It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can You Pass the Sexual Harassment Quiz?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
www.utsandiego.com...

I took the test and got 46%

Nobody has received a perfect score to date.

See how you measure up in this brave new world.

Have Fun...

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
20 out of 28, 71%.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
And the emasculation of the American male continues.

Not that I condone harassment, but based on those quiz questions people need to lighten up a it.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Hmm...interesting quiz. I got 82% (23 of 28) correct. To be honest, I think the reason why no one has achieved a perfect score is because some of the questions are poorly worded. Case in point:

"Tom and Lisa are close friends who work together. They often greet each other with a hug. Is this sexual harassment?" Possible answers: Yes, No and Maybe.

I said, "Maybe" because we don't know enough about the relationship to determine whether one person is pressuring the other or it's consensual. The correct answer was "No."

Still, it was fun and enlightening. Thanks!

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Well, I scored 22/28 which is 79%

I learned how to not get fired....

edit on 20-8-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Got to about question 16 and got bored, but the deal to a perfect score seems to be:
- Everything is sexual harassment
- Men are always the guilty party.
(except for a question involving Marcy)

edit on 20-8-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
i got 64% but also a few questions in there about american law which i know nothing about.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
82% Yay!

This quiz is poorly worded. Some questions are really ambiguous to say the least.

But all in all it was fun and I also learnt a way not to get fired ever!

Peace out

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

82%. The ones I missed:

Marcy’s boss, Bill, often approaches her workstation and tells sexual jokes. Marcy does not consider Bill’s conduct offensive, but other “reasonable” women certainly would find the conduct offensive. Can Marcy state a claim for sexual harassment?
Answer: No

* 8% answered correctly

✗Your answer, "Yes", was incorrect.

I disagree here. It creates a hostile work environment as there are ears that over hear.

Tom and Lisa are close friends who work together. They often greet each other with a hug. Is this sexual harassment?
Answer: No

* 81% answered correctly

✗Your answer, "Maybe", was incorrect.

If another observer is made uncomfortable by this exchange, it is harrassment. Hugging is best kept to social environments, not work.

Eric has been written up on disciplinary action several times, and the company is preparing to fire him for poor performance. Before that happens, Eric makes a harassment claim against a co-worker. Should you proceed with firing Eric?
Answer: No, this could be interpreted as retaliation against an alleged victim.

* 23% answered correctly

✗Your answer, "Yes, there is a well-documented paper trail as to Eric’s poor performance.", was incorrect.

His bringing up sexual harrassment while being termed is not a valid reason to retain him. He may have a claim, but his continued pattern of maladaptive performance trends is contraindicative of employment. You can't just decide that because an employee has dirt on you that you have to bend over backwards and throw your own company performance standards out of the window. In my world we would call that "blackmail".

Its no wonder no one has gotten a perfect score. To do so would mean you were incorrect.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I got 21 of 28. 71% but I don't know American law well.

Harass is still two words isn't it?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Darn....I thought I did good too......71%

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
26 of 28.

But I have been at numerous Management jobs in a very litigious state, the two I got wrong where going for too severe, was actually surprised they listed what I picked as yes as maybe.

It can be ridiculous how PC offices have become, I was in a male dominated Sales field and as a manager I had to be aware of any behavior that could lead to lawsuits.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
79%. Didn't know as much as I thought I did.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I'm not interested in sharing how brutish I am with ATS

But one job I had, they had a sexual harassment chapter in their training program (all done on their website.) For some reason I cannot fathom, I had to do the chapter again because I failed.

I think society is just getting a little too tight-necked in some ways. I was at an employment office the other day browsing through their "Do's and Don'ts for Interviews." It said "Don't" wear aftershave or perfume. Really? We're not allowed to use aftershave lotion now because it has a pleasing scent? How could that possibly offend somebody?

edit on 21-8-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
As a non American I rated 75% which is Kewl as I only got US specific ones wrong. Excel for:

Marcy’s boss, Bill, often approaches her workstation and tells sexual jokes. Marcy does not consider Bill’s conduct offensive, but other “reasonable” women certainly would find the conduct offensive. Can Marcy state a claim for sexual harassment? Answer: No * 8% answered correctly ✗Your answer, "Maybe", was incorrect.

