It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activists say more than 200 killed in gas attack near Damascus

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by theman1111
does the opposition even have access to these chemical weapons to fake an attack by the syrian regime? because i seen a documentary on the rebels and thay are just a rag tag army with small arms. not saying thay have deliberately used chemical weapons on there own people, nor am i saying the syrian army used them. but i just can't see civilians having the know how to use such weapons without accidently killing there self's using them or rounding up the the local opposition forces and saying right lads, we are just going to use some of assad's chemicals to wipe out as many of our own people as possible, without having some or most people not willing to use such weapons on the very people thay claim to be helping to gain sympathy from the outside world? not sure just a thought.

How you define "rebel". These people are fighting with tanks, artillery, anti-tank missiles and anti-materiel rifles.
They are firing rockets and air-defense guns.

However chemical warhead tipped rocket can be fired from any moving truck, even from inside a house.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

I'm sorry but this guy needs to be wiped from the face of the Earth (and all his helpers).

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
At least three rockets fired from Lebanon land in Northern Israel
rt.com...

There is no news yet, so I can't make thread about it, but the timing is incredible.
I think the NATO hoped the GAS massacre would get more country's to pick up arms, didn't work so now Israel being hit?

Might be a bit far fetched, but I think this is connected.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrkn4livn

I'm sorry but this guy needs to be wiped from the face of the Earth (and all his helpers).

And who else you want to kill? There are lot of people in the same category, even in the US. Perhaps you should start with your own country.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by johncarter

that looks very staged.

none of them have a tinge like the Iraq kurds did in Hallabja
None of them have puffy faces
None of their legs are open and stiff.

dunno.. looks staged!

edit on 21-8-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

Maybe it looks staged because you are trying to convince yourself that people are not being killed or gassed. That it is an unworldly thing to do to human life. That the people in the video are lying side by side...looking as if they still have life in them while their skin and body remain normal in appearance.

You have to understand that chemical warfare is a totally different kind of act. Not every enemy uses the same gas around the world. Some chemicals produce different side effects.
List of Chemical Warfare Agents
Manual of Side Effects of CWA
Another Link to Side Effects of CWA

In Iraq, nerve gas was used on the people.

In Syria, nerve agents were also used on the people.

The question is which nerve chemical was used?!

In my opinion, the video of the people lying side by side to one another does not look staged to me. I think there is really bad stuff going on in Syria, and I feel terrible for the innocent victims.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
"Brig. Gen. Yoav Mordechai, a military spokesman, said the firing appeared to be an isolated incident that wouldn't become a larger confrontation."

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Originally posted by Senduko
At least three rockets fired from Lebanon land in Northern Israel
rt.com...

There is no news yet, so I can't make thread about it, but the timing is incredible.
I think the NATO hoped the GAS massacre would get more country's to pick up arms, didn't work so now Israel being hit?

Might be a bit far fetched, but I think this is connected.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs

Originally posted by kykweer
It seems fishy that "they" attack Damascus.

But the sheer amount of videos posted, I assume from various users made me sit up and take notice.

I really think that the groups involved with this civil war are playing to Western Cultures dependence on mainstream media. They release videos and photos showing the horrors committed by both sides trying to win over public support.

I have seen videos and photos of people apparently being killed or injured several times in several different locations. I have seen pictures of staged photo ops. Its becoming hard to determine what is real.

Its a war for media coverage.

ETA: Yes, i have started to consider Youtube mainstream, as it has become one of the single most accessible (currently anyways) sources for publicly posted news/video.
edit on 21-8-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

Well I agree the youtube could be a powerful weapon, but we can't rule out the possibility that this is real, and if it is then someone did it, even if not the Government.

In the possibility it is a hoax, it is extremely well planned in its "spontaneous ness".

Youtube is also an extremely effective weapon to defend yourself.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

I am fairly sure that chemical weapons have been used.

Not sure at all that Asad is stupid enough to set them off in his own back yard though. On top of that he will know that such an attack will be jumped on by the US, giving them the excuse they need to stick their nose in, and frowned upon by the rest of the world community.

This couldn't have worked out better if the US government had planned it themselves.........hold on?

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I see lots of scoffers here, some people are so blinded by 'skepticism' that they won't believe anything. And yet, it is so typical for such nations to kill each other even with bio weapon. What's so unbelievable? Are you so naïve? It is too horrible for you to believe? How will you ever find things wrong in your governments and the truths that could be even more horrible if you dig your head in the sand like an ostrich? I think such people are just ... living in some pink world.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I don't think people know what to believe or who to trust anymore, particularly when dealing with mainstream media.

edit on 22-8-2013 by siriussam because: engaging brain.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Well there you are, the moment the West has been waiting for. The rebels, if you can call them that, most of them aren't even Syrian, they're not making enough progress. They've been armed to the teeth and anyone not thinking that US/UK Special Forces have been operating within to assist need to check the history books.

