It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos Taken Atop Egypt's Great Pyramid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Hey guys,

Wandering through the back end of the internet, I came a cross a site that I'd not heard of before (linked below). One of the articles displayed a series of photos taken from atop the pyramid in Egypt, along with a fanciful story.

The team of photographers reportedly hid for upwards of four hours until the area had closed and the majority of the pyramids’ guards had gone home for the night, then made a beeline for top of the ancient structure to take some amazing photographs and soak up the view.

My curiosity here is not in the illegality of it, nor any conspiracy theories etc etc, but in marking on the stone that can clearly be seen in two of the photos:

It appears to me that there is quite a problem with graffiti, some quite old and weathered, others still crisp and appearing fairly recent. I can't make out any of the words in full, but it does appear to be actual text. Does anyone else find this act of defacing ancient structures entirely deplorable?

I'm truly upset by these images and just wanted to share.

Source
edit on 21/8/13 by Scaleru because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I'm upset that the casing stones were stripped off to build Cairo...

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

As am I, but I would prefer any further damage be prevented. The casing was done years before either you or I were born, but the graffiti is happening now.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
When I was a kid I used to visit a tree in Yosemite that sat a top a mountain. It was stunted by altitude, wind and weather, but had sat there enduring it all for millennia. Then people began carving their names in it with pocket knives.

Its just a dead stump now.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Three years prison for climbing the pyramid, and they wore black instead of khaki?

Dumbasses.

Awesome pics but...

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
In the gardens of Louis XIV's palace of Versailles I was amazed to see graffiti from the the 17th century in trees that were hundreds of years old.

Mostly about love...

... graffiti ain't all bad.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scaleru

It appears to me that there is quite a problem with graffiti, some quite old and weathered, others still crisp and appearing fairly recent. I can't make out any of the words in full, but it does appear to be actual text. Does anyone else find this act of defacing ancient structures entirely deplorable?

I'm truly upset by these images and just wanted to share.

Source
edit on 21/8/13 by Scaleru because: Spelling

Unfortunately, graffiti is quite common. It's quite often related to military occupations, it seems. Invading soldiers are free to do what they want, and are quite often bored. I saw some ancient greek graffiti in Luxor Temple - done thousands of years ago by soldiers, apparently.

I think most normal people understand that defacing something somebody made thousands of years ago is stupid.

cool photos though!

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Nice pics mate. Thats such a nice view.

new topics

top topics

join