It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manning sentenced to 35 years

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

If you really did not follow it, I should not. But for the sake of Chelsea I will tell you, that Bradley was forced to put off all his clothes and sleep naked, then was awakened every few hours and the lights were turned on, so he could not sleep.

You obviously are too lazy to inform youselves. That's typical for USAmericans who follow the line. Take a seat on your sofa and eat your chips. That is all you are asked for.
edit on 22-8-2013 by Siddharta because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Siddharta

If you really did not follow it, I should not. But for the sake of Chelsea I will tell you, that Bradley was forced to put off all his clothes and sleep naked, then was awakened every few hours and the lights were turned on, so he could not sleep.

You obviously are too lazy to inform youselves. That's typical for USAmericans who follow the line. Take a seat on your sofa and eat your chips. That is all you are asked for.

God, you sound so 80s Russian....

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

No, you live so 80th Russian.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aazadan

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
Torture? Torture?
There is no torture in this case.
His attorney never filed charges of torture.
Manning himself in his open court heartfelt apology for harming his nation never said he was tortured.

You are torturing your own mind making this stuff up.
Here, I will provide an argument for torture that is actually believable.....

Manning gets to prance around sex starved inmates pretending to be Chelsea, maybe the torture was in his long wait to get to live out his fantasy?

You do realize solitary confinement is considered by almost every government on earth (including the US) as well as the UN to be a form of torture? It's considered one of the more severe ones too due to the very long lasting psychological effects. Unlike say being whipped or what McCain went through, solitary tends to ruin a person for life... there is no coming back from it.

Solitary confinement is your torture? That is too funny.
Solitary confinement is an option used in every civilian US prison, Some prisons only have solitary confinement and are specially constructed for the purpose.
Your argument is bunk.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I think he got off easy. He betrayed his uniform and violated his oath as a soldier. He should be shot dead for his treachery. The fact he wants to dress and live like a girl is just more embarrassment for this country. Regardless of how much he tries, he'll never be one so, the joke is on him.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101

Manning sent this photo to an Army supervisor in 2010, and it was introduced into evidence at his court martial. He now claims he's a woman named "Chelsea"
edit on 22-8-2013 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

That's beyond embarrassing and disgraceful. He did not deserve to wear a US military uniform. He looks ridiculous with that wig. He will never be a woman.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by LogicalRazor

Agreed, someone should make a poll, what percentage of his worshippers would do the he/she with the wig on.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Gay guy in prison for 35 years?

Inmates will probably automatically have a good opinion of him?

He must be stoked.

This isn't a sentence, this is a paid vacation for an orgy.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Solitary confinement is an option used in every civilian US prison, Some prisons only have solitary confinement and are specially constructed for the purpose.
Your argument is bunk.

Solitary confinement is considered torture by virtually every government on the planet, including the United States, so yes under our own definitions of torture he was tortured. As for it's use in prisons, people typically are placed in it for a week or two at a time which has been documented to cause serious issues with people. Manning spent 3 years in solitary. Mental torture is still torture and leaves it's own type of scars.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by CIAGypsy

Originally posted by ObservingYou
DAAAAAFUUUQQQQQ.

USA IS SICK

edit on 21-8-2013 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

USA is sick? The guy compromised national security by stealing government documents. This isn't a guy who was trying to highlight violations of civil or constitutional liberties. What he did was clearly treason.

Keep living in cuckoo land

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aazadan

Your argument is bunk.

Solitary confinement is considered torture by virtually every government on the planet, including the United States, so yes under our own definitions of torture he was tortured. As for it's use in prisons, people typically are placed in it for a week or two at a time which has been documented to cause serious issues with people. Manning spent 3 years in solitary. Mental torture is still torture and leaves it's own type of scars.

No it's not.
The presence of SuperMax prisons all around the United States totally debunks your statement.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Yes and Guantanamo is the standard for you. As is Abu-Ghuraib and the like.
Look at the sentence, judge Denise Lind spoke out. It gives him/her credit because of the torture time.
Don't tell, there was none. That's too stupid.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I bet the government will have him killed in there.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

No it's not.
The presence of SuperMax prisons all around the United States totally debunks your statement.

Here's the wiki article on it.

Solitary confinement is considered to be a form of psychological torture[28] when the period of confinement is longer than a few weeks or is continued indefinitely.[42] The case of Thomas Silverstein has been somewhat criticized. Silverstein has spent the last 29 years of his imprisonment in solitary confinement as a result of him murdering a prison guard in Marion, Illinois. He is thought to have been in solitary confinement longer than any other prisoner in the world. Silverstein is currently incarcerated at the Federal Supermax Prison in Florence, Colorado. The International Red Cross has expressed concern of ‘significant problems’ with U.S. confinement techniques, and U.S. prison policies have faced mounting legal challenges.[43] America's detention system is far below the basic minimum standards for treatment of prisoners under international law.[43] The United States' increasingly harsh treatment of its civilian prison population in maximum-security prisons ("supermax facilities") nationwide has caused an international human rights concern.[43] America’s solitary confinement practices contravene international treaty law, violate established international norms, and do not represent sound foreign policy.[43]

Negative psychological effects have been documented,[44] leading one judge in a 2001 suit to rule that "[Solitary confinement] units are virtual incubators of psychoses—seeding illness in otherwise healthy inmates and exacerbating illness in those already suffering from mental infirmities."[45]

You can say no it isn't as much as you want, but solitary is a recognized form of torture by virtually every government on the planet including the US. Incidentally there's only one federal supermax facility, all the others are state controlled which neatly shifts the issue away from the feds.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Siddharta
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Yes and Guantanamo is the standard for you. As is Abu-Ghuraib and the like.
Look at the sentence, judge Denise Lind spoke out. It gives him/her credit because of the torture time.
Don't tell, there was none. That's too stupid.

I guess by yours and a few others anything I comfortable or undesirable is a form of torture.

Let me ask you a question. Do you think he looked at ever piece of secrets he dumped to the world or did he dump 100,000 of documents without a care as to their nature or impact? I think you give him a lot more credit than he deserves.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

so they sentenced him for truth. thats the style of USA

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Siddharta

about Guantanamo..
i've read an interesting article about a week ago
so the author compared the guantanamo with Hitler's concentration camps where people stay without trial and any accusations. just they sit there and have no hope

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by IlluminatiMemberships

they'll kill him in prison

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I feel truly sorry for him.
He did wrong as far as National Security is concerned but he treatment so far and what will happen to him inside I don't wish on him. Unless you are seriously unstable / mentally impaired (is that the PC way to say it?) you have to know that no good will come from leaking secrets or pissing off the US Gov.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
If this nonsense with the crossdressing doesn't make it obvious this garbage is all staged, I don't know what would.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join