It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rural Coloradans to vote on breaking away as 51st state. . . .

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
reply to post by wrabbit2000

Washington State East of Seattle etc needs to do the same thing. Horrific lopsidedness by liberal idiots abusing the rest of the mostly conservative other counties.

It sounds like "We pay it, they run it" would be a pretty fair way of putting it for major city vs. the majority of America. Heck, I might print of a magnetic bumper sticker with that, actually. That's catchy! Maybe stick a color map of the last election next to it. I may see the political parties as the same, but there is a respected yet very clearly recognized difference in world views between liberal and conservative. It goes beyond politics, IMO.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrabbit2000
It goes beyond politics, IMO.

Agree.

Its about freedom, and the right to exercise them as a community and State.
edit on 20-8-2013 by sonnny1 because: typo, sorry

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

This country is at its end. There were some great ideas but theft, lies, injustice greed and corruption win again. The sooner we accept and comes to term with this, the quicker a better way can come into being. Clearly though the ptb will try to prevent this, and one of the first of defense strategies will be to deny access to information. Without the internet, the consensus building process will made much more difficult hence all efforts to prevent any denial of access to information is critical. We need to apply all the tips that the government uses to get us to identify terrorists, and turn those tools on them with a heavy critical eye.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by th3dudeabides

The problem is that liberals don't listen to news - they are clueless - I know a lot of liberals, I have to work with them.

They don't even understand their paycheck stubs!!!!!

They just vote for whats ever "popular". They see obama got a peace prize - so obviously - in their eyes- he's not for war.

These people who vote are idiots!!! I made the comment after one of those people laughingly said "I don't listen to news - it's so depressing" I said, " Then, please, don't vote - there's a lot of # going on in the world."

I got met with a room full of blank stares.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by Happy1

Happy, you from WI?

Fellow Cheesehead here.

Madison has a very bad problem with folks coming from Chicago, and Illinois for a while. I have to say we now have conceal and carry, and a Governor who isn't afraid to fight Unions and Government waste. I am happy for that actually.

I love Scott Walker, he's a great leader.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   

INDEED Bro Wrabbit.

Let's see . . .

bumper sticker ideas . . .

WE PAY, THEY DECIDE

TRASH THE WE PAY--
THEY DECIDE STUFF!

WE PAY; THEY GESTAPO.
TRASH THAT!

THE CORRUPT CITY HIVE
TYRANIZE THE COUNTRYSIDE

USA=RURAL. CORRUPT
ANIMAL FARM= CITY TYRANTS

GENOCIDAL CITY TYRANTS LORD
IT OVER RURAL USA PATRIOTS

COMMIE BUSTARDS=CITY BOSSES
RURAL AMERICANS=PATRIOTS

ELITE TYRANTS RULE FRM CITIES
RURAL AMERICANS=PATRIOTS

TRASH COMMIE ONE-SIDED
CITY RULE. UP W RURAL USA

. . . . OTHERS? . . .

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

I wouldn't call liberals stupid as a blanket term. That's a real bad position for throwing rocks out of a glass house. I mean, with people like Todd Akin running around to remind us the true depths of ignorance a politician can reach? The sorry excuse for a man got a good number of votes too, believe it or not. Republican votes. Extremely IGNORANT Republican votes...

I just had to add... Stupidity isn't an ideological trait anymore than it is a political one. I tend to agree in my personal life experience....I've met more flat out stupid libs than conservatives ...but then again, the libs I think of when saying that were generally going out of their way to be loud and almost proud of the stupidity too ...so it stands out for that reason alone. On the whole? I don't think I actually have seen more of one than the other.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
The state that really needs to do this is New York. Man NYC practically makes all the decisions for that state. Actually as I think about it, just about every state with a major city in it probably needs this to happen. Voting gets so lop-sided when a fraction of the state can make decisions that affect the whole state.

Though realistically, this isn't going to happen. Colorado won't split into two states.
edit on 21-8-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

I wouldn't assume anything at this point on saying it won't happen. In the last 6 years I have seen more things happen in this nation which, 10 years ago "could NEVER happen" than one can shake a P.C. stick at. It would just be another item in a line of them to watch at this point, IMO. It won't even come as a major shock if it happens.

Now, see New York or California split? I would be shocked. Utterly. Not because people there aren't almost to the point of fighting to see it happen but because the state Government is not at all beyond fighting to insure it never does. I don't trust either of those states, to name two of several, in not doing anything...anything whatsoever...it would take to prevent it. Up to and including the organizers having tragic accidents.

Colorado? Whole different state, land and people from my personal experience. Denver sucks, but then, what major U.S. city doesn't at some level? The rest of that state though? I only ran into good, hard working people with a strong sense of self reliance and personal responsibility for the most part.

