It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perfect Dooms Day Device?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
What would happen if the moon were to be blown up? Would the worlds oceans suddenly flood the planet? Would anything survive?

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
well, I would guess large pieces of the moon would kill us off first... Anyway, why would the moon explode?

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Just a question from a wanna be fiction writer. If man was able to blow up the moon, to be used as a doom day device, what would happen, assuming that the pieces of the moon were not a factor. Would it cause flooding of Biblical proportions?

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Well not really. Moon makes the tides, not the other way around, meaning if the moon were to suddenly disappear we might see some very small gravitational effects, and the sea might be a lot more calmer, but nothing more.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I'm guessing that the tidal forces of the Sun would be felt much stronger... That's about it though. As for mass flooding, i doubt it.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I don't know much about planetary physics, but one thing you might look into is if there were no moon how it would change the earths orbit and inclination, which would cause climate changes.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
with no moon there would be no hightide or low tide, just a place in the middle. so no you wouldnt flood anything, except maybe atlantis
lol

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
with no moon there would be no hightide or low tide, just a place in the middle. so no you wouldnt flood anything, except maybe atlantis
lol

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Not to mention you couldnt see your hand in front of your face at night. And Emily would have nothing to complain about

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
LOL

Well I guess my story of the perfect doomsday device is over. Too bad, I'm 215 pages into writing it, and now it's already been debunked!

top topics

join