It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Taylor UFO encounter Scotland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
A strange one this,
and haven't come across it before,
sounds like he encountered an autonomous exploration probe, .....

edit on 21/8/13 by Donegal_TDI because: to edit

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Donegal_TDI

A strange one this, and haven't come across it before, sounds like he encountered an autonomous exploration probe

Maybe ...Maybe not but it is an interesting case , here's some more information

The Dechmont Woods Encounter, 1979
documentary: the west lothian question

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Thanks for the actual video.
I've recently watched an update about this incident it was actually investigated as a criminal assult by the police

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Thanks for the links.
A situation like this that breaks from traditional lore,
with a very credible witness,
does ring with authenticity.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

There is a possible explanation , I can't remember where I read it (possibly ATS) but the gist of it is that the spike holes were measured and seemed to fit with a ground Aerator either owned by Bob or the council ...can't remember the details but the theory was that Bob had fell asleep and created the story so as not to get in trouble with his employers .

I'm not saying that's the definitive answer to the encounter but it is / was a theory

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
If you search the other posts you will see my replies.

This is my local UFO landing spot. Im about a 2 minute drive from the location.

I was at this site the morning after and this is what got me into ufology at the ripe old age of 5

This case still remains unsolved, a good friend of mines brother worked with Bob in the forestry commission for 20 years and he never once said it was a hoax, stuck to his story and never mentioned it again.

I read a report in a UK ufo magazine that launched last year that the writer believed Bob took some wild non edible berries and hallucinated the whole thing. Well he obviously never done his research. Bob work from the forresty commission for many many years in Livingston and knew as well as I knew at the age of 5 that no berries growing wild in this region are edible. Safe to say I never bought another edition of said magazine.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

That's very interesting, thanks for posting the video

I like that the community stood behind him on that

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by zeetroyman

Following on from zeetroyman's post the theory that appeared in a magazine also appears here:

Click here

The basics are that Mr. Taylor ingested Belladonna and the incident was an illusion caused by this plant's toxins. The spacecraft sighted being a hallucination of one seen in Dr. Who in the weeks running up to the incident.

I actually think this theory is as bizarre as the incident Bob Taylor claims he was a witness and also victim of.

This is certainly one of the really weird stories out there and one of Britain's most interesting cases.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
OK people time to hit google - There is a precedent for this, and its one of the very first recorded post 1800s close encounters. The man was assaulted by rolling balls with 'eyes and spikes' on that were dropped by a stationary landed vehicle.

Get searching!

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

That clip is from Arthur C. Clarke's series back in the 80's. I remember it when first shown. There's a funny kind of logic in the story when you think about it. The narrator was Gordon Honeycombe, a front man for ITV.
edit on 21-8-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Very similar to my experiences, and other cases that i have looked up

Thank you for bringing this to light

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
My brother lives less than half a mile from the location of this encounter.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I've read about this case before, very interesting. I believe he encountered quite a lot of ridicule from local people after the event became public. It would seem a lot to endure if it was a made up story. It is also interesting to note that he complained of severe headaches months before for which no cause could be found. It could have no connection at all but looking at other cases this is not uncommon. I'm going to dig out some old books that have more detail as my memory is hazy, but i believe an old copy of unexplained magazine said there was a case in germany were a similar type object was seen.

top topics

join