It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manning sentenced to 35 years

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I agree hey should have given Manning the death penalty.

Others would be just crazy exposing wrongdoings in the future, they would think 3 times more.

Thing is, you just tieing a rope arround your own neck exposing wrongdoings, better flee the country and get away relative unharmed with doing something you feel is right.

edit on 21-8-2013 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Plugin
reply to post by pteridine

We know now.

Nothing serious happened because of these leaks.

Only giving Manning an example for others who may leak anything.

Why are they so afraid of manning, wikileaks, snowden, truthseekers, yet they make more rules for us every day and say it's to protect us.
Why should we trust them if they can trust us?

You should have written: "Nothing serious happened yet, that we know of, because of the leaks that have been made public."

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Those leaks are old now and not even relevant now/usefull for the ''enemy'', if they ever where.
Be sure they won't now.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by juleol

How brainwashed some of you Americans are never cease to amaze me... Wake the # up!!

Apparently, you are easily amazed and must resort to the vulgar when your imagination fails you. That was not very cosmopolitan of you but then, again, you are probably a mere pretender. As bad as it seems, 35 years is a light sentence even if he has to do without lipstick. Ask yourself what would have happened to him elsewhere. What would your country have done to him had he released the equivalent of such information?

How do you know that it is not you who is asleep?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Those leaks are old now and not even relevant now/usefull for the ''enemy'', if they ever where.
Be sure they won't now.

Has everything been published? Alles is gepubliceerd?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine

How brainwashed some of you Americans are never cease to amaze me... Wake the # up!!

Apparently, you are easily amazed and must resort to the vulgar when your imagination fails you. That was not very cosmopolitan of you but then, again, you are probably a mere pretender. As bad as it seems, 35 years is a light sentence even if he has to do without lipstick. Ask yourself what would have happened to him elsewhere. What would your country have done to him had he released the equivalent of such information?

How do you know that it is not you who is asleep?

A light sentence when he broke no laws?? Again you are supposed to be protected when there is serious crimes being committed by the government. My country does not even have the death penality or life sentence, so probably would not do so much. And you even assuming this shows again that you have been brainwashed since you apparently think that USA is so much better than rest of the world, when it is infact worse in nearly every way right now.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Thought so, been a long time, not sure if anyone is even still reading those transcripts.

It's proven Bush made war against Iraq with lies, causing by some estimates 1 million death, let alone the fire which spread in the whole middle east since then becoming bigger each day, won't be ever charged.
But Manning exposing some wrongdoings, the most shocking thing we have seen as far as I know it from manning is that some heli was shooting at unarmed people/journalist, yea those 35 years seem in comparision just right.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingYou
DAAAAAFUUUQQQQQ.

USA IS SICK

edit on 21-8-2013 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

USA is sick? The guy compromised national security by stealing government documents. This isn't a guy who was trying to highlight violations of civil or constitutional liberties. What he did was clearly treason.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

A light sentence when he broke no laws?? Again you are supposed to be protected when there is serious crimes being committed by the government. My country does not even have the death penality or life sentence, so probably would not do so much. And you even assuming this shows again that you have been brainwashed since you apparently think that USA is so much better than rest of the world, when it is infact worse in nearly every way right now.

Maybe you missed the part about Brad releasing classified documents. That would be the law that was broken. He was tried in a military court because he was in the military. If your country has a military, then they also have military courts and laws. Maybe they don't have such cases at present. Check your history.

I said nothing about the USA being "so much better than the rest of the world." That is what you said. The USA is what it is. So far there are far more immigrants to the US than emigrants from the US, so for some it is better than where they are now. I find that all countries I have visited have good and bad aspects. Probably your country, as fine as it is, has some things that are not so good. Maybe you are asleep and don't realize it.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Manning wasn't a whistleblower, he was a spy. Plain and simple, and he got off lucky if you ask me.

If he was a whistleblower, there are ways to go about it, that would have protected him, instead, he did a file dump on Assange's website, exposing vital information to enemies of the United States.

He is lucky he only got 35 years.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

And you miss that these classified documents documented crimes done by your own government. When there are crimes involved it makes the case much different.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Where is the link? All I see is bold text.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
But Jaimie Diamond is a free man? The economy 's creator was Charles Ponzi? The theiving uber rich bastards are getting richer and everyone else is gettin poorer. Manning is a bona fide hero for the whole f$ckin planet! Where is Justice? Where is she?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I wonder if that idiot moderator who had his "Patriot and proud" thread still feels the same? course he does.
The sentence is a disgrace.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I agree hey should have given Manning the death penalty.

Others would be just crazy exposing wrongdoings in the future, they would think 3 times more.

Thing is, you just tieing a rope arround your own neck exposing wrongdoings, better flee the country and get away relative unharmed with doing something you feel is right.

Is that what I said? No.. That's absolutely not what I said. It's never been what I've said.

I said, 20 years HE ALREADY PLEAD GUILTY TO HIMSELF would have been fitting. He accepted that much, willingly. They should have been happy with that.

Look, I don't have sympathy for the kid. When I was with Occupy, if things had gone to hell up there and I got jammed up hard (which could easily have happened a couple times) I wouldn't have been crying and whining and throwing a pity party, looking for sympathy.

You pay your money, you take your chances and sometimes? You lose. I happened to win my risk and it all worked out...this time. It won't stop me from doing it again. He lost.....after he hid like a rat and had to be discovered and dragged into the light to see.

Really... Lets not go feeding words into each others mouth, even with sarcasm. It's unbecoming.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

And you miss that these classified documents documented crimes done by your own government. When there are crimes involved it makes the case much different.

No, it doesn't. He released information that he shouldn't have. He was tried and found guilty under the UCMJ.

If there were crimes committed, countries may file complaints to the world court.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Mr. Obama, please free Bradley Manning. I was watching Schindler's list this weekend and the guy says to his friend that real power is having the ability to kill someone and to give their life back. This war was admittedly and on record a pile of lies. It is unjust to keep him in prison for this very reason. I know your people read everything so hope this gets back to you.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by HUMBLEONE

But Jaimie Diamond is a free man? The economy 's creator was Charles Ponzi? The theiving uber rich bastards are getting richer and everyone else is gettin poorer. Manning is a bona fide hero for the whole f$ckin planet! Where is Justice? Where is she?

YEAH! That's what I'm saying too!!!!!
JAMIE DIMON is a person who belongs in PRISON....

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MindBodySpiritComplex

You know Michael Hastings is dead, .... right?

Yeah.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join