Time will tell, to be sure. Really?? I think we're getting to a point where, in some cases, separation to live differently may be the only answer short of internal unrest and conflict. We just need the Feds to read their own founding papers to understand...We really are the United StateS of America and not the United State of America.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sharingan

Well, the last time there was an attempt at this, it didnt end so well for them and about 550,000 Americans but I will keep my fingers crossed

I know its not QUITE the same but the Govt might see it as a "challenge" and make an example out of them
edit on 20-8-2013 by Sharingan because: (no reason given)

Actually West Virginia split from Virginia because of differing views about the Civil War.The Civil War was about whole states trying to leave the union and not some counties leaving a state. It is apples and oranges.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Politicians have GOT to get it through their heads. They represent EVERYONE. Not just the side which paid them to get to office. They need to consider the needs of ALL

So, when your Tea Party theocrats take over are they going to represent everyone? including gay people, atheists, liberals, environmentalists, etc?

The problem with splitting is that the moderates will get screwed. I've mentioned this before on this site, but you would end up with California and New York controlling all blue states and god knows what right-wing insane asylum running the red states. Any normal person will be have their lives ruined.

edit on 5-11-2013 by CB328 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

MikeNice81

Originally posted by Sharingan

Well, the last time there was an attempt at this, it didnt end so well for them and about 550,000 Americans but I will keep my fingers crossed

I know its not QUITE the same but the Govt might see it as a "challenge" and make an example out of them
edit on 20-8-2013 by Sharingan because: (no reason given)

Actually West Virginia split from Virginia because of differing views about the Civil War.The Civil War was about whole states trying to leave the union and not some counties leaving a state. It is apples and oranges.

At the time Virginia has seceded from the Union, so technically West Virginia was not splitting from an existing state. Congress, in fact, accepted this by allowing West Virginia into the Union as a new state, thus complying fully with Article IV, Section 3. So we're really talking apples and oranges here from a legal point of view. It's not a good precedent.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

roadgravel
Does anyone think the US congress will go along with this new state?

Am I right in thinking that the last example of "dividing off" was West Virginia?
But those were VERY special circumstances.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
They're voting today...

Residents of 11 Colorado counties will vote Tuesday on whether to secede and form the nation's 51st state.

Proponents of the ballot measure say it is needed to give them a political voice. They say the state government, which is under control of Democrats, is ignoring the concerns of rural voters when passing new gun controls and energy mandates.

The ballot measure would only be a first step to secession. If passed, it would only allow counties to “pursue those [other] counties [in] becoming the 51st state.” The state legislature and Congress would also have to approve.

video is in the article....
Colo. counties to decide on secession

It will be interesting to see the vote tallies !!

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

So, when your Tea Party theocrats take over are they going to represent everyone? including gay people, atheists, liberals, environmentalists, etc?

The problem with splitting is that the moderates will get screwed. I've mentioned this before on this site, but you would end up with California and New York controlling all blue states and god knows what right-wing insane asylum running the red states. Any normal person will be have their lives ruined.

I think a "Tea Party" representation might actually bring some sanity back to a 'normal' society.

Less totalitarianism (or none at all) would definitely be better for everybody.

Look how many 'normal' people are currently getting screwed and ruined by the ultra Left totalitarian policies running things right now.

I bet on a national level they would spend much less and certainly control the theft and corruption that is rampant under Left Wing agendas.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
This is one of those things that has been going on since most states were formed. Their is always some group unhappy at the moment thinking they want to go and do their own thing. Of course it is just as silly now and it was way back then. The cost of the minority part of the population trying to recreate all the internal costs that a state needs to run without the main part of its tax base would just lead to a bunch of poor states. And of course when another group within that group does not like the way something is they will want to split as well and so it would go. If anything some of those poor states, in particular in the south should merge into one state to save money.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I think they might want to ask Puerto Rico how easy it is to get recognized as a state. LOTS more hurdles than just a popular vote.

There have been many attempts over the years...

I hate Wikipedia too but...

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
It mentions one of the issues conservatives are against is the legalization of marijuana. They dont want people to be able to use it. They want the government to control peoples lives.

At the same time it says the reasons they want to succeed is to stop the government from taking control of their lives.

Friggin hypocrites.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I think a "Tea Party" representation might actually bring some sanity back to a 'normal' society. Less totalitarianism would definitely be better for everybody.

You are insane. What kind of normal life will people have with no birth control, no abortion, no unions, no minmum wage, no overtime, no education, no government jobs, no social security- the list goes on and on. The only thing normal is that the bankers will still be rich, but everyone else will be miserable.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I think any chunk of territory thinking about breaking off and becoming a state of their own should consider just what they intend to do to generate state revenues so they just don't become a load on the federal government. Rural Colorado is an okay place, but what kind of natural resources does it have? From what I remember, it's mostly sand hills and radioactive waste dumps.

How is it going to pay its bills? Short-sighted people get all worked up about political philosophy, but never take the time to think of the basic economics of such a thing. Buncha crybabies is what they are.

<< 1    3 >>

join