It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cancer?did being smothered drive you nuts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
can i ask anyone on here if u,ve went through cancer treatment that have you become like a hermit where you never leave the house?just ask cause i,ve found that i,ve become kinda house bound and not saying scared to leave house cause i do but its only to go to shop then i,m more comfortable being back in doors.

i,m not worried it will come back but since going through it all i just feel more comfortable in house than facing anyone and the reason for that is probably the fact that everyone fussing over me 24/7 drove me insane,i just wanted that 5 mins alone.

anyone understand?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Lost my dad to cancer back in April. My dad wouldn't even let my mom help with the meds or anything. He would only listen to me. I dont know if its the smothering that bothered him. I feel like its more about not bringing in others to your world of pain.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
Lost my dad to cancer back in April. My dad wouldn't even let my mom help with the meds or anything. He would only listen to me. I dont know if its the smothering that bothered him. I feel like its more about not bringing in others to your world of pain.

well yeah cause i lost my father to cancer in 2001 and to go tell my mother that i had it as well years later was a whole world of pain,to see that look on her face was the worst thing i,ve ever had to do.

i know people are going to say thats why i was probably smothered cause i,d lost my dad that way but i think i would have been smothered either way.
edit on 2013 by sparky31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparky31
can i ask anyone on here if u,ve went through cancer treatment that have you become like a hermit where you never leave the house?just ask cause i,ve found that i,ve become kinda house bound and not saying scared to leave house cause i do but its only to go to shop then i,m more comfortable being back in doors.

i,m not worried it will come back but since going through it all i just feel more comfortable in house than facing anyone and the reason for that is probably the fact that everyone fussing over me 24/7 drove me insane,i just wanted that 5 mins alone.

anyone understand?

No I don't feel like that at all. I am usually home anyway and have plenty of time to myself. It is nice for me to get out once or twice a week.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

Originally posted by sparky31

anyone understand?

No I don't feel like that at all. I am usually home anyway and have plenty of time to myself. It is nice for me to get out once or twice a week.
i,m glad you do,since from going through the chemo i haven,t felt like interacting with many people,as i say i,ve found myself being more happier just being locked up inside but where as before i was never in,maybe it comes down to if i don,t see anyone then i don,t need to talk about it face to face.
edit on 2013 by sparky31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
OP, I never had cancer, but I did have a horrid hip injury and hip replacement surgery that kept me housebound for some of last year, so I understand a reluctance to reemerge into the world of people and a preference to just be alone. When I first started getting out again, it was a big deal just to go to the grocery store. It was an Event! But, over time, little-by-little you'll resume your former habits -- if you want to.

Being smothered always drives me nuts. Luckily, everyone understood to keep at a minimum safe distance during my ordeal.

Heal well! Love & peace.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

I've been going through chemo for past 4 months for Lymphoma and have been very isolated. First, the risk for and numerous infections I've had, second, losing my hair, and third, just tired all the time with fatigue. Chemo side effects have been bad for me. It's okay, sometimes we need that time alone. Nobody smothers me though, I won't allow it

edit on 8/20/2013 by shockedonlooker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

I fought a 2 and a half year battle with cancer--hospitalized for chemos and surgeries most of that time. To answer your question, it has turned me into a bit of a loner and a hermit. Not only are the treatments debilitating physically, the process of cancer treatment and recovery can also be psychologically and socially traumatizing.

To put it plainly, I got used to being a hermit while hospitalized.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Cancer is the dangerous diseases which may causes death.Cancer

new topics

top topics

join