If Macy and Bills roles were reversed the answer would be no. Women are ALWAYS allowed to change their minds. The guy that set the quiz must be single or gay

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Are you sure the site doesn't record the IP address and hostname and possibly your personality trait based on your opinion? and the likelyhood of getting into trouble at work?

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This quiz isn't about what's right and wrong, or even what society regards as such. It's about what's legally defined as sexual harrassment in the United States of America. The 'right' answers are the decisions an American manager should take to avoid his business being hit by a sexual-harrassment lawsuit.

Obviously the right answers are the over-cautious ones. And yes, managers should treat women more carefully than men in these matters because juries tend to be more sympathetic towards a woman's claim of sexual harrassment than to a similar claim from a man. Claims by women are also more likely to damage a firm through the negative publicity they generate.

My score? 71%, or 20 out of 28. I got a couple of questions wrong due to my ignorance of American laws and legal terminology, though.

I'm sure plenty of respondents – the ones who know the law – got 100%, but you have to log in to the site for your score to be counted, which you don't find out (at least, I didn't) until you've completed the quiz.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
When I find out that any woman has made a claim of sexual harassment, that does not actually involve someone either:
a) profoundly humiliating her personally and intentionally and/or repeatedly
b) trying to manipulate sex with her directly or indirectly and repeatedly
c) pointedly refusing her promotion, transfer or pay due to gender or sexual stereotypes not performance
d) having her job whether directly or indirectly, whether via duties or potential promotion, messed up by it
I tend to think they're a whiner with a sense of entitlement and they probably need therapy more than a lawsuit.

And I'm female. And I've actually experienced what could be termed genuine harassment and more than once. Then again I've often worked in fairly male-dominated environments. I generally consider all humans sexual beings, and any healthy man aware in this regard, so I don't consider most behavior officially classified as harassment to be so, unless it is literally making someone miserable directly, or messing up their job in some way.

Prejudice is everywhere. You breed the gender and racial prejudice out of the workplace, and you get -- like in my current workplace -- people making the exact same kind of judgments, behavior and jokes about fat people, and about people from "flyover territory" (my corp HQ's are in coastal big cities in places like CA and MA). (I'm from California, but I currently live in the Ozarks. My favorite thing in phone meetings that get those comments is to pause, and then say icily, "I'm in Oklahoma." And wait for all the gasp and then rush to assure me that they don't mean ME, because I'M cool, of course! LOL)

My favorite example isn't so much 'sexual' as 'gender': when a complete and utter moron with a higher title, after insisting I do something that wasn't my job (circa 1991) to clean up literally a mess he made like a 5 year old because as I mentioned, he was a moron, turned from his desk (covered with pictures of his religious eastern guru) and said to me: "There is no need to be upset. As a woman, you should be HONORED to serve."

Not making this up!! Fortunately for this guy, who I could definitely have beat the crap out of in any fight, I was so completely STUNNED by this that I stood there speechless with my mouth open long enough for the sane part of my brain to say in my head, "Leave before you kill him. Leave. Leave. Leave!" and I just left.

I suppose karma had its way though: later in a discussion with our chief investor, he shared that little vignette in the expectation that the man would totally see his point of view. The man said, "I'd have punched you in the mouth!" and not long later he was unemployed. Granted, then cleaning up his messes literal and figurative became even more my problem, but at least I was rid of him.

Another favorite: after a CEO explained to a board of directors how I was now doing my job, the former bozo's job, and another (and working all the freaking time to do it), and asked them to give me a raise to equal approximately

new topics

top topics

join