It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Looks Upon the World

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeussusZ

You say " it seems to me", well it seems to me as well.

It wouldn't make much sense in an argument against God's omniscience, to claim that for myself.

You probably did a Google search and found a web page that lists verses in the Bible that "prove" God knows everything including things that haven't happened yet. That is me guessing, based on my familiarity with these verses from earlier discussions, on this forum, of the same topic.
So, I don't feel like I am arguing against you as much as whoever published the page. I think people want to believe things they are told because it gives them the feeling that the universe is then "safe". I say it's not, including taking other people's word for it that certain things are true.
This is a finite and provable thing, whether the Bible says it or not, which is not as difficult as trying to prove something about God otherwise. My point is that you have people making claims about God not based on the Bible, which brings to my mind the question, 'Where do they get this knowledge?'
They don't, they just make it up and then tell someone what they think, then that person believes it if the person telling them seems 'credible'.

I'm OK with both of us being right, as this is my experience here and yours is yours.
Right about what? That you believe a web site is right if it says God knows ahead of time everything that is ever going to happen? Can you explain how those verses prove that?
I've given my explanation why I think those verses don't prove that. Do you think it is all worthless because I add into it "it seems to me" rather than pretending to be God Himself and everything I think has to be true?
Do you have a cult leader that gets up and says, "I know, absolutely, this is true" and you believe whatever he tells you from that point, including these powers that he is ascribing to this entity, 'God according to your cult'?
Here is what you posted earlier along with some Bible quotes, "I think is stated quite clearly god is all knowing. Past, present and the future.", without any explanation as to why you think those verses make that assumption correct.
edit on 26-8-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

I would say that God like human parents looks on us in hope that we make good and wise choices in life.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join