It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I'm not allowed to have sound on my PC.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by ObservingYou
You mean like these ATS ones that seem to want to expand and take over the whole screen

Maki8ng it impossible to view the main thread page.

As much as I would LOVE to blame ATS? (hey..I know a few people here..I wouldn't have to look far to find the ear to yell in...lol), they don't control that to my knowledge. If they are set up as sites I've worked with are, then the ad streams come within content guidelines and subject areas, but that's about the extent of editorial control for the site owner. The ad network or ad generator (Google for a large majority of the net these days) determines specific ads and ...unfortunately, slips some real nasty zingers in there from time to time, eh?

Ahh, yes, nasty zingers indeed aha, cheers

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

Right there with you, Wrabbit!

Those annoying site plugs drive me crazy! If I want to quote from a site, and list a link, I don't need them trying to post another one! It's simply annoying.

For the videos, that auto-play, I have a possible solution for you, if you use Firefox. I had the same issue. Speakers in use, or headphones, it didn't matter; I was bombarded by annoying videos, many not even related to what I opened! I tend to open several tabs from a news page, for example, then go through and read them. Sure as anything, I would end up with multiple videos playing all at the same time. That is bad enough on headphones, and far worse with speakers!

Well, going rapidly crazy(er), I hunted for some solution, and I found one. I will PM it to you, if you like, as I am not sure that qualifies as an "ad blocking" sort of thing. Not what it is, but don't want to break a rule.

Hope that will work for you! Now, if we can find a way to stop the site plugs.......
edit on 24-8-2013 by LadyGreenEyes because: edit to remove possible boo boo

<< 1  2   >>

join