It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Brotherhood memo blesses Egyptian church burnings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
www.investigativeproject.org...

A memo posted on the Facebook page of a local office of the Muslim Brotherhood's Freedom and Justice Party obtained by the Investigative Project on Terrorism shows a clear call to incitement against Egypt's Coptic Christian population, giving its blessing to the burning of churches.

Over 40 Coptic churches have been burned by Muslim Brotherhood supporters since the Egyptian police cleared demonstrators protesting the overthrow of former Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi on Tuesday. Brotherhood supporters also reportedly blocked the road between Cairo and Aswan in southern Egypt looking for Copts, taking seven Copts hostage Thursday. They were later released after a ransom of 150,000 Egyptian pounds, roughly $21,500, was paid.

Muslim Brotherhood rioters who torched St. George Cathdral in Sohag were heard screaming "Allahu Akbar!" as they carried out their deed.

Coptic leaders say the Muslim Brotherhood's violent onslaught against Christians has been unprecedented.

"It never happened before in history that such a big number of churches were attacked on one day," Bishop Thomas, a Coptic Orthodox bishop in Assiut told Al Jazeera. "We normally used to have attacks once a month or so."

And there ya go, right from their Facebook page. I'll tell ya, Facebook gets more people in trouble day by day but I guess the Islamist extremists that are the Muslim Brotherhood just don't care, in fact it appears they are proud of their supporters who so far burnt down churches & Christian schools, taking Christians hostage and holding them for ransom, and parading nuns in the streets.

Just another day in the world of Islamist terrorism.

EGYPT Coptic Church Set Ablaze

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Just for the sake of perspective, someone posting something on someone's Facebook page doesn't mean that it is officially endorsed by that other someone. What is happening in Egypt on all sides is beyond shameful but unfortunately all too understandable.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

Did you read the first sentence of the article?

A memo posted on the Facebook page of a local office of the Muslim Brotherhood's Freedom and Justice Party

Are you under the impression this was some random person who wrote this on their Facebook page? If so, and the MB is innocent, why is the memo still up? Why hasn't an apology or denunciation been made by the Bro-hood about these events?

17,765 like this
August 14 at 2:52 pm ·

"The Pope of the Church (Coptic Pope Tawadros II) took part in the ouster of the first elected Islamist president. The Pope of the Church charges Islamic Sharia with underdevelopment [and] stagnation," the memo from the Freedom and Justice Party's branch in Egypt's Helwan Governorate, near Cairo, said amid other accusations. "After all of this do people wonder why they burn churches? Burning houses of worship is a crime.

"And for the Church to adopt a war against Islam and Muslims is the worst crime. For every action is a reaction."

Here's the link to the Facebook page: Freedom and Justice Party - Helwan

edit on 20-8-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Divide and Conquer is alive and well and coming to a Facebark page near you.

I, Strewth, do hereby declare, on this day, here on ATS, that the Muslim Brotherhood has been infiltrated by the CIA and is now a psyop to garnish hatred from the Christians in the world against Muslims.

And this operation is working an absolute treat.

Very good, carry on.

edit on 20/8/13 by Strewth because: Swills is correct - MB created 1928, well before the CIA.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Strewth

Being that Muslim Brotherhood is older than the CIA (& OSS) I counter your argument.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

What you are implying is that this random memo is now an official call to arms — officially from the Muslim Brotherhood. It isn't and I just object to people like yourself jumping on any social media tidbit.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Apparently, since the Muslim Brotherhood's actions have really become indefensible, even to their American cheerleaders? The tactic has shifted from "They didn't do it!" to "...Well, if they did do it, both sides are equally bad and so it doesn't matter".

Moral equivalency. It's the road to more evil and death in the world and across history by way of justification than any other "tool of logic" in my opinion. Someone is oppressed so they have the right to BECOME what they perceive they are fighting. Yeah.... In my view, that thinking just makes BOTH sides in need of stomping into the mud, when it's true. In this case, the comparison isn't even true to start so it's actually a humorous sideline on how the arguments of defense are changing.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

How do you come to the conclusion that this FB page isn't apart of the MB? It's clearly states it from a local branch of the MB. Do tell, whose FB page is this? Some random MB supporter? What are your thoughts?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Can't argue with that my brother.

So, I have amended my post (in italics) to better reflect my stance.

You can see the divide and conquer philosophy at work here though right?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

Yeah I don't understand why some ATS'ers defend the Bro-hood.

Defenders, why do you defend (and sometimes lie) for the Brotherhood?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Strewth

Of course I can see the divide and conquer stance and where there is conflict of course that stance is applicable but does that excuse these Islamist terrorists for their actions? Back to the stance, who do you feel is ultimately behind the divide and conquer agenda?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
That is so shameful !

Attacking coptic church is attacking all christianity. Even coptic church is different from main stream christian churches they hold sigfinicant role in history of the christianity. Coptic churches hold and preserve huge amount of writings from the dawn of christianity and important insight of the ancient history of the church. Some of the texts are gnostic and never allowed to be part of the new testament and also some alternative gospels. In history aspect losing all those texts would be a terrible lost.

It sickens me to see when people do not respect history of the mankind.

What i see is a crime !
edit on 20-8-2013 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Because they think the military started a coup d'état for no reason. Morsi was starting to over step his power, so he had to be ousted or would nix the military.
edit on 20-8-2013 by Upton33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

They didn't stop with churches or schools.

Malawi National Museum Looting Condemned By Unesco Amid Fears Egypt's Cultural Heritage Is In Danger

Egypt’s Antiquities Minister says some 1,050 artifacts spanning 3,500 years of history were looted from the Malawi National Museum south of Cairo last week, highlighting the fragile security situation in the provinces and the threat the latest unrest poses to the nation’s treasure trove of antiques and manmade marvels.

Photos of the Malawi National Museum, captured on Saturday, show rows of display cases broken and emptied after looters shot dead a museum employee and ransacked the institution between Thursday evening and Friday morning. Local reports suggest that vandals later burned mummies and broke sculptures too heavy to be carted away. Officials say the incident marks the biggest attack on an Egyptian cultural institution in living memory.

Unesco Director-General Irina Bokova stated Monday that she had grave concerns for Egypt’s cultural heritage following the reports of looting at the museum, as well as the destruction of several monuments of religious importance, including churches and mosques in Upper Egypt, Fayoum and Cairo.

“I firmly condemn the attacks against the cultural institutions of the country and the looting of its cultural property,” she said. “This constitutes irreversible damage to the history and identity of the Egyptian people.”

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Copts are not Orthodox and much of the things they wrote is not even consistent with the Gospels or the epistles written by the Apostles and are considered heretical.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Upton33

Only an ignorant fool would think the military did it for no reason. Democratically elected Mursi and the Bro-hood have been trying to take complete, as in dictatorial, control of the Egyptian Gov't while basing it's new constitution on Sharia Law. Speaking of democratically elected, for a first in Egypt, after the over throw of its decades long US puppet dictator, I find it interesting voter turn out was low in both rounds of voting. It appears the Egyptian people, like America, had to choose between a douche (Murbarak 2.0) or a turd sandwhich (Muslim Brotherhood), so many choose not to vote.

That said, the Egyptian people have been protesting Mursi and his party not long after they took office and never stopped. The accumulation of over 14 million(ish) protesters is what made their military decide to give Mursi the ultimatum because the military and police did not want to confront millions of Egyptian citizens. Imagine if those millions resorted the kind of violence these MB supporters have created? Egypt would have been ruined and the military AND Egyptian Gov't knows this and supported the oust, coup, whatever you wanna call it. Seems people like to forget the Egyptian Gov't also supported the "coup".

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

That's enough to damn near throw up over. The loss of history, culture and priceless connections to our past is beyond criminal. On this? DOOM on the Cairo Government. They should have known better after watching what happened in Baghdad in 2003. The whole WORLD should know better after seeing the atrocity of looting priceless culture that became a near sport there. Stuff is still being located from the losses they took and much will never be seen again, I fear.

Here? They just destroyed what they couldn't cart off and peddle off to private collectors for cash. I wouldn't have complained too much if the Military had used deadly force to protect that site...and I don't give a damn if the looters were armed or not.
edit on 20-8-2013 by wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Did i say so? no i didn´t. Even today those texts are being studied by Catholic and Othodox churches and theologians all over the world as those give insight of early christianity and have historical importance. Even many of the writings are carbon dated to be earlier than gospels in New Testament. Coptic church´s library of early texts is huge and not all have been studied or translated yet. Yes there are controversial texts which Vatican has announced heretic for example gospel of Mary and Thomas.

Its history or am i wrong ?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Even many of the writings are carbon dated to be earlier than gospels in New Testament. Coptic church´s library of early texts is huge and not all have been studied or translated yet. Yes there are controversial texts which Vatican has announced heretic for example gospel of Mary and Thomas.

Not likely. Copts came in after the Apostles had all died. The texts they wrote contradict the Gospels, which are largely why they are deemed heretical. Some deny Christ's Divinity, others deny his humanity. Some say he laughed at himself being nailed to the cross, which contradicts the scene at Gathsemane where he sweated blood from the stress of what he knew was coming. Some say he was a spirit being nailed to the cross, which contradicts the OT and Gospels.

new topics

top topics

join