Personally, this doesn't make sense. Yes, no doubt there has been an attack on the innocent Syrian people, but I do not believe that this attack was ordered by the Syrian government. Why would it? The one thing the West has needed to get involved fully, in terms of military action, is a chemical attack, they've stated this time and time again. Why would the Syrian government now use chemical weapons? They know full well it escalate the matter and then why stop at one, they have a massive stock pile of chemical weapons, nerve gas every rebel stronghold in the country.

To me its BS, the whole situation is BS. US arming rebel scum with weapons, the same rebel scum that was shooting at Allied forces in Iraq just a few years ago, now they've wrecked Iraq, the CIA can use them to wreck Syria. How can anyone say that this situation is better than before this all exploded? Additionally, where is the evidence to support any post Assad era to be any better for the Syrian people? Iraq, total mess, deaths and violence daily. Libya, total mess, the same. Afghanistan, total mess. Egypt, on the way to being a total mess. The evidence is there, plain as day.

The western media can put all the anti Assad headlines and heart tugging string pictures all they like, my heart truly goes out to the Syrian people, but if I could offer any advice at all it would be to get behind their current government. Hell awaits should Assad's government fall.
edit on 22-8-2013 by SecretFace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687

If this is confirmed, then the "red line" may have been crossed in regards to what Obama has said for Syria.
(visit the link for the full news article)

It's been crossed twice now. But, I'm sure a WH spokesman will say that they're not aware of this story!

Remember, our position is that we have no position. How these people can sleep at night....oh, wait, they don't have to follow the same rules as 99% of the rest of us.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Where is Obama's concern for the children that were killed? That's a huge slaughter compared to anything that has happened in the U.S. Not one word? Is he playing golf today?

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
People assume or question what and how things go bump during thenight. Your free treat

"Who you gonna call" oh wait no need to....we already know...!

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I love it when they call them "Activists" and then even have the impertinence to cite them as source for their "news".

These are not activists but simple foreign funded and equipped jihadist terror groups. And I make every bet that they gassed the civilians by themselves. If there was gas at all that is.
edit on 22-8-2013 by H1ght3chHippie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taissa
Where is Obama's concern for the children that were killed? That's a huge slaughter compared to anything that has happened in the U.S. Not one word? Is he playing golf today?

What I want to know is why Obama's "red line" only applies to Assad and not the rebel forces. Why is it that if Assad uses chemical weapons, its a step too far over the line, but if the rebels do it, it's ok?

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

typical anti Obama BS.
No one has made a statement or set their position yet, all sides have demanded an investigation so they can decide.
A good leader does not make rash decisions in the spur of the moment.
Get off your anti-Obama horse and realize there's more to this situation.

...Here's a question, what would it take for you to approve Obama's response?

boots on the ground?
- what happens when the troops get ambushed and massacred?

Airstrikes?
- what happens when the planes get shot down?

Remove all aid?
- what happens when the USA loses all influence and Russia steps in and funds both sides?

There's so much involved here that ignorance will only further the suffering.

Me personally?

I don't think Obama or the west wants anything to do with this mess. I don't think it was them that started it.
I fully believe that all this is the doing of Israel. Israel realized America was not going to hit Iran, so they did the next best thing. Put the entire region into turmoil forcing the United States to either get involved or become a mute point.

Obama is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.. but you all pretend like he has a choice but chooses not to make it. stupid %*)(!*(%%&!)$ yank ignorance!

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImpactoR
I see lots of scoffers here, some people are so blinded by 'skepticism' that they won't believe anything. And yet, it is so typical for such nations to kill each other even with bio weapon. What's so unbelievable? Are you so naïve? It is too horrible for you to believe? How will you ever find things wrong in your governments and the truths that could be even more horrible if you dig your head in the sand like an ostrich? I think such people are just ... living in some pink world.

Nobody is questioning use of chemical weapons in Syria.

The only question is if the "Opposition" (FSA, Al Qaida, etc) have access to chemical weapons or not.

For all I know, Iraqi chemical warheads will be all over the place. It is very logical that Sunni opposition has chemical warheads.

So now we have two sides in civil war, both armed with chemicals.

Who do you support beyond posturing?

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

False Flags are used so much you can no longer see it

No mystery

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

The USA's military is being misused by vested interests who have cornered undue influence over the US government.

What interest USA has in Syria civil war? Not much. It does not affect well being of Americans.

However USA seems to be fighting Saudi's wars now. Petro-dollar has become so valuable.

There may be an air war as well as ground war soon, launched from Turkey in north and Jordan in south.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join