It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manning sentenced to 35 years

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Manning sentenced to 35 years

A military judge today sentenced Army Pfc. Bradley Manning to 35 years in prison. In addition, his rank is being reduced, and he will forfeit all pay and benefits and be dishonorably discharged.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
This is a tragic, as it is a sigh of relief. A maximum of 92, minimum of 20.

I believe he still got shafted, but hopefully he will be out within 10 due to good behavior and being a non-violent offender; however, when he gets out (with the Internet and all), I'm sure he will be more "dangerous" to the gov't the 2nd time around.

Edit: My bad, this is Military prison and not civilian. He will do every bit of the 35 years, with time already served.
edit on 21-8-2013 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I was hoping for the minimum.

Too bad for him. But the message is there.... whistleblowing will not be tolerated.
Maybe our President Obama will pardon him (I know better) , since he campaigned on being a supporter of whistleblowers and had spoken out in favor of whistleblower protection as a US Senator?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Is that 35 years max? And is there a minimum?

If like you said he out in 10 years he got lucky. They could have thrown away the key.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
DAAAAAFUUUQQQQQ.

USA IS SICK

edit on 21-8-2013 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Aug 21 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Appalling.....

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Poor bloke.

And those swine in the banks got how long in prison for wrecking the worlds economy?

There is no justice anymore, if there ever was.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I am surprised. I honestly expected him to spend the rest of his life in prison.
Sucks for him that he will be old when he gets out, if he survives prison but at least he will get out.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Land of the free... and hooomeee of the brave! If there ever was a need for presidential pardon this is it.

link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Under military law, the sentence will be automatically appealed. He would probably be eligible for parole after he served one-third or 10 years of his sentence, whichever is longer.

Manning sentenced to 35 years in espionage case

link   
I don't actually recall being this MAD at a peice of news before - If I ever see Obama, Ima slap him round the face and laugh all the way to my detention centre. Sick ffin pigs!!

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
This is a tragic, as it is a sigh of relief. A maximum of 92, minimum of 20.

I believe he still got shafted, but hopefully he will be out within 10 due to good behavior and being a non-violent offender; however, when he gets out (with the Internet and all), I'm sure he will be more "dangerous" to the gov't the 2nd time around.

He will never get out alive. IMO

He has been reported to have gender and sexuality issues, and in a general prison environment that will make him an instant target...

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
When you're do bad, you go to prison. When the government does bad, you go to prison.

Brilliant logic, and your sitting and letting it happen. Good work guys

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingYou
I don't actually recall being this MAD at a peice of news before - If I ever see Obama, Ima slap him round the face and laugh all the way to my detention centre. Sick ffin pigs!!

You wont laughing to anywere as Obama SS goons will shot you dead.......

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Land of the free... and hooomeee of the brave! If there ever was a need for presidential pardon this is it.

Oh i think the president has done waaaay too much to be pardoned.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Maybe Assange should release one of those encryption keys..........you know, level the playing field.

The info could exonerate Manning and Jail some high level twits all in the one foul swoop.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Boooo! American military are traitors to the american people. Takes courage to stand up and do the right thing, especially with a collateral like 35 years of your free life lost. At least its not a cross...

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ausername

But, if he does, can you imagine what kind of life he is going to have?
Just about the same as on the inside, with the government knowing everything, including his potty schedule, and every time he sneezes.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Strewth

Maybe he will after he's elected into the Australian Senate?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strewth
Maybe Assange should release one of those encryption keys..........you know, level the playing field.

The info could exonerate Manning and Jail some high level twits all in the one foul swoop.

This.

It makes you think, what use is having all these leaked cables if no one but wikileaks is allowed to see/are privy to see them.
Is it blackmail or is it the files are not that interesting?
I'm genuinely curious to the reasoning of not actually leaking them.

I know it would cause a S***storm and maybe some info should NOT be out there but it's time to do a show of force.

Or is wikileaks just a distraction, a cause we can rally but merely is controlled opposition designed to remove our internet rights by causing a leak of files which could equate to espionage.

I guess only time will tell. Until further proof I'm still very much on the side of wikileaks.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join