveillance to the NSA. It keep the American partners happy and the GCHQ can continue to collect the 100,000,000,000 pounds a year the US is currently providing it.

Let's not kid ouseleves.. Obama at least did not lie and manipulate public opinion to lead us into a war that has killed conservatively 250,000 civilians with some estimates of over a million. He did not lie and manipulate public opinion and force 3.2 Trillion dollars onto the US economy as the Iraq war has. It cost 300 million a day just to operate in Iraq. He did not line the pockets of contractors with ties to the Vice President as Bush did with no bid contracts for Haliburton. He did not say he was gonna stop domestic spying only to escalate it despite lawyers telling him it was illegal as transpired in the Bush years. He did not torture people to get information that was less than credible as Bush did.. Undermining US approval worldwide. He did not rig and steal two elections by disenfranchising voters ( from a state his brother was Gov of) or outright rigging electronic voting machines in Ohio. He did not kidnap people in the dead of night and transport them to Countries where they could be tortured with impunity. He did not stand by doing nothing while a major United States city devolved into martial law and hundreds died in New Orleans after Katrina as Bush did. He did not stand idely by as the economy was not just going down the drain but about to implode as Bush had done. Obamas lies have not directly resulted in the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people not to mention thousands of US service men and women either directly or by suicide.

Just saying we as citizens stood by and allowed this to happen and did nothing. There was no outrage.. No cries for public hearings. We as a Country would rather worry about why 4 people in Benghazi were killed then the fact the South Side of Chicago is more dangerous than Baghdad.

We were and are apathetic to the point it is too late to reverse course on the NSA at this point. Frankly there isn't much difference between Republicans and Democrats it is the illusion of choice you buy into. It is a mirage.
edit on 21-8-2013 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-8-2013 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The last three administration have slapped Americans and the world with blatant lies:

Obama Administration: "We are not spying on our citizens"

Bush Administration: "Iraq has WMD sites"

Clinton Administration: "I did not have sexual relations with that women"

So on, and so on...

Its inherent to almost every administration and one could argue they are becoming even more blatant and even more poorly supported.

Something is obviously broken, like a car that cant get out of first gear. If something is broken, should it not be fixed. Unfortunately, it seems like the current administration is stuck in reverse..

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Well... Now if you believe in TPTB... Then the WH has found the perfect "poly" to do there bidding...

As sick as my comment may sound, it's resolute and for me spot on.

I wonder where I can get the "kool-aid" our spyer in chief in drinking... I want to forget the past few years and be oblivious again....

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
If he thinks changing the language to change the meaning of the same action is cute...It's not. It's pathetic.

It's infuriating for Americans and it should be. It's embarrassing to imagine how the world sees this because NO ONE is fooled who knows enough about the story to care that much.

What part of testimony under oath doesn't he quite grasp for what he's contradicting. Is he calling his OWN executive branch employees liars before Congress? If so.. Fine... Then I want HIM to lead the push for prosecution under Perjury.

It'll be a real hoot seeing the evidence produced to say they lied ..as it proves every word said to be 100% dead on true.

Really.. his stupid word games got old before his second term started. It's crossed into outright insulting our intelligence now and personally offensive.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

It's sad that only one of those lies caused an impeachment vote.
And that was about a dick in a mouth..

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by tyfon
reply to post by MDDoxs

It's sad that only one of those lies caused an impeachment vote.
And that was about a dick in a mouth..

eloquently put.

Ironically, i think it is by far the less impeachable offense of the bunch

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
If ATS was my only world, I'd think everyone from Democrats to Republicans were upset over this. In reality, not many "average" people care.

The media is reporting it, but the people don't care. I talk to a lot of diverse people from all over the political and racial spectrum. No one cares. Most people shrug their shoulders and say, "Yeah, so? I'm boring, I have nothing to hide."

Younger people seem to care more than older people, but that's about all I've noticed.

Another common answer I get is, "Yeah, well...what can ya do?" The sheer amount of apathy over this is incredible!

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

President Obama stands by his assertion that “there is no spying on Americans” by the National Security Agency, the White House said Wednesday.

Interesting assertion since the NSA itself admits as much in this US INTELLIGENCE SURVEILLANCE COURT FISA document here. Of course, all the really good stuff is redacted.

www.scribd.com...
edit on 21-8-2013 by METACOMET because: fxlnk

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
If you have done nothing wrong then you should have no reason to be concerned as far as i can tell. Your expectation of privacy has likely not been breached in any fashion because it is extremely unlikely that anything you do or say is of any real interest to the government and especially Obama.

However, if you truly feel that you privacy has been breached and the government is monitoring you constantly as they would a prisoner then the most logical course of action is to willingly make yourself a prisoner of the United States as a form of protest.

It is really rather simple, just use Twitter to harass the President until you get a visit from the Secret Service. At this point you allow yourself to be arrested and when speaking with your lawyer you inform him that you are practicing Civil Disobedience and will continue to do so until the NSA shuts down it's spying program.

You might lose your freedom, but since many people seem to believe you have lost your freedoms already then what is stopping you?

You will instantly be a hero to millions of people, get wide spread media coverage and perhaps make a change to a system you feel is unfair. If enough people follow your example then you actually enact change instead of simply wasting time bitching about it.

So here you go, this is the instruction manual and is widely revered by most intelligent people.

On the duty of civil disobedience
Civil Disobedience

It is a free download and can be used on many tablets and smart phones.

edit on 21-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I am sorry I just can't get over this empty promise just to get the job.

This is how the last administration was spun relentlessly, and how that 'constitution was just a GD piece of paper' the 'majority' shouted at the top of their voice 'spying was bloody evil', but gives the next guy what is tantamount to a free pass.

The 'majority' didn't believe anything the last guy said, and nothing but 'cricket's' about it now.

top topics

join