It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activists say more than 200 killed in gas attack near Damascus

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

I have seen the videos and pics not saying it didn't happen and I'm not saying it did happen but is that city full of children only? I would think that there would be more signs of chemicals being used such as a rash chemical burns...

As I said earlier something just don't smell right.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesaneone

I have seen the videos and pics not saying it didn't happen and I'm not saying it did happen but is that city full of children only? I would think that there would be more signs of chemicals being used such as a rash chemical burns...

Well rash and burns if it was mustard gas.

Sarin wouldnt nessarly cause that but the dead would be coverd in excrement.

Cyanide on the other hand would be quite "clean".

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesaneone

Well, if it does end up being a form of weaponized cyanide.. you would not really see chemical burns.

You die more from rapid cardiovascular collapse and edema.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Thanks I'm not too keen on what some weaponized chemicals can do to the skin.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
UN Security Council to hold emergency meeting based on the reports of chemical weapons used.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
UN Security Council to hold emergency meeting based on the reports of chemical weapons used.

There we go...

BOHICA.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Maybe they hit too big of a body count this time... I say this in reference to this statement, "As long as they keep body count at a certain level, we won't do anything," an American intelligence official admits.

Taken from - www.foreignpolicy.com... from 3 days ago.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I'm not well-versed on what happens to the body with the aforementioned chemicals, so I'm going to refrain from commenting on victims' appearances.

However, I will comment on the political manipulation this will be used for when tugging on the heartstrings of the public. We are very clearly much more than a day late, and significantly more than a dollar short on helping Syria. Both literally, and figuratively, we can't afford to police any more countries. We can't afford it fiscally, and we can't afford it on the diplomatic side. We have no money in the coffers to cover such a venture, and we have ruined ourselves abroad by forcing our cultural & political ideologies. We may be welcomed by a small number of Syrians now, but by sitting on our hands for so long, all we might garner is mass resentment (and rightfully so) because of that molasses pace.

We need to stay away from it. That's all these is to it. The Syrians, and the Middle East as a whole need to take care of their own problems. We can't make every culture think & act just like us, we can't rescue everyone. For the most part, this is a region of the world that needs to figure out how to save themselves before they're willing to BE "saved".

When Syria's problems first started, I was all for going in. I've done quite the 180 on that position, and no longer think it would accomplish much other than hurting our soldiers for nothing.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

I agree with you.. although it is a tragic turn of events and a sad example of how humanity can turn on each other, we should stay out unless we are giving humanitarian aid if needed. Though making sure the story is told is important in its own right.

Its really beyond time to start worrying about our homeland instead of policing the world.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Here is the 411 in Syria :

Pay attention to the game program as most people don't bother thinking about:

The assad regime is currently being backed by Iran,China,Russia,Pakistan (Shia group muslims backed by the east)

The 'rebels' are being backed by the Us,UK,Saudi,Qatar,Kuwait etc. (Sunni group muslims backed by the west)

Two distinct groups within Islam vying for dominance, and they don't care who get's hurt or in the way.

Are they above using chemical weapons ?

Hell no they are not.

Did they ?

I am not seeing REAL protective gear that WOULD be worn if it was such a serious threat.

We would be seeing MOPS suits, and such.

Be warned people there are quite a few people out there faking videos.

edit on 21-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I am not seeing REAL protective gear that WOULD be worn if it was such a serious threat.

We would be seeing MOPS suits, and such.

I don't think a lot of the groups involved with the opposition are the most well funded individuals. I have seen some people wearing camouflage colored pajamas trying to mimic military fatigues. I doubt they would have a HAZ MAT suit in their closet's.

I agree with the balance of your post

I really like the separation you have drawn between the Shiite and Sunni's and their respective backers. I think this conflict is about a lot more then current Assad regime politics.
edit on 21-8-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Interesting numbers on this website. I'm guessing a BS propoganda?

(Reuters) - Syria's opposition accused President Bashar al-Assad's forces of gassing many hundreds of people - by one report as many as 1,300 - on Wednesday in what would, if confirmed, be the world's worst chemical weapons attack in decades.

Western and regional countries called for U.N. chemical weapons investigators - who arrived in Damascus just three days ago - to be urgently dispatched to the scene of one of the deadliest incidents of the two-year-old civil war.

SOURCE

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

I don't think a lot of the groups involved with the opposition are the most well funded.

That is your real FSA as they have no corporate sponsors(east or west).

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I think you are right on this, Lets thin the herd out and divvy up the spoils of war.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
It seems fishy that "they" attack Damascus.

But the sheer amount of videos posted, I assume from various users made me sit up and take notice.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kykweer

But the sheer amount of videos posted, I assume from various users made me sit up and take notice.

No point in bringing that up now, everyone is too busy looking for the conspiracy to have time for empathy and compassion...

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I still find it odd that the FSA claimed to have shot down a 2nd helicopter in a week, in the exact same area just hours before this occurred.

Not much mention of that event is also quite strange.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kykweer

I really think that the groups involved with this civil war are playing to Western Cultures dependence on mainstream media. They release videos and photos showing the horrors committed by both sides trying to win over public support.

I have seen videos and photos of people apparently being killed or injured several times in several different locations. I have seen pictures of staged photo ops. Its becoming hard to determine what is real.

Its a war for media coverage.

ETA: Yes, i have started to consider Youtube mainstream, as it has become one of the single most accessible (currently anyways) sources for publicly posted news/video.
edit on 21-8-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
It could also be argued that in regard to Assad's chemical weapons, he could be in a use it or lose it situation, especially with the inspectors in Syria.

But no one would ever dare to look at it that way...

A desperate regime is capable of anything at this point.

Not saying that is what happened, but if you are going to start pointing fingers and laying blame you should at least consider all possible angles.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Activists?? oh you mean rebels/terrorists.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join