It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the point in keeping information from us?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Please move if in wrong forum

I have long been in discussion about what "They" hide from us. we all speculate and many people have got famous from it... Dare I mention John Lear and Bob Lazar.

No matter what happens in the discussions and arguments of conspiracy theories, there is never anything settled. Even stuff that gets "De-Bunked" is still believed by people in some way or another.

Now I know that here on Earth, sometimes it is important that the governments keep things from us, whether it's right or wrong, that's not up to us, but some things are hidden to stop society collapsing and so on an so forth. You know what I mean right?

But why hide space from us? I really do not understand why they, if there is anything to hide that is, hide the truth from us.

Let's say for example, that Mars once had a civilization living on it, and that it did have water, and that something must of happened that the occupants left. Why hide that from us? What is that going to change here? Apart from maybe starting the biggest thread ever on ATS.

There is no security at threat, nothing will change as far as I see. So what is the point? Can someone give me a fully grounded reason to why they have to hide it from us?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
ur pretty much primitive spiritually dying animals. inclined to violence and other forms of degrading humanity. telling u the truth makes you react unpredictably and detrimentally. u got to get it in stages or some members of the class will go berzerk.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
knowlage is power and power is all some people/group crave if you knew that other advanced cultures had existed in the past on this planet would you be any happier or if you knew you were a genetic freak of nature totally alien to the planet could you handle it i do not think the control mechanism of religion could but then again i could be wrong but i might be right
s&f for a deep question
edit on 21/8/13 by geobro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by brace22

Let's say for example, that Mars once had a civilization living on it, and that it did have water, and that something must of happened that the occupants left. Why hide that from us?

They aren't hiding anything. There is science about why no life on Mars. It goes something like this....

Mars is to small to have a molten core to spin to generate an electromagnetic field to shield the planet from the suns radiation which sterilizes the surface which prohibits life.

Or something like that.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I wasn't arguing the science of Mars. I was using it as an example.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by geobro

Very good point my friend. How religion would react to that I have no idea. I doubt very well?

Knowledge is power. However it should be power we put to use. If we knew about happier, more advanced and peaceful races out in space, we should all know about them so we can aim to reach their heights of evolution.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by brace22

Let's say for example, that Mars once had a civilization living on it, and that it did have water, and that something must of happened that the occupants left. Why hide that from us? What is that going to change here? Apart from maybe starting the biggest thread ever on ATS.

don't get offended...but that's pretty naive.

Obviously you don't understand the inner workings of this system we live in. Majority of the population believes that their God created the earth and put people here. And that people are God's favorites. Entire religions are based on that notion. The entire culture of subjugation and control of population is based on this belief. Non-believers are something like 0,5-1 % of the population.

It is for the same reason many of the conspiracies like 9/11 or Kennedy murder will always remain conspiracies.

Because the system depends on people to have faith in infalabillity of those that govern us...or those that we believe in. If it ever became public (ac)knowledge...that Bible lies, or that governments are a group of self serving idiots that don't really care for the little men...there would be chaos...

Until that happens...they have a warm "comforting conspiracy theorists are nutjobs" blanket to keep the truth from being found out. And although known fact...until they officially confirm it...they can ignore it.

Admitting there are were civilizations on Mars, one has to admit many more things...that don't go inline with today's accepted paradigm, upon which many have great careers and wealth that need to be protected from any groundbreaking "truths".

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by brace22

those that are hoarding the info and keeping it are more interested in profit and not people if you read up on it and watch the markets and look at who owns the news

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Oh I'm not offended.

Half a % do not believe? I am sorry but I cannot believe that. I hate to say it but I would need some evidence for that. Because that would definitively mean that all my friends, family and co-workers, bar or 2, are religious. And I can confirm that is not the case.

I understand what you are saying though, how if we go off what "The Bible" says, then it's just chaos. But surely space shouldn't even exist if that is the case? Isn't the world all on it's own?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by brace22

There is a difference between what is right and what is the Law. A government have the Power to make moral actions illigal by Law. Not alway to protect you but to protect immoral actions commited by the government.

Knowledge is not just Power, it is a active tool to controll Public opinion.

911 is a very good example of this knowledge in use. A absured investigation by the government is given to the Public to argue back and forth. There is no presure on the governmts at all.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by brace22
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Oh I'm not offended.

Half a % do not believe? I am sorry but I cannot believe that. I hate to say it but I would need some evidence for that. Because that would definitively mean that all my friends, family and co-workers, bar or 2, are religious. And I can confirm that is not the case.

I understand what you are saying though, how if we go off what "The Bible" says, then it's just chaos. But surely space shouldn't even exist if that is the case? Isn't the world all on it's own?

that number was a wild guess...don't hold me to it. But indeed...a very very small percentage of the entire world's population are...non-believers in literal sense.

edit:

anyway...to cut a long story short...and to answer the question from your title...

