It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what happens when a good cop says no to quotas?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
The video is a 3:51 interview with John Stossel...The officer was fired because he disagreed with department policy on writing 100 tickets a month.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
There is a good cop / there goes a good cop! Yes, out the door!

This is the point. People say there are good cops and bad cops. There are only bad cops. So long as a cop does not stand up and say 'no!' they are not good cops.

The system is broken!

Heil!

P

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I expected that he was fired when I saw the title.

Law enforcement is mainly a revenue enhancing tool for municipalities. I have heard cops say that they don't bother pulling over people that look poor for traffic violations because they end up costing the government money.... they don't have the money to pay a ticket, end up having a warrant drawn up on them, then they cost the government money to incarcerate them when they are arrested for the warrant.

I had a service van towed (it was legally parked) in Philadelphia once. It was parked for only 5 minutes before they towed it. It cost hundreds of dollars to get it out of impound and at the impound one was treated to seeing commercial service trucks lined up, waiting to be 'bailed out'. No old junker cars... hardly any passenger cars at all.
It is nothing more than a money-making venture.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Law enforcement is mainly a revenue enhancing tool for municipalities.

In some (if not all) of the communities/towns/cities I have to agree...Good luck on fighting a speed trap ticket.... or so I have been told because the local yokel judge is part of the system to scalp...

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Then look at the forfeiture incomes of many smaller municipalities along "drug trade" routes. A New Yorker article from the Aug 12-19 issue titled "Taken" is very, very troubling.

There have been other exposes' on this modern piracy by police and D.A.s and it's not just in LA and TX anymore. They prey on those that are either actual law breakers (and heck, today they could always find SOME law you're breaking) or on those that are too poor to fight it in court, not that fighting it will help when you have the D.A. and Judge against you in a rigged court.

The goods and cash taken in in some of these tiny towns is in the MILLIONS and they pay "bonuses" to the cops pulling people over... sometimes as much as 20 grand in addition to their salaries.

One instance told of someone driving to get dental work done and carrying $6,000 that they had saved over a decade and having it confiscated after a stop for driving in the left lane too long... or another had their money ripped off and when they complained, the authorities threatened them with having Child Protective Services come and take their kids... and when they capitulated and gave the cops their money, the cops forgot about CPS, so the danger to the kids must've been legit... riiiight.

This is in the States, not some third world banana republic... well, the States are turning into a Ripoffcracy pretty fast, here.

The crap going on is getting overwhelming... well, I guess it always has been, but lately... wow.

edit on 8/21/2013 by Baddogma because: adding stuff

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
In order to be a good cop, you have to be a whistleblower. But look at how they treated Snowden and Manning. Let's people know how difficult it is to be one...

new topics

top topics

join