It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I am your worst nightmare!" - shooter over $10

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Things continue to get worse here in Baltimore. 20 shooting in 80 hours! Apparently this one is over a matter of $10? A couple is shot dead in their home with the mother holding her infant child.

I may move to Detroit!
edit on 8/21/2013 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
20 shootings, This is why I have my guns. Ill stick to defending myself, family or anyone, in a life or death sitaution, before I wait for the police. Police are not going to be there, when everything goes to hell in a matter of seconds.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Glassbender777

Whatever helps you sleep at night. But, my personal opinion is this...the more bullets that fly, the more people get hit. I would never expect anyone to give up their guns because I am a "free-will" type of guy, but, sometimes things don't go as "planned."

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewEye77
reply to post by Glassbender777

Whatever helps you sleep at night. But, my personal opinion is this...the more bullets that fly, the more people get hit. I would never expect anyone to give up their guns because I am a "free-will" type of guy, but, sometimes things don't go as "planned."

While they may not go as planned, at least you stand a chance against an armed attacker trying to kill you for $10. I would say with or without gun, things did not go as planned for the victims. Personally I would rather have mine to at least have a chance at a different plan....

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedParrotHead
Things continue to get worse here in Baltimore. 20 shooting in 80 hours! Apparently this one is over a matter of $10? A couple is shot dead in their home with the mother holding her infant child.

I may move to Detroit!

While I understand, I would like to say that we have double to triple or even quadruple that in Chicago.... Over your sneakers, the color clothes you wear even just because "Someone" doesn't like you...

Its a sad state of affairs, and your absolutely correct. It's just getting worse. Would this have happened if the family utilized there 2nd amendment rights??? I'm not one to say yes or no... But I feel that would have kept them better prepaired for "just in case".

This is the new milenium, you can't sleep with your doors unlocked, you have to look over your shoulder when passing a stranger. You have to be ready to "move it" or "loose it", if you are weak, I am sorry to say that if you don't, you may become a victim.
And yes everything I just stated, I do in the real. I'm not paranoid. I'm prepared. To fight for mine if I have to, if not, I'll be the peaceful turtle dove.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I bet the numbers will go up even higher, looks like local police have lost the ability to provide the needed coverage.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by RedParrotHead

So you're from Baltimore too, huh? Yup, things aren't getting better, that's why I moved up to Harford County. I get depressed when ever I visit my grandparents in Dundalk and see how much it has changed since I was a kid!

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

I would like to say that we have double to triple or even quadruple that in Chicago....

Quadruple!?! If you're saying that in Chicago there is up to 1 shooting every hour - then you win! I'm not ever going to Chicago.

I found these numbers on 2013 so far...neither look good
Baltimore:
621,000 citizens
Killed in 2013: 151

Chicago:
2,715,000 citizens
Killed in 2013: 250

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Out in the country, takes the police time to get here, which is why we're all armed. Something crooks likely consider out here.....

top topics

join