It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dolphins dying by the dozens along East Coast

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
. I don't think people realize how much contamination would have to occur to what is 70% of the surface of our planet to cause this.

Oh oh pick me pick me! 👋👋 over here! Me me!

How about 3 nuclear meltdowns with 400 tons of highly radiated water flowing into the ocean daily unabated for 2 years.

You are correct! Tell him what he won Johnny!

Your very own glow in the dark fish! Never mind that's 3rd eye ball under his chin.

Yay!

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

It is mostly about changing the chemistry of the ocean, near shore. It is the chemicals we use from all sources. The flooding is causing even more of the chemicals to enter the ocean. It is going to get worse before it gets better.
edit on 20-8-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by intrptr

Oil naturally bubbles up from the ocean floor, even when humans aren't drilling for it -

Natural oils, huh?

Corexit is the nasty pollutant that was poured all over it that's causing the worst of the problems.

"Oil" is why they used dispersant. If you own a car(?) you voted for dead dolphins too.

edit on 21-8-2013 by intrptr because: BB code

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thundersmurf

Yeah I think you maybe rushed to the end of the article before reading the beginning. The 740 dolphin die-off was in the 80's. As dusty toad pointed out from your article, there have been 111 recorded deaths this year.

It's still a staggering number of animals to die off, even more so when they don't yet know what caused it, although I suspect that Bp and Fuki have something to do with it.

I posted above you the correct numbers.. You are reading past numbers as well.

got a star for your "correction" though, haha,

Again the numbers:

As of Tuesday, federal authorities say, they have recorded 228 dolphin deaths this year from New York to Virginia. In all of 2012, 111 deaths were recorded.

111 deaths in 2012
228 so far in 2013
740 in 1987

edit on 8/21/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Originally posted by Thundersmurf

Yeah I think you maybe rushed to the end of the article before reading the beginning. The 740 dolphin die-off was in the 80's. As dusty toad pointed out from your article, there have been 111 recorded deaths this year.

It's still a staggering number of animals to die off, even more so when they don't yet know what caused it, although I suspect that Bp and Fuki have something to do with it.

I posted above you the correct numbers.. You are reading past numbers as well.

got a star for your "correction" though, haha,

Again the numbers:

As of Tuesday, federal authorities say, they have recorded 228 dolphin deaths this year from New York to Virginia. In all of 2012, 111 deaths were recorded.

111 deaths in 2012
228 so far in 2013
740 in 1987

edit on 8/21/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

Aaaargh... Too many numbers, too many years!!

Thanks for pointing that out though

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by concerned190

The carcasses of dozens of the marine mammals, seven times more than normal, have been washing up on beaches this summer, and scientists are struggling for answers to the die-off.

It says 740 along the east coast have died and they are finding problems with many of their organs. This is so sad to me there are so many things that could play a factor in this.

www.cnn.com...

well looks like what been hitting the fish is just about ready to come on land.. at humans.

it's already been at humans.. just the cases unreported and and sparse will soon culminate. strange organ illnesses coming to many just under the rib and side. sinus related issues and breathing problems. :-|

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Maybe the ocean is cleansing herself and everything in the sea has to either get out or die. Or the sea bed is cracking open and that's why we have been having more earthquakes and tsunami's. Also we keep hearing those sounds around the world, whatever this is is bad news to us and our planet. The leaked radiation in the water will radiate the fish which then we eat and we all become either mutants or superhumans.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I want to point out that on top of poison from our Govern and others like it there is also radar from subs ect have been known to kill... Whales, dolphins, ect

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by concerned190

I made a post about this on the 8th HERE - I'm glad you've gotten more responses than I did.
This makes me SO SAD.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. Buy used when you can. Spend an hour at the beach on vacation walking and picking up any trash you see and recycle it. Pick up trash along the road side near where you live. Invest in Green energy companies. Drive less, boycott companies like BP. I stopped buying their gas after the oil spill. Have fewer children. If you can't afford children don't have them.

I really like how Europe does their green energy ideas everyday. Countries are more self sufficient than the USA, and they make do on far less than we do daily. The hotel key in France activates the lights in the hotel room at a wall switch and when you pull it out to leave all the lights turn off and the TV in the entire room.
France has enormous wind Farms along the highways. In Ireland the wind mills are atop the hill ridges. In Ireland they have major recycling stations at the gas stations. You can even donate used clothing there. Which I did to make room for taking home purchases in my suitcase. The stores in Europe do not put purchases in plastic bags, you are expected to have a re-useable shopping tote with you.

