It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian News Anchor Loses it On-Air In Interview With Grumpy Cat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

AUSTRALIAN NEWS ANCHOR INTERVIEWS GRUMPY CAT, GOES COMPLETELY HYSTERICAL

www.bustle.com...

...this interview is amazing, and probably the best thing to come out of the Today show franchise in just about ever. It starts off calmly — Karl Stefanovic introduces Grumpy Cat, who's being interviewed via a live feed, and asks her a few questions about whether or not she's happy to be doing this interview, her thoughts on Mondays, and how she feels about Australian prime minister Kevin Rudd.

She doesn't respond (sadly), and Stefanovic is reduced into a cackling mess — he collapses back on his chair and points at the screen, wheezing while he laugh and repeats "look at that cat" over and over again. There's a reference to Jabba the Hutt somewhere in there, too.

Other links to story:

Australian newscaster finds out who Grumpy Cat is, can't handle it

now.msn.com...

Maybe Grumpy Cat never made it to Australia. Or maybe she's still that funny. Karl Stefanovic, the host of Australia's "TODAY," attempted to interview Internet sweetheart Grumpy Cat on Monday morning, and spoiler alert:

He doesn't make it very far. Grumpy Cat, predictably unamused with the chit chat, causes Stefanovic to effectively lose it. We'll add that we effectively lost it when we heard Stefanovic's laugh.

Another spoiler alert: He snorts. It's hard to believe that he's never heard of Grumpy Cat before, but then again, if we were given the opportunity to stare into those despondent eyes, we might succumb to similar behavior.

Australian News Anchor Loses it On-Air In Interview With Grumpy Cat

hypervocal.com...

Australia’s Today Show host Karl Stefanovic has been making waves in the U.S. for his crazy on-air antics. His joke that fell flat with the Dalai Lama was a huge hit on the Interwebz in 2011. He also Anchorman’d his co-anchor on live TV earlier this year. But this latest one is guaranteed to get a laugh out of you.

Stefanovic had a satellite interview with the forever-favorite Grumpy Cat when he asked its opinion on Australian politics. Grumpy Cat’s mere image caused Stefanovic to absolutely lose it

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
When I first saw this on the news tonight, I was like what the....(at first)...and then I paid attention to the interview questions and was like why is the cat on the right side of the screen. Then the interviewer lost it...and so did I

Thought this story would brighten up a few smiles here on ATS. Enjoy the clip like I have

edit on 20-8-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
for those who don't live here...
the interviewer, Karl Stefanovic, is pretty much always like this.
...so this isn't some normally-stoic TV interviewer who loses his cool... that's just how this guy is.

Sorry if that bursts a few bubbles :p

edit:

This is another good example - I like this one better:

edit on 20-8-2013 by Awen24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
That's hilarious! Thanks for the laugh.

I couldn't help laughing about the same time too.. The cat just has that look.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Very funny bloke is Karl. Really does enjoy a laugh.

There is a heap of funny youtube video of him; including a drunk hosting effort
after an awards night. As well as this ...

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
News flash:

Grumpy cat isn't grumpy at all.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I laughed so hard, I had tears in my eyes. I love that cat but the newscasters laugh was even more hilarious.

top topics

join