It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pilotless Airliner no longer unthinkable

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Adonsa

Wow, you bumped a years old thread with one of the most asinine replies I've seen in awhile. If you really believe that a call center somewhere is going to be flying a remotely piloted commercial aircraft, then you seriously need to learn a hell of a lot more about RPVs and the airlines plans for them.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Wow, you bumped a years old thread with one of the most asinine replies I've seen in awhile. If you really believe that a call center somewhere is going to be flying a remotely piloted commercial aircraft, then you seriously need to learn a hell of a lot more about RPVs and the airlines plans for them.

Hi, Zaphod58,
Naw, i don't believe and don't want to believe the airline industry would use call centres, in spite of their devotion to India based companies. Maybe some would if they could get away with it. One would hope that a FAA licensed dispatcher would dispatch and control such flights.

You say I "need to learn?" That may be, however, I'm a commercial pilot and the only thing I need to learn here and now, is where the sarcasm emote is below this text entry box.

Many thanks for your enlightening reply and for helping to resurrect this old message thread.

Reactions from the traveling public should be interesting, soon after Boeing begins their RPV test program.

posted on Jun, 9 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Boeing may test it, but that doesn't mean that we're going to see it any time soon. We're years away from seeing an RPV flying passengers. Even the cargo industry has said that at most they'd go to a single pilot operation, and wouldn't go completely unmanned.

As it stands right now, military UAVs, including autonomous aircraft, are unable to fly through non military airspace without a manned aircraft flying with them, and you think they they're suddenly going to allow unmanned commercial aircraft with passengers flying around?

new topics

<< 1   >>

join