It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge sentences Bradley Manning to 35 years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Judge sentences Bradley Manning to 35 years

www.washingtonpost.com

A military judge on Wednesday morning sentenced Army Pfc. Bradley Manning to 35 years in prison for leaking hundreds of thousands of classified documents to the anti-secrecy group WikiLeaks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
A soldier who gave the press info is punished more harshly than others who killed civilians. It's a shame to see that you get punished for having a conscience.

It's also a shame that Barack Obama didn't keep his word when it comes down to protecting whistleblowers.

Some people compare him to Nelson Mandela. An appropriate analogy?

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Knowing that he faced treason, death and life sentencing, I think 35 years is definitely a lighter sentence, when compared to what others were pushing for... Such a crazy situation and with cases like this one, you know more soldiers will just put their head down and do as they are told. Too much of a risk...

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Yup just read this on BBC news and was about to post.

What the freaking F man? 35 years?!?!

A soldier looks out of its country and its people - the justice system seems to think hes done more damage to the country for this, than helped it by showing its people exactly what lies their tax money is being spent on.

Absolutely mad. poor guy. Still it will be the easiest jail time i would imagine.

He can have my pudding.
edit on 21-8-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Geez, I'm actually kind of surprised, I thought the sentence would be a lot longer. I'm not saying the 35 years is something to be happy about, because yes, someone who outright murders can get a lighter sentence than this. It's messed up that someone who kills in cold blood can get out in 20 years or less while someone who ferried information gets longer. You know what? Messed up in an understatement, and so is "outrage", and pretty much any other word I can think of to apply here. I'll let you know if English speakers eventually come up with a word to appropriately describe it.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Wow he got more time than the Abu gharib guards who tortured and sodomized Iraq prisoners...

Yay for "justice"...

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Manning's sentence unjustifiably harsh, crimes he exposed remain unpunished - Moscow DETAILS TO FOLLOW

So by this statement im going to assume that Russia has the leaked cables. I wonder if the US government even knows what he had gotten a hold of.

RT
edit on 8/21/2013 by shaneslaughta because: Source

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
So Obama amends the Whistleblower protection act of 1989 just last December.. Removes his Whistleblower protection pledge from the White House website and Snowden gets 35..

Do people still believe Obama cares about them? Do people honestly believe that Obama promotes freedom and liberty?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Sorry dude,

Already posted

Link

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZiggyMojo
So Obama amends the Whistleblower protection act of 1989 just last December.. Removes his Whistleblower protection pledge from the White House website and Snowden gets 35..

Do people still believe Obama cares about them? Do people honestly believe that Obama promotes freedom and liberty?

I dont believe there are any politicians with the peoples best interest at heart. Its all i giant game of political posturing.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
People in power, like presidents can abuse their power. They can trample over the constitution, send innocent men and women to their deaths fighting for oil. They can kill innocent people through drone attacks all paid for by the people.

As soon as someone speaks out and tries to raise awareness by leaking documents that documents this, he's thrown in jail while the people in power continue to abuse said power and kill innocent people unabated. Yep, something's not quite right here.

I'd like to scream and shout in anger over this, but to what use? Keep watching Oprah everyone, America's Top Model is next followed by an all new Keeping up with the Kardashians. No need to worry about your rights. Because you have none. And don't forget to get a double whopper while you're at it!

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Truth is Treason in an Empire of Lies.....

Ron Paul

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
You see if people were awake by the millions and million corrupt laws and decisions like this, would be impossible. Either the judge would be in jail or too fearful of his position, income and pensions to make evil rulings, OR people would stand by every whistle blower and person being targetted, be there with him and take him away from them if they tried to kidnap and forcibly imprison good people, and millions could also blast a hole in his cell.

I don't believe in ever allowing or standing by and allowing evil to act and force evil upon people without people refusing to accept it.

But a few folk would just be criminals themselves to stop a corrupt system, it takes everyone awake.

I would suggest people get round table signatures to help and assist him in every way possible, to put massive pressure on the felons in office to get him out ASAP, to the degree of a massive number standing up, bullhorns in hand, general strike and not sitting back down even if 10000 trillion armies or police show up. I would die for freedom and what is right, will not kill, unless the goon is attacking children or someone in need, for Self Defense is always the right thing to do.
edit on 21-8-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Already posted:

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread965942/pg1

Please add to the ongoing.

~Tenth

new topics

top topics

join