Companies in America are not allowed to dump toxins into the waterways. Other countries need to observe this policy too, or we should boycott their products until they do.

I feel so sad to think our oceans are dying. People who live along the oceans would probably die first. There would not be fish to support large populations anymore. Most of the worlds populations live along the oceans.

This event is a wake up call. Lets really pay attention and make a difference to our future. Everyone can do small things every day that add up to a big improvement and change.
edit on 21-8-2013 by frugal because: sp

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Your title says dozens but it's more like hundreds. They are finding lesions in their lungs that are consistent with some sort of a respiratory infection. It's extremely sad no matter what...
Also want to add that on the news they were talking about some lung infection that is going around in humans as well. Makes me wonder what's really going on .

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
just wanted to let u guys know that i did not read the article.. or click the link even. many ppl are now facing and fighting the same illness.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
its only going to get worse

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
For what its worth, THIS website tries to explain it. In short its saying that Snowden has documents that say a bunch of supplies are being shipped to Fema Region 3 in preparation for a giant earthquake and or tsunami. A volcano or something releasing gasses is killing the dolphins, that's what they say at least. I don't believe it but hey, it could be aliens zapping them too..

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Cylent773

OMG !! I accidentally read a Sorcha Faal article.....my eyes! my eyes!!

I really, REALLY wish you'd of found corroborating info. I'm in zone 3 and haven't seen any activity altho a east coast quake would be pretty bad. With all the constant rain on the east coast it's more than likely the run-off is affecting the dolphins, weakened immune systems an whatnot.

edit on 21-8-2013 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Wasnt this an occurrence back in the 90s early 2k? Except it just wasn't on our sea board and it turned out to be the navy developing and testing a sonic weapon. The marine mammals found looked to be in good health (other than dead) but for autopsy showed the organs and sinuses destroyed at a cellular level.

there was big outcry and they said they would quit and then they got caught doing it again off the coast of south africa.

having trouble finding links to the original stories, probably because they're so old, but here's one with a lot of info

www.examiner.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

It is sad!

Not going to post about what I thought could be the cause as it looks like it could be 'Virus' which is spread from Dolphin to Dolphin.... the same Virus which killed off a lot back in the 70's!

So, before I blame any particular Corporation, i'll wait to hear more news from the Lab!

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by concerned190

The carcasses of dozens of the marine mammals, seven times more than normal, have been washing up on beaches this summer, and scientists are struggling for answers to the die-off.

It says 740 along the east coast have died and they are finding problems with many of their organs. This is so sad to me there are so many things that could play a factor in this.

This is interesting, because the old prediction I once read said: "When dolphins disappear from Earth, also humans' end is near".

I think it was written in a 'non-english' book, but I can't remember which one. For a long time, I sort of waited for that to happen, but it never did, so I forgot about it. Until now, that is - which makes it an interesting event. I think the prediction had something to do with dolphins dying by the masses, and now they -are- dying by the masses?

But of course after nothing happening for so long, especially during the supposed 'culmination point', I am sure no one wants to take any predictions too seriously.

Please note, that I am not claiming anything, except that I did read that about dolphins a long time ago (close to mid-1990s or so). I mean, I don't know if the prediction about humans' end is true or not, and I am not going to attempt to prove that the dolphin-event was predicted accurately almost a couple of decades ago (or so).

So take it for what it's worth - I have no proof, no links, nothing to offer, except my remark that it's quite startling to read about this event because of what I read a long time ago.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I don't post much anymore and normally don't even believe headlines like this but just wanted to quickly chime in that it just so happened my best friend was on the Jersey shore last week and posted pics on his facebook of a dead rotting dolphin carcass they found on the shore which I thought was extremely strange. So having seen it myself, I really do think this is true and is a weird happening.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I watch the beach beach cams along the east coast pretty regularly, but of course these are very limiting. Occasionally I see big fish (small sharks/dolphins/?) washed up. It's very entertaining (for me) to watch the beach cams, even though it's been so overcast lately.

If you click on the link I hope you can be patient--because they do rotate, and are in real time.
edit on 22-8-2013 by RobinB022 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join