It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion in dreams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Hello everyone. I was reflecting today on the various dreams I have had before with religious themes. From religious figures like Jesus and Pope John Paul 2; to going to church services or even doing the hajj in Mecca. The list goes on and on. What has me questioning why this is so weird is because I do not understand as an atheist I shouldn't be having these dreams. Don't get me wrong. I understand dreams are weird and I always love to research about religion. The thing is these dreams are very vivid. Where it seems I stepped into another world where I'm a Christian or a Muslim. I cannot believe how vivid my dreams are when I reflect seeing myself in Mecca while I performed the Hajj or being in church and seeing figures that resemble Jesus and Pope John Paul 2.

Maybe I'm going crazy or I'm just dreaming whatever was in the back of my head that day. Still I'm curious about if my dreams mean anything or are just random. Whatever the case I hope to find great information.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

Maybe a message from God that its time to wake up, he's probably trying to capture your attention. Won't you try actually praying to Jesus Christ tonight and ask him to confirm it to you, I know your an atheist, but just try it out, what harm could it do?
edit on 20-8-2013 by 2WitnessesArrived because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

It's probably a stress reaction to all the religiously motivated madness at present Phoenix.

As an atheist, probably wondering how the hell all this madness is happening in the modern world - your mind is putting you in religious circumstances in various dreams to help you make sense of it all.

How's that for a reasonable explanation?

Cirque

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

In my opinion dreams are just a bunch of mumbo jumbo. Probably has something to do with an article you read or something you heard on tv.

EDIT - this is a reply to the op not CirqueDeTruth - my mistake.

edit on 20-8-2013 by gotya because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-8-2013 by gotya because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I understand you may be a Atheist. But maybe pray on it just this one time and see if a answer arises again in your dreams or of somewhere else. I mean if you truly don't believe in God then what do you have to lose, Right?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

That actually makes no sense at all. Sorry...

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by OpViper7

Oh, I see. You see this as an opportunity to convert a non-believer to belief, using their dreams as the meat to why they should.

Sorry, not my style. The op states they are an atheist, I will respect their view and offer an opinion non-religiously based. It's just my way. To each their own.

Cirque

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Religion is about helping sentient beings. Make sure your cat has food before you go to bed and it may stop reminding you telepathically to make sure it is being taken care of

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
You are an atheist, so you don't believe in GOD. But if you believe in HIM, what would you lose?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CamyoW

There are various reason I disbelieve. But I'm mine own individual and feel happy right now. Trying to be rational and control my emotions at the same time. Sorry for not commenting in this thread. I'll be back on later and offer my insights. Basically just my opinions.

top topics

join