It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'No Muslim parking' signs spark outrage

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Does the guaranteed right to public access mean the business owner's private right to exclude is violated? For the most part, courts have decided that the constitutional interest in providing equal access to public accommodations outweighs the individual liberties involved.

Modifies the idea of private to an extent, doesn't it. It's business serving the public

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
It’s his house thus his rules; I don’t see any problem with that. But to be honest, turn that sign to Jews instead of Muslims then see how they react WORLDWIDE.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
reply to post by sonnny1

Exactly, allow the ideas of free people to flourish (or die) in the free market exchange of ideas. The State can not deny the KKK to adopt a highway no more than they can of an abortion clinic. If they did, I would be defending the rights of the abortion clinic even if it was against my personal beliefs.....my literal forefather fought for this.

John Adams Defends British Soldiers

This is WHY I decided to pack my "emotions" up in a box, and look at it without the blinders on.

edit on 21-8-2013 by sonnny1 because: typo

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jahari
reply to post by ownbestenemy

I see you can't handle being wrong.

So are you saying all parking lots are public property? Please say yes and show how totally misinformed you are.
edit on 21-8-2013 by Jahari because: (no reason given)

You are assuming they are. This lot is not the Governments.....what are you missing. It is a private lot. Either you are trolling or are so obtuse you just cannot see that.

I never said all lots are public nor have I said they are all private. It is a case by case issue. If we are talking about the County Courthouse...then we have a different stance -- but that isn't what we are talking about now is it.

You need to be clear. You clearly said parking lots are private property. Its illegal that was my point. Cant really argue with it. Its been real.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Jahari

And a large portion of parking lots are.........private property; you do know this right?

Sorry didn't realize I needed to spell that out but the large portion of parking lots and other areas you pull into to get your pizza or wings or medicine are private lots. Typically owned by a developer but sometimes by the business owner. .

Either way, they are not State property and they are privately owned.

Here is a fun question for you:

You claim that because they specifically called out Muslims in their prohibition -- is that any different than say "No yellow cars allowed"?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by amkia
It’s his house thus his rules; I don’t see any problem with that. But to be honest, turn that sign to Jews instead of Muslims then see how they react WORLDWIDE.

Not his house per se. It was the lot in which the business resided. Still finding out the specifics of if that was the business owners lot or a developer.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

reply to post by Jahari

And a large portion of parking lots are.........private property; you do know this right?

Sorry didn't realize I needed to spell that out but the large portion of parking lots and other areas you pull into to get your pizza or wings or medicine are private lots. Typically owned by a developer but sometimes by the business owner. .

Either way, they are not State property and they are privately owned.

Here is a fun question for you:

You claim that because they specifically called out Muslims in their prohibition -- is that any different than say "No yellow cars allowed"?

I'm not going to trivialize this by talking about yellow cars. On topic your wrong sir. It takes a big man/woman to admit it

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

I'm not going to trivialize this by talking about yellow cars. On topic your wrong sir. It takes a big man/woman to admit it

He admitted.......

it was crass and idiotic.

How far does one be offended?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

If I can only editorialize rolling eyes.

Alright. Lets rehash then. You are say your house is private property and I would need your permission to engage or otherwise be allowed upon it no?

Why would this persons parking lot be any different? Is their private property any different than yours? You seem to lean as yes -- but if that is the case; I want to park all my cars upon your property to do my business. Are you okay with that? Doesn't matter apparently, I will proclaim "Civiil Rights Act" violation due to your denial regardless.
edit on 21-8-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
gotta agree with OBE on this one.
definately crass and misdirected but no where near illegal.

leave it to CAIR to really 'care' about the important things

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Yeah.

My first reaction was exactly as most would have reacted. With emotion.

After thinking about it, I agree with him also.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Buy a parcel of land and make it into a parking lot of car size slots for people visiting the city. Charge $1 to park.

Tell potential parkers of a certain race or religion they cannot park there. That is probably illegal.

Tell 18 wheelers they cannot. That is probably OK.

Does anyone think a restaurant can refuse to serve people of a certain race or religion?

it might be private property but it is serving the public.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

I have no desire to rent or lease any land to you for whatever business you want to conduct. The mall parking lot that the store owner decided to place the sign in are offering public services and to have sign saying no muslims is illegal. How many would shoppers did they turn away with that sign that may have been muslim? At this point your acknowlegement isn't needed nor wanted. Gotta go my school bus is here as you so eloquently put it.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Well if business is getting hurt by people who are not going to be doing there business at the mall, and just using it to park to go to the mosque.

He has ever right to do so.

Sorry.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I heard someone left those signs on the runways in New York one September and people took it just as serious as the people in this thread... it was a bad day.

People get angry (or drunk, or excited, or scared, or just about anything) and do stupid things. Happens everyday. Its not like they were manufactured by the city and cemented into the ground...

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Well if business is getting hurt by people who are not going to be doing there business at the mall, and just using it to park to go to the mosque.

He has ever right to do so.

Sorry.

That's the issue being addressed even though the signage was worded by someone incorrectly. The intent wasn't that Muslim shoppers had to park else where.

Gotta see both parts.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
www.texastowingcompliance.com...

I can't seem to walk away from this. You are right the lot owner can have whomever towed with proper signage. Like I said before the word muslim is the culprit here.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

if your theory is correct then why can't everyone park in handicapped spots in any parking lot, anywhere, anytime ????

ps ... parking is not a function of any religion, hence, no legal violation.

not saying it was a good example of anything but foolishness but it certainly was not illegal.

and yet again, leave to the light-weights to fuss over such nonsense while the world around them devolves into complete chaos

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by roadgravel

if your theory is correct then why can't everyone park in handicapped spots in any parking lot, anywhere, anytime ????

ps ... parking is not a function of any religion, hence, no legal violation.

not saying it was a good example of anything but foolishness but it certainly was not illegal.

and yet again, leave to the light-weights to fuss over such nonsense while the world around them devolves into complete chaos

How isn't that illegal to refuse a religious group equal parking access? Once the word muslim was added it became a religious issue hence the legal violation.

Lol gotta love the name calling. Its things like this we give passes to that desolves the world to utter chaos.
edit on 21-8-2013 by Jahari because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
When folk say "every thing in Texas is bigger", they really mean thicker, right?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join