It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police taser man to get him off a roof, choke & drag him face-down across a staircase, killing him

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I've witnessed several instances first hand of cops over stepping here in Arizona. Here is just another case.
It is good to see them taking some steps like they did with Richard Greco below. Will this case have a similar turn out?

Information Liberation

PHOENIX, AZ — A 44-year-old man climbed onto the roof of his apartment and began acting strangely. Police arrived to help him down, but instead ended up killing him with a series of offensive maneuvers including tasing him while in a choke-hold, and finally dragging his lifeless body down a staircase, with his skull banging against every step.

Richard Greco AZ Central

A Phoenix police officer lost his job this year after a suspect’s mother complained that he was physically and verbally abusive to her son during a 2011 encounter, and internal investigators searched through the officer’s own video footage to find other incidents that supported the woman’s claim.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Thats pathetic, cops are no longer "to protect and serve" they have become militarized, cold heartless bastards.
I remember a few years ago, cops were called for a man standing up on a ledge, above a door or something.
Instead of trying to talk him down, they tased him, causing him to fall about 15 feet on to the hard concrete alleyway, killing him.
What kind of morons would do this?
They didnt even try to cushion his fall with boxes or even a dumpster or something..

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
This is what its come to, badly trained "guys with badges" not policeman of the state.

The cops are employing more and more cops and thats just dragging down the percentage of good, intelligent polite cops that a community needs.

I feel really bad for this children, they better not have to face "the system" to as im sure it will only fail them further.

What a tragedy

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Perhaps it is time to have a dedicated forum to Police abuse. A central place to aggregate all of the freaking horror stories that are coming up the last couple of years.

I am not a fan of being nice to criminals. However, I am also not a fan of excessive force and abuse. Short of that man being a documented and provable Murderer or Pedophile he did nothing that warrants being killed by the cops. This is why vigilantism is illegal. Cops are rapidly becoming vigilantes.

The first written laws of man were deemed to brutal to continue to exist. Yet today, someone convicted of a non violent felony is subjected to extended stays in solitary, at risk of their very lives due to prison riots and prison culture. In some cases even sentenced to repetitive rape. All of this provided they don't get arrested by cops like the video above. Yeah, we have a come a long way.....

The Code of Hammurabi is a well-preserved Babylonian law code, dating back to about 1772 BC. It is one of the oldest deciphered writings of significant length in the world. The sixth Babylonian king, Hammurabi, enacted the code, and partial copies exist on a human-sized stone stele and various clay tablets. The Code consists of 282 laws, with scaled punishments, adjusting "an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth" (lex talionis)[1] as graded depending on social status, of slave versus free man.[2]

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSmediaPRO

All in a day's work: "to serve (the State), protect (themselves)" and break the citizen's neck.

edit on 21-8-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Um why did they drag him down the stairs? Could they not carry the dude? There were only about 10 cops there.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I don't get it - how was he killed? Asphyxiation or stun gun? He jumped down on his own power so they tasered and choked him? All this for getting on a roof? Wth? I used to like sitting on the roof enjoying smoke and watching the stars. Might not be a good idea if cops see you.

Lesson here: be careful who you call the cops on, it could turn deadly and sadly it does all to frequently.
Manslaughter charges are in order here.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
He has to be removed for his own safety, correct? Major fail on this one then.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

A Phoenix police officer lost his job this year after a suspect’s mother complained that he was physically and verbally abusive to her son during a 2011 encounter, and internal investigators searched through the officer’s own video footage to find other incidents that supported the woman’s claim.

He lost his job ?!?
He should be tried for murder!

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
Um why did they drag him down the stairs? Could they not carry the dude? There were only about 10 cops there.

And on top of that you have one of those donut smashers filming the entire incident. Did they even attempt to call medical ad?

What I want to know is, what killed the guy? Him hitting his head on the stairs while they're dragging him down or them tasering him while it could be UTI of a control substance?

But I'm wondering if the one copper who choke him out killed him?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The cop that had the choke hold killed him.

Id bet the choke hold plus the stun gun knocked him out within seconds. Then the officer holding him was to pumped up on adrenaline to realize he was murdering a limp man in his arms.

Why cant these situations be treated like suicide attempts... talk the guy down... he didn't have a weapon. God forbid you spend a few hours of your time trying to save a life than just murdering them so you can get home for dinner.

Males in society are rewarded for their aggressiveness and lack of critical thinking skills. Police forces around the world need to realize that the people who want the power rarely respect or deserve it.
edit on 21-8-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Aawwww....we got a cop like that in town, & it sickens me to have to listen to his voice on my scanner every night. I guess he forgets people DO have scanners & can hear him!! I feel like turning him in, he's so vile....

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I wonder if he had a heart attack due to the type(s) of drugs he was on at that time? or overdosed? after the cops used the stun gun.

BTW the reporter in the first clip is hot
Cameron Diaz look alike IMO

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
This is what the police have become. You will obey the LEO. Do exactly what you are told in a cheerful manner. Do not argue. Do not assert your rights. Cower at their feet and lick their boots.

If you do not, you are subject to coercion through asset forfeiture, economic sanctions, incarceration, electro-pain devices, chemical agents, physical force, or high velocity lead injection. No one is allowed to help you. If you die, you die. Your death is always your fault.

In the cases of "assailant" death, LEOs will be rewarded with paid suspensions (vacations).

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foundryman
This is what the police have become. You will obey the LEO. Do exactly what you are told in a cheerful manner. Do not argue. Do not assert your rights. Cower at their feet and lick their boots.

You forgot "grab your ankles and smile".

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The following messages are dedicated to A Thugs Life..............

Rage against the Machine

edit on 21/8/13 by Strewth because: PIGS have feels too

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
Perhaps it is time to have a dedicated forum to Police abuse. A central place to aggregate all of the freaking horror stories that are coming up the last couple of years.

reply to post by Mamatus

I suggested this a while back.

New Forum Suggestion: "Cops Gone Wild"
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by this_is_who_we_are
started on 3/1/2012 @ 10:52 AM
I assume that this new Posse Comitatus forum is the newest, best venue for posting these stories:

"Posse Comitatus: This forum is dedicated to the discussion of conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups related to the militarization of police forces throughout the world, the NSA spying scandal, and the war on drugs"

I think it's catching on big time. No shortage of stories of cops gone wild in the near future I'm afraid...

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by j.r.c.b.

Youtube it mate. Make it viral. We watch the watchers.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Why isn't there a police brutality forum? We have a forum for pretty much everything expect for "untaxed" drugs.

Anyway, the only way you're going to stop this is by treating cops like civilians. If they kill a person, the man in charge should be put in prison for murder, and all that helped put in prison for 2nd degree murder.

This is how you stop it. But unfortunately that will never happen. Only if the citizens stand up for themselves.

But that wont happen either. Too many distractions and obedience.

What a pathetic state the US has become.

Absolutely pathetic.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skjord
Why isn't there a police brutality forum? We have a forum for pretty much everything expect for "untaxed" drugs.

Anyway, the only way you're going to stop this is by treating cops like civilians. If they kill a person, the man in charge should be put in prison for murder, and all that helped put in prison for 2nd degree murder.

This is how you stop it. But unfortunately that will never happen. Only if the citizens stand up for themselves.

But that wont happen either. Too many distractions and obedience.

What a pathetic state the US has become.

Absolutely pathetic.

Um...there is a forum for it and you just posted a comment in it Posse Comitatus. I have a bad feeling it will soon be one of the most posted to forums...
edit on 21-8-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join