It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manning sentenced to 35 years

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Not saying that I support the sentencing or the prosecution of whistle blowers but this man took an oath when he enlisted in the army and he leaked crucial information that was not supposed to be leaked.

He violated the rules, and like a lot of you like to say..this is a country of laws and they must be followed. He broke the law and now he's being punished.

I'd consider myself lucky if I were him.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

he leaked crucial information that was not supposed to be leaked.

Oh man, that is too funny.

You actually believe that crap too don't you.

He leaked video of thugs mowing down humans. Just like Snowden Leaked info that the government lies and spies.

OOOh "but he wasn't supposed to"

The "law" means jack-snip when the Government takes the gloves off first pal.

Internet slap for you.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Knowing that he faced treason, death and life sentencing, I think 35 years is definitely a lighter sentence, when compared to what others were pushing for... Such a crazy situation and with cases like this one, you know more soldiers will just put their head down and do as they are told. Too much of a risk...

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Manning's sentence unjustifiably harsh, crimes he exposed remain unpunished - Moscow Moscow has slammed the “harsh” sentence for US Army Pfc. Bradley Manning, saying it was apparently meant to scare away other whistleblowers, and was not up to human rights standards. DETAILS TO FOLLOW

What crimes did he expose to the light of the world? What is it that Russia knows that we dont?

RT
edit on 8/21/2013 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
William Calley spent a grand total of three and a half years under house arrest after committing mass murder at My La.

Discusting

edit on 21-8-2013 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Truth is Treason in an Empire of Lies......Dr. R. Paul

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta

Manning's sentence unjustifiably harsh, crimes he exposed remain unpunished - Moscow Moscow has slammed the “harsh” sentence for US Army Pfc. Bradley Manning, saying it was apparently meant to scare away other whistleblowers, and was not up to human rights standards. DETAILS TO FOLLOW

What crimes did he expose to the light of the world? What is it that Russia knows that we dont?

RT

Is this a video game to you ?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
manning destroyed himself. I would have some sympathy if he only leaked genuine abuses or info that was in the public interest. He dumped thousands of diplomatic cables without even looking to see what they were.

Some of the cables he leaked contained the names of people if found to be communicating with the US gvt could be in deep trouble or even killed.

Mannings an idiot

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
SICKENING.

Yet Jamie Dimon remains "free" and only has to pay his shareholders' money to stay out of trouble.

G.W.Bush committed war crimes, which Obama has ratcheted UP with this asinine "war on terror" (more of a war OF terror - every drone strike creates more terrorists). Yet they are both "free".

I think Manning's imprisonment will be akin to Mandella's - he'll emerge an honored hero.

I wonder, can he still receive the Nobel Peace Prize if he's in military prison? Sure hope so. THAT would be a slap in the face of this eff-all Administration.

SICKENING.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
More posts here on this thread that was shut down.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

People need to stand up and stand behind him no matter what and the governments are basically playing waiting games with Fukushima. That means they are waiting for us to die. Thats what is in office, so we don't have power in a culling, except we need to show NO FEAR and never give in to EVIL. So, we need to problem solve on what to do.
edit on 21-8-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
According to Wikileaks:

Significant strategic victory in Bradley Manning case. Bradley Manning now elegible for release in less than 9 years, 4.4 in one calculation

link

link

@3ristar President Obama perhaps should pardon Bradley Manning.

link

Btw, a win for @RonPaul is a win for @wikileaks and Bradley Manning.

edit on 21-8-2013 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Who said anything about a game? I was asking what did he uncover,? and why is it that Russia is so concerned with this whole mess.

I see its all over war crimes, i want to know the extent of the incident or incidents.

“When the USA’s interests are at stake, the American judicial system, as in the case of Bradley Manning, takes unjustifiably harsh decisions based on the principle of 'let’s teach them so that it doesn’t become a habit' – and without any glance at the human rights aspects,” Russian Foreign Ministry’s special representative for human rights, Konstantin Dolgov told reporters on Wednesday. Calling Manning’s case an example of US “double standards in regard with the supremacy of law and human rights,” Dolgov argued it showed that America’s claims for leadership in those respects are “groundless.”

An RT update made my previous question irrelevant.

The Foreign Ministry official then cited international human rights groups – including those in based in the US – who believe Manning has revealed “widespread abuses on the part of the US Army during operations in Iraq and Afghanistan, including the deaths of civilian, the torture of prisoners, as well as the other grave abuses of the international human rights law. ”

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
We need to wake up, round table agreements to support and protect whistleblowers, and we also need to live by and practice what Bruce Lee gifted us with: The Way of the Intercepting Fist.

We are not to cower and ignore what they're doing. Nor aggressively throw a revolution and get bad karma. Rather, assertively, actively, forsee their moves before they happen and flow with the strong resistance and block them all, only errupting into martial arts defense, and fighting in defense if needed in the moment of protection.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Its not a problem until its a problem? So do we just go against the government and sit back and wait for the drones to arrive?

I like your thought process, but being proactive is a better choice.
It would take a majority of the nation to get anything changed. These people only understand power structure. If the populace of the US stood in an unorganized yet organized fashion keeping the leaders of the movement out of sight we may have a chance.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Amerika will be 'forever' remembered as the disgrace of the human race. It will be so bad that the Nazis will even be forgotton.
I for one, will NEVER trust an american again.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The public should be outraged. But due to an Uninformed public, Manipulated News, and no people in power with a real backbone. He will be forgotten, and left in Jail for a long time. I hate that a few in power can bring down an entire country, the history books will not be written very good for this period in time.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Expose the truth about wrongdoings and you get 35 years and then he's even Lucky.

The world is going upside down with what's right and wrong where people even don't know anymore what's good or bad (or even care!), sadly.

You only have to listen to this speech starting at 1:12.00
to understand this:

edit on 21-8-2013 by Plugin because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Manning may have started off with a moral leg to stand on; had he just stuck to releasing information on the war crimes.

However he did not, did he?

He went on, willingly and knowingly to release classified and secret information to a foreign national. A foreign national who _has_ tried to use that information in a manner that would damage the United States.

Frankly he should have received the death penalty, but his cult of blindly fanatical followers would have rioted. So I have no doubt that there was an element of political arse [redacted] going on behind the scenes.

I wish him all the joy in the world with his new found friend and lover, Bubba.

M.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moshpet
Manning may have started off with a moral leg to stand on; had he just stuck to releasing information on the war crimes.

However he did not, did he?

He went on, willingly and knowingly to release classified and secret information to a foreign national. A foreign national who _has_ tried to use that information in a manner that would damage the United States.

Frankly he should have received the death penalty, but his cult of blindly fanatical followers would have rioted. So I have no doubt that there was an element of political arse [redacted] going on behind the scenes.

I wish him all the joy in the world with his new found friend and lover, Bubba.

M.

Yea some military guys serving the mighty Nazi Germany who swored the oath to Hitler/Germany, made a plan to kill Hitler.
They almost succeeded but payed with their lives. Justice served.

Also:

"I am in this race to tell the corporate lobbyists that their days of setting the agenda in Washington are over. I have done more than any other candidate in this race to take on lobbyists -- and won. They have not funded my campaign, they will not run my White House, and they will not drown out the voices of the American people when I am president."

-- Barack Obama, Speech in Des Moines, IA
November 10, 2007

"Protect Whistleblowers: Often the best source of information about waste, fraud, and abuse in government is an existing government employee committed to public integrity and willing to speak out. Such acts of courage and patriotism, which can sometimes save lives and often save taxpayer dollars, should be encouraged rather than stifled. We need to empower federal employees as watchdogs of wrongdoing and partners in performance. Barack Obama will strengthen whistleblower laws to protect federal workers who expose waste, fraud, and abuse of authority in government. Obama will ensure that federal agencies expedite the process for reviewing whistleblower claims and whistleblowers have full access to courts and due process. "

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Manning asks Obama for pardon, will pay ‘high price’ if not granted

Bradley Manning’s defense team will file a pardon request to US president Barack Obama early next week, or will ask to commute the Private’s sentence.

DETAILS TO FOLLOW

rt.com...

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join