Knowledge is power...and power is never shared willingly.
edit on 21-8-2013 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Now I know that here on Earth, sometimes it is important that the governments keep things from us, whether it's right or wrong, that's not up to us, but some things are hidden to stop society collapsing and so on an so forth. You know what I mean right?

Well that's simply not true. The only reason governments need to hide things from us is because they are morally corrupt and do things "in our name" that had we known we would obviously object. Of course they say its for us be we all know the truth....it's for the 1%.

So to answer your question of why, knowledge is power, simple as that. If everyone knew then how can you claim power?
edit on 21-8-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Bull puppy! Nothing to do with size. If i was a betting man I'd say its something to do with that gigantic scar across the planet.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by brace22

For starters it would have huge issues in religion, at least now it would. Many religions state we are it, there are people who still believe the dinosaurs didnt exist. What do you think aliens being in the mix would do. As well it drops many "world leading" nations to just below the bottom of an advanced modern power. If a more advanced species is admitted to have existed it opens more doors. How did they perish? Will we suffer the same fate, the. It opens the door for more advances apecies that could be responsible for UFO sightings here, as well the potential they are hostile. I seriously think the worlds powers love that there are people all over the world who think these physics defying objects might be secret military projects. What better deterant aside from a nuke exists. A super secret object no person seems to be able to explain.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rosinitiate
reply to post by intrptr

Bull puppy! Nothing to do with size. If i was a betting man I'd say its something to do with that gigantic scar across the planet.

You mean mass not "size", right?

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Please move if in wrong forum

I have long been in discussion about what "They" hide from us. we all speculate and many people have got famous from it... Dare I mention John Lear and Bob Lazar.

No matter what happens in the discussions and arguments of conspiracy theories, there is never anything settled. Even stuff that gets "De-Bunked" is still believed by people in some way or another.

But why hide space from us? I really do not understand why they, if there is anything to hide that is, hide the truth from us.

There is no security at threat, nothing will change as far as I see. So what is the point? Can someone give me a fully grounded reason to why they have to hide it from us?

Whilst i am in no position to scorn or mock or question people in the conspiracy theory `industry`.. i will absolutly admit that there are many paranoid people out there who are far too hasty to call everything a conspiracy and accuse governments of covering things up
edit on 22-8-2013 by 50swesterns because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by 50swesterns

CIAgypsy is doing a bit of spewing info trying to say there isn't an "Illumnati" while pretty much admitting she is part of it on her thread "ILLUMINATI.... blamed for everything"

Go read that thread - she gets goated into saying a WHOLE BUNCH of info that us little people aren't supposed to know about.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

reply to post by intrptr

I wasn't arguing the science of Mars. I was using it as an example.

Fine. You asked...

The same reason the Catholic church preached the world was flat and at the center of the Universe. They claimed ultimate authority and wisdom but had that (flat earth) wrong. If they admit their mistake then they lose that authority and control over the people. So instead they burned people at the stake for heresy i.e., going against the will of the crown, which in their time was the same as going against the will of god. So they had to maintain the lie even after telescopes were invented proving their edicts wrong.

I don't quite know what secrets they may be keeping today because they are still secrets. Which is hard to believe considering how hard it is to keep them. Look at Snowden and Manning.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Let's say for example, that Mars once had a civilization living on it, and that it did have water, and that something must of happened that the occupants left. Why hide that from us? What is that going to change here? Apart from maybe starting the biggest thread ever on ATS. There is no security at threat, nothing will change as far as I see. So what is the point? Can someone give me a fully grounded reason to why they have to hide it from us?
reply to post by brace22

Hey Brace22: Why, indeed?

Ummmm, maybe because whatever ended it there, it's being revised and tried again here......and in the eternal interests of control, which would have ended it "there," none "in the know" would discuss it in case of jeopardizing the last goal that was not realized, quite obviously.

This is the nature of control, is it not? For you cannot control a civilization, have a master class, which directly implies a slave class to serve it, just as a failed attempt at colonization in that vein, would warranted keeping the slaves sleeping, for their awakening to what was transpiring, perhaps, would be the biggest reason for the first failure (or whatever number of tries have already happened, possibly)......so that's the nature of control. That the controlled do not know what the controllers are doing, nor their agendas, nor even whom they are?

Seems kinda simple. But maybe it's late, and this is not such a simple concept to others as it to me, forever knowing what living with control and isolation and those effects mean and their effects..............
Tetra50

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Thanks for your responses guys.

I get the feeling though that nobody seems to like the fact I am asking this question? I am not complaining about the heat I enjoy it as it shows passion on the subject.

I just find it a lil ironic, that here on ATS we try to uncover the truth about things, yet when someone questions why we are kept from the truth, people don't like it.

I understand what you guys are saying. "Knowledge is power", its like people like having their government keeping secrets to use to rule them.

Are people scared to know the truth?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join