It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German goverment warns of Windows 8

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+38 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

German goverment warns of Windows 8

www.zeit.de

Windows 8 is an unacceptable security risk for companies and authorities, experts warn the government. The so-called Trusted Computing is a back door for the NSA. From Patrick Beuth
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
translate.google.de

+35 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I have included a link to an English translation of the original article.

It seems to me that large software companies, such as Microsoft, Google, Facebook, Amazon and others like them, are shooting themselves in the feet by creating backdoors or providing access to sensitive and private information.

Eventually people will no longer trust American providers. It's already happening. Contracts are being canceled. People are also becoming tech savvy and secure solutions to store your data and e-mails at home can be found almost anywhere, not to mention that these systems are cheap.

It seems that Snowden's revelations will have a deeper impact than anticipated. Sooner or later the government has to learn that it has to follow the same rules it expects its citizens to follow and that the Constitution is not just some piece of paper.

www.zeit.de
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 21-8-2013 by RageAgainstFascism because: style

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Wow! What a post!

This information, undoubtedly spurred by Snowden's revelations regarding the NSA's spying, could utterly annihilate the American IT industry!

The use of Trusted Platform Module (TPM) is a technology used to govern [enslave] a large percentage of the human race through never-ending surveillance [spying].

"Confidentiality and integrity is not guaranteed"

Instead, Microsoft could decide which programs can be installed on the computer, make already established programs unusable and subsequently help intelligence to control other computers.

WHOA!

Now that the actual technology and the system of surveillance behind it has been identified, there is no way that this will be acceptable -- not even to placid, apathetic Americans.

This is the beginning of the end for American dominance of the IT field.

edit on 21-8-2013 by antoinemarionette because: typos

edit on 21-8-2013 by antoinemarionette because: (added quote)

edit on 21-8-2013 by antoinemarionette because: (just checking :-))

edit on 21-8-2013 by antoinemarionette because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
The NSA/Snowden-affair WILL cost the IT-industry billions of dollars, and has already. All because foreign companies are not trusting the security of their data in the US-based cloud services anymore.

Hey, thank you, NSA.

We will save our data over here, because, you know.. your spying and copying of our companies valuable data as soon as it crosses into the USA!

And this will cost you dearly. Really, really dearly.

Maybe you people over there haven't realized it yet (NSA spying on other countries? Who cares?), but no *freaking* company in the world is trusting your cloud services anymore!

Have a nice one!

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

Nor should anyone trust American IT services until they clean up their act.

Indiscriminate spying on our own allies, not to mention our own citizens???

It's an outrage!
All the rest of the world needs to do is BOYCOTT them...

... and let nature take it's course.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope
The NSA/Snowden-affair WILL cost the IT-industry billions of dollars, and has already. All because foreign companies are not trusting the security of their data in the US-based cloud services anymore.

Hey, thank you, NSA.

We will save our data over here, because, you know.. your spying and copying of our companies valuable data as soon as it crosses into the USA!

And this will cost you dearly. Really, really dearly.

Maybe you people over there haven't realized it yet (NSA spying on other countries? Who cares?), but no *freaking* company in the world is trusting your cloud services anymore!

Have a nice one!

Turn off your sarcasm and your ignorance. Your post reeks of discrimination.

You say "you people" as if Americans aren't human beings, as if every American is the same.

As if Americans don't care what the NSA is doing. As if you are better than any American.

Get off your high horse, plenty of Americans are outraged.

S&F for the information provided in the original post. I can only hope foreign companies reluctant to use cloud and other services provided by American companies come up with alternative products & services. Lots of us will be interested in utilizing those services.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Well done Snowden!! Hero! Respect!!

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

I didn't hear a shred of "ignorance" or "arrogance" in ManFromEurope's post.

So that's just not fair.

What he is doing is stating a series of undeniable facts that Americans need to wake up to.

Fast.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
This is nothing new. Ever since windows was launched for the first time,
surveillance bit included in it was always there and it got better with every new
edition of windows.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

Agreed. But a back door to the NSA?

Come on!

That's something new. "A special chip called a Trusted Platform Module (TPM)"?

That wasn't in Windows Operating System all along -- this is a new development.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
So are we just all going to pretend that China hasn't been hacking us for years and stealing as much information as they can on almost every possible industry?

Are we gonna also pretend that the growing number of terror based hacking groups can't breach into systems and do what they want to get their message across?

I might not trust the NSA completely, but i trust them a hell of a lot more then i trust our enemies.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

I'm american and I hope the IT and bill gates goes down HUGE!!!!

Screw these nazi, illumanati ass holes and let them rot in hell where they belong. Bankrupt them! Let their investors go broke !!

They deserve it.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
It will be interesting to see if a completely new 'operating system' is brought in by various countries and the internet will become basically fragmented finally.....as was always inevitable. It was always going to be the case the countries would have to use their own internet to protect themselves from others snooping so perhaps it will all operate on two levels in the future.
edit on 21-8-2013 by Elliot because: spelling

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by antoinemarionette
reply to post by Ameilia

I didn't hear a shred of "ignorance" or "arrogance" in ManFromEurope's post.

So that's just not fair.

What he is doing is stating a series of undeniable facts that Americans need to wake up to.

Fast.

Then you are obviously not reading the same page or don't know any of us Americans. We are awake and fully

aware of what is happening

The Bot

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Hackers never use windows for good reason

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

I am American and I am in America.

Fully awake and aware? You must not have watched Fox News of late.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

cloud services

the service it self raised eyebrows to begin with...I always had an issue..."who would want their data exposed to some third party..."

I'm starting to think...this cloud thingie was invented for easier manipulation and spying, but was sold as IT progress...

In fact it stinks of centralization of power and surveillance.

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
So are we just all going to pretend that China hasn't been hacking us for years and stealing as much information as they can on almost every possible industry?

Are we gonna also pretend that the growing number of terror based hacking groups can't breach into systems and do what they want to get their message across?

I might not trust the NSA completely, but i trust them a hell of a lot more then i trust our enemies.

And here it comes... Your enemies are created by yourselves, nothing more, nothing less. Your desire to "bring democracy" to other countries has created countless wars and enemies. I weep for the americans that hate their consecutive war mongering conflict creating governments.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
What was that old attack of yore, flooding the data sweepers with USELESS DROSS...

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by JameSimon

Originally posted by Thorneblood

And here it comes... Your enemies are created by yourselves, nothing more, nothing less. Your desire to "bring democracy" to other countries has created countless wars and enemies. I weep for the americans that hate their consecutive war mongering conflict creating governments.

Agreed. It's like curing the illness by attacking the symptoms...we know that's a wrong approach. But it is sold as a cure...

<<   2  3  4